The Student Room Group

2012...End of the World/New World Order

Your thoughts?

I wonder how the New World Order will be imposed if it is the end of the world :confused: lol
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'll get back to you on it. Probably.
Reply 2
Is it the 1st of January or the 31st December 2012? :\

It's a big difference when viewed with just over a year to go.
Complete and utter bull****.
Original post by RyanT
Is it the 1st of January or the 31st December 2012? :\

It's a big difference when viewed with just over a year to go.

lol.

I wonder what would happen if it was proven that the World would end in 2012.

I'd imagine things would go completely crazy!

The Mayan civilization predicted that on December 21, 2012 something will happen to the world we know. Something will happen that will change our civilization, value systems and the way we know human civilization forever.

I mean let's say the Government and those officials really high up such as presidents, etc did know that the end of the world was approaching, I doubt they would tell everyone, if they couldn't do anything to prevent it.

Perhaps the tuition fees have been increased to deter people from starting university as the world is going to end anyway :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Nothing will happen, it's stupid that people actually think it's going to happen just because an ancient calender stopped in 2012.

Neither will the new world order, if it did stop it'd be a massive coincidence! (I know it's debatable whether it actually exists, but I believe it does to an extent)
What would be the point in going crazy? Anyone could die at any moment but things arent crazy so why change it if the world was going to end?
Reply 7
Original post by im so academic
Complete and utter bull****.

This.
Reply 8
Original post by garlicbreadman
lol.

I wonder what would happen if it was proven that the World would end in 2012.

I'd imagine things would go completely crazy!

The Mayan civilization predicted that on December 21, 2012 something will happen to the world we know. Something will happen that will change our civilization, value systems and the way we know human civilization forever.

But it could still be good, right? :frown: RIGHT!?!?!?!? :afraid:
Original post by Nick1sHere
What would be the point in going crazy? Anyone could die at any moment but things arent crazy so why change it if the world was going to end?

Well, we don't know when we are going to die.
But if it was proven that the world was going to end in 2012, the people may stop going to work, etc.
Most people don't know whether they have 10, 20 or 60 years to live.
If it was 2012 then everyone would have a year left.

I personally don't have an opinion on it.
I beliee in the Illuminati to a certain extent, but about the end of the world...dunno tbh
Original post by Jarlsberg
But it could still be good, right? :frown: RIGHT!?!?!?!? :afraid:

lol.:rolleyes:
Ohmygawd even international singing sensation Jay Sean sung about it! The world's definetely going to end now, not because he has some prophetic or world affecting power but because Jay Sean made such an awful song

It's interesting cos the closer we get to December 2012, the more mindless hype, youtube viral videos, prophecies, TV shows, Jokes, songs etc will come out about it but when December '12 actually arrives, people will be majorly bummed out cos the world isn't gonna end.... It will be like a massive Y2k but on such a ridiculous scale

December 20th 2012 will be an insane day, that's for sure, the easily persuaded people already believe it and are prepping their cabins in the woods and stuff. Sad
Lots of people like to predict things - what makes the Mayans' so special? Heck, even the weatherman gets it wrong sometimes!

No, modern Mayan people regard the date with no significance and say there was little agreement of what the date meant due to the contradiction of what few sources remain.
So, ignoring the Mayans.

What about the New World Order?
Surely that isn't so absurd?
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Lots of people like to predict things - what makes the Mayans' so special? Heck, even the weatherman gets it wrong sometimes!

But who would you trust more: the Mayans or Michael Fish?
Reply 16
So, ignoring the Mayans.

What about the New World Order?
Surely that isn't so absurd?

It's certainly not impossible, and I do believe a higher order exists within society. I don't think they have any great foothold though, otherwise something big would've happened by now. But patience isn't a problem for them.....
nnnope
plus didn't their calendar just end because it was the end of a short baktun count or..a long.. baktun count or something? and it went on to a new age? our calendars end every year, we don't look at "December" on our calendar, see it ends on the 31st and assume that that means it's the end of the world..
Also New World Order, no
So the end of an ancient calendar means the end of the world? My calendar ends this year. Does that mean we're all ****ed come January first?
And as far as I'm concerned, New World Order is just a damn good Megadeth song.
Well, the world isn't going to end, so :yawn:

Quick Reply