The Student Room Group

Girlfriends sudden change of personality :/

Keep anon please.
Been with her 2ish months now, so obviously i dont know her fully yet.
But over that time ive come to understand how she is. You know, how someone is in general, and what i learnt was she was very up and down.
She would be very happy at one point, but then she would go kind of distant and cold with me. She lost her virginity to me one month in, but she remained like this. I just put it down to her being her, thats just the way she is.
Well last monday (6th december) she stopped taking the pill because it was causing her to bleed often. After stopping it she came on her period on Wednesday, which ended on Sunday.
Saturday night she sleeps round my house, we have a pretty awful night together. We argued and she was distant, then affectionate, but we generally got on eachothers nerves.
Sunday morning, she asks me if i want to go to her house (she never asks this, normally when we sleep together we just do our own thing seperately the next day).
I go round her house and have a brilliant time, she comes up with the idea that we go out for a meal, so we do. We have a great laugh and i really enjoyed it.
Go back to hers and shes much more affectionate, wants to cuddle more and kiss and stuff. Was a lovely day tbh.
Ive just seen her now, went to hers (Tuesday night). Again, shes really affectionate, had an awesome night with her. Shes texting me when im driving home with really sweet texts.
I just dont get it, she is being totally different. Normally when i go round her house, she doesnt smile when she sees me, and it takes her a while to start cuddling and stuff. But today she had a huge smile on her face when i came over and just generally looks a lot happier.
I can only put it down to her quitting the pill, as ive heard some horror stories of girls going suicidal on it, huge mood swings and depression etc.

Unless anyone else can shed any light on this? Shes even planning how we will spend new years eve away with eachother, and holidays and stuff next year :confused::s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe she realised she was being a bit off and grumpy with you and is making more of an effort, and realised how much she likes you?

It's only a good thing, so don't think much about it haha.
Reply 2
That time of the month my man, that time of the month.
Reply 3
Original post by rj1990
Maybe she realised she was being a bit off and grumpy with you and is making more of an effort, and realised how much she likes you?

It's only a good thing, so don't think much about it haha.

I know i shouldnt think about it too much but its really weird.
She doesnt seem to feel any different personality wise since ending the pill.
Also she swallowed tonight, not really relevant but she said she would never swallow for anyone, yet tonight she did and enjoyed it lol.
So weird
Original post by T-Star*
That time of the month my man, that time of the month.

Original post by Anonymous
Keep anon please.
Been with her 2ish months now, so obviously i dont know her fully yet.
But over that time ive come to understand how she is. You know, how someone is in general, and what i learnt was she was very up and down.
She would be very happy at one point, but then she would go kind of distant and cold with me. She lost her virginity to me one month in, but she remained like this. I just put it down to her being her, thats just the way she is.
Well last monday (6th december) she stopped taking the pill because it was causing her to bleed often. After stopping it she came on her period on Wednesday, which ended on Sunday.
Saturday night she sleeps round my house, we have a pretty awful night together. We argued and she was distant, then affectionate, but we generally got on eachothers nerves.
Sunday morning, she asks me if i want to go to her house (she never asks this, normally when we sleep together we just do our own thing seperately the next day).
I go round her house and have a brilliant time, she comes up with the idea that we go out for a meal, so we do. We have a great laugh and i really enjoyed it.
Go back to hers and shes much more affectionate, wants to cuddle more and kiss and stuff. Was a lovely day tbh.
Ive just seen her now, went to hers (Tuesday night). Again, shes really affectionate, had an awesome night with her. Shes texting me when im driving home with really sweet texts.
I just dont get it, she is being totally different. Normally when i go round her house, she doesnt smile when she sees me, and it takes her a while to start cuddling and stuff. But today she had a huge smile on her face when i came over and just generally looks a lot happier.
I can only put it down to her quitting the pill, as ive heard some horror stories of girls going suicidal on it, huge mood swings and depression etc.

Unless anyone else can shed any light on this? Shes even planning how we will spend new years eve away with eachother, and holidays and stuff next year :confused::s-smilie:

firstly i would sit her down one night with a glass of wine or hot chocolate, just talk, talk about anything, life and feelings etc. She'll should open up a bit more and ask her questions about how she's feeling. Ask her what is the problem, but remember to stay calm and listen.

trust me, i did this with a old girlfriend (we parted a few months ago) i sat her down with hot chocolate and had a amazing night just talking about rubbish and i learnt a great deal about what makes her tick and it uncovers why she's been acting moody lately. trust me it works
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I know i shouldnt think about it too much but its really weird.
She doesnt seem to feel any different personality wise since ending the pill.
Also she swallowed tonight, not really relevant but she said she would never swallow for anyone, yet tonight she did and enjoyed it lol.
So weird

I just spit my drink all over the keyboard..I was NOT expecting that...lolz...congrats? ermm..it can only be a good sign..lol hahaha
You taught her well

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
I think it's possible the pill has something to do with it. I've generally found I'm a lot happier off it than on it.
Reply 8
Its the pill - or coming off it rather. Quite common. Your complaining about her being affectionate, why?
Reply 9
Original post by Riderz
Its the pill - or coming off it rather. Quite common. Your complaining about her being affectionate, why?

Not complaining, just really puzzled.
My main concern is shes going on the injection soon and i hope it doesnt alter her mood
Reply 10
WomenPeople are often like that. You just need to have a proper chat, but it is a tough one. Good luck. :-)
I got really moody and irritable when I was on the pill so it's quite possible that that could be the reason. Either that or she's just realised that she's more into you than she previously thought- either way don't complain, enjoy it :smile:
Reply 12
I have spoke with her about it before and shes always just told me that is how she is, her moods change. She said she has always been like it.
But really she has been totally different and in a way its creepy because its almost as if shes being too nice lol
Reply 13
bump
shes being nice to you!
It's probably from all the hormones in the pill. Maybe now she's off it she'll be more consistent in her moods.
She also may have realised that her moods have had an impact on you recently and wanted to make up for it.
Reply 16
Original post by Blueflare
It's probably from all the hormones in the pill. Maybe now she's off it she'll be more consistent in her moods.
She also may have realised that her moods have had an impact on you recently and wanted to make up for it.

Fair enough
the pill affects me like that too honestly! guys dont realise what it does to you, it affects your mood, your weight and generally your attitude towards everything and anything! so dont blame her for it :smile: it doesnt mean she doesnt like you :smile:
Reply 18
She's preggo dude. Ruuuuuun!
Hmm, I do have a friend who started feeling depressed when she was on the pill. But it's hard to believe that taking it for a few weeks would affect your girlfriend that much...

Just enjoy it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending