The Student Room Group

Want to die before 35.

Hi

Don't fly off the handle. Just want some opinions on my feeling.. recently decided I want to leave this world around the age of 35... before any kinda 'old age' kicks in.. any indignity... loss of looks...

I am prepared to kill myself around that time, and I'm pretty sure thats what I will do.

Life is full of problems.. struggle to survive, hate your job, have no money, people hurt you, then you get old, start to **** yourself, and die alone. Why go down that road? Opting out in the prime.. boom... thats my genuine feeling. And enjoying myself til then the best I can. Cant stand the thought of being old.. or even middle aged.. I dont plan to have kids so won't really be leaving anyone behind... and it will just be a blaze of glory.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your Crazy? Right? DON'T even think like that! Get help and find something fun to do
Well, that's up to you. I'm sure you'll change your mind.
Reply 3
:lolwut:

That is a bit silly, seeing as you are decaying even as you read this post, and it's a rather boring and 80's style of thinking.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Are you crazy - "loss of looks"? 35+ men are the sexiest. I could write you a list as long as my arm.
I don't get why people fear old age. Surely it's an accomplishment to grow old, have your family around you and be able to look back at everything you achieved in your life? I think it will be great to grow old with someone and have all these little grandchildren!
Reply 6
I used to feel exactly like this a few years ago. It's quite odd... People used to think I was crazy for saying it but I think it's a more common feeling than most people think. Sometimes I still feel like that, but everything seems to feel a lot more 'long term' now, and I can imagine myself getting older more than I used to be able to.

I still plan to never have kids or get married (which loads of people also find really odd) but I've pretty much abandoned the want to die before 35 thing.
no you don't. you won't neither come 34
Reply 8
Original post by Jack_1919
Hi

Don't fly off the handle. Just want some opinions on my feeling.. recently decided I want to leave this world around the age of 35... before any kinda 'old age' kicks in.. any indignity... loss of looks...

I am prepared to kill myself around that time, and I'm pretty sure thats what I will do.

Life is full of problems.. struggle to survive, hate your job, have no money, people hurt you, then you get old, start to **** yourself, and die alone. Why go down that road? Opting out in the prime.. boom... thats my genuine feeling. And enjoying myself til then the best I can. Cant stand the thought of being old.. or even middle aged.. I dont plan to have kids so won't really be leaving anyone behind... and it will just be a blaze of glory.

There's no point doing something like that. If you're planning to die early, at least do it in something exciting (and, yes, life threatening) and worthwhile which not only enriches you but helps others. If you end up killing yourself, you'll be doing it out of fear. There are plenty of ways to do it in fact and I'm not being sarcastic. War journalists help others but put their lives on the line every day, so do mercenaries. I'm deliberately listing potentially independent routes because working for a company or a government may not give you the kind of life you're looking for. Then again, you might find all of this living a mundane, average life until the age of 35.
Reply 9
You remind me of Hunter S. Thompson. His suicide note...

"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax This won't hurt."
I'll probably change my mind, get even more arrogant maybe, but it's really not an unusual idea. I think the same way. Youth is where it's at. Gaining experience for what? To say you have?
Reply 11
To be honest I went past a pub today on my way to work, saw two fairly aged men standing outside at 1:30 having a ciggie and laughing with eachother. Made me realise I am going to love reaching the age where I can just not worry about work or money and go do stuff like that in the day with a pal, other than that I guess I'm gonna live my life to the fullest anyway!
Reply 12
I may or may not change my mind. And I feel a lot of guilt about how I feel based on the fact that a lot of people die young without chosing to. A very good family friend of ours died suddenly at 31. But I also can't help the way I feel and I believe my feeling will, if anything, get stronger. I can't see myself anything other than young. I dont want to be anything other than young. I don't want to see my parents get that old and die. I don't want to be a burden to people, or society. I don't think there will be anything worth living for as our economy and country just continues getting worse. I also have always had an inclination to LEAVE things when they are still going. I do it at parties, I do it to jobs, I do it to relationships.. its a buzz.. so why not just do the ultimate thing and leave life while its still going... but just when it might start going downhill.. glad some of you can understand.. and LOVE the Hunter S Thompson comparrasion thank yoU! :biggrin:
I may or may not change my mind. And I feel a lot of guilt about how I feel based on the fact that a lot of people die young without chosing to. A very good family friend of ours died suddenly at 31. But I also can't help the way I feel and I believe my feeling will, if anything, get stronger. I can't see myself anything other than young. I dont want to be anything other than young. I don't want to see my parents get that old and die. I don't want to be a burden to people, or society. I don't think there will be anything worth living for as our economy and country just continues getting worse. I also have always had an inclination to LEAVE things when they are still going. I do it at parties, I do it to jobs, I do it to relationships.. its a buzz.. so why not just do the ultimate thing and leave life while its still going... but just when it might start going downhill.. glad some of you can understand.. and LOVE the Hunter S Thompson comparrasion thank yoU! :biggrin:

But what if you are really happy when you are 34. Would you still kill yourself at 35.
Hi

A blaze of glory on internet forums..?
I think you should do it now. You're aging already.
You are going to feel like such a prat when you look back on this when you're older.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Original post by Gemma :)!
I think you should do it now. You're aging already.
Original post by markberry91
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ooh that's a lot of :eek:s!
It has to be a troll. Otherwise I would have been nice.
Reply 19
Why wait? :biggrin:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest