The Student Room Group

Why do the super fit girls like House/Dance music while the ugly girls like Rock?

Same goes for guys too I guess. You always see the ugly societal rejects (greebos) go to rock concerts, or 'gigs' (a few hot people too, but generally pretty ugly), but in big House/other Dance parties nearly everyone is super hot with the ugliest people there being moderately above average. Why is this?

Case in point:

vs

Explain.

Scroll to see replies

Slipknot appeal to a certain sub-genre of 'rock' fans, and can definitely not be used to classify the whole of 'rock' as a genre.

Have you seen some of the indie chicks? :coma:
Yeah I don't care about the videos.

Have you ever been to a rock gig :s-smilie:

I met the most amazing girl at a Muse gig. She was genuinely one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever met.

Not to mention without stereotyping too much the House/Dance chicks tend to be .... let's just say less intellectually stimulating.
Reply 3
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Yeah I don't care about the videos.

Have you ever been to a rock gig :s-smilie:

I met the most amazing girl at a Muse gig. She was genuinely one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever met.

Not to mention without stereotyping too much the House/Dance chicks tend to be .... let's just say less intellectually stimulating.

true, but let's not forget these are women...
Reply 4
I'm like, so totally trolled right now.

NICE ONE!123
Tbh, you do have a point. Dunno really.
Original post by Broderss
true, but let's not forget these are women...

erm OK :s-smilie:

Once I went to a clubland concert. It was ridiculous. Girls were in underwear with see through tops and skirts on top. Legwarmers, loads of makeup etc.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy looking but if they had actually put clothes on I don't think there would of been a big difference between them and my rock chicks :smile:

I was scared to even touch any of the girls because with all the makeup on they could be anywhere between 13 and 19.

Your Slipknot/metallica (can't be bothered going back and looking at the video) Is a bad representation anyway. It's not really rock is it it ? It's more metal ? My definition of rock (Things like Foo Fighters who are AMAZING live) Have lots of gorgeous girls. Unless you get too far forward. Then they jut start to sweat :s-smilie:
Reply 7

That's... That's actually a good question. :lolwut:
Oh right I just thought of a major example.

Have you ever seen any pictures from Leeds/Reading festival ? I went this year and some of the girls there were so hot. A little bit of putting that most of them haven't showered for a few days but still they were really hot girls everywhere.

Leeds festival is mostly rock music.
Maybe because each generally sing about stuff they can relate or dutty wine to? :dontknow:

I like rock.
Slipknot!?

ergh
Reply 11
Found the same, I went to a disturbed concert and 95% of the girls were abit doggy.... Dont know about club music concerts though myself. Perhaps those who are less attractive tend to be less accepted in society and so relate to slighly more depressing songs. Whereas those who are attractive spend their entire lives getting on with people more easily because people find them attractive and sex is much mroe in their face, hence the more sexual/club music?
Reply 12
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
erm OK :s-smilie:

Once I went to a clubland concert. It was ridiculous. Girls were in underwear with see through tops and skirts on top. Legwarmers, loads of makeup etc.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy looking but if they had actually put clothes on I don't think there would of been a big difference between them and my rock chicks :smile:

I was scared to even touch any of the girls because with all the makeup on they could be anywhere between 13 and 19.

Your Slipknot/metallica (can't be bothered going back and looking at the video) Is a bad representation anyway. It's not really rock is it it ? It's more metal ? My definition of rock (Things like Foo Fighters who are AMAZING live) Have lots of gorgeous girls. Unless you get too far forward. Then they jut start to sweat :s-smilie:

rock/metal is all the same music. anything loud and annoying with a guitar falls into the same category.
Reply 13
Original post by dnumberwang
you'd do Hayley Williams though

she's not exactly hot she's more cute but i'd do her just not the majority of her fans :smile:
Reply 14
"Why ponder lifes complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?"

The uggs probs feel obliged to like rock music tbh, like they resign themselves from a relatively early age to liking whatever the other uggs like. Therefore acquiring a taste for that god awful skipknot noise.
HAHAHAHAHA. i love this thread.
i think it's bcs fugly girls try to find a way to hide themselves.. so since rock ( wootttaaa **** music) makes u dress weird n act weird or waeva.. so it's like a camouflage
Reply 16
Original post by JayReg
Found the same, I went to a disturbed concert and 95% of the girls were abit doggy.... Dont know about club music concerts though myself. Perhaps those who are less attractive tend to be less accepted in society and so relate to slighly more depressing songs. Whereas those who are attractive spend their entire lives getting on with people more easily because people find them attractive and sex is much mroe in their face, hence the more sexual/club music?

yeah that's what i thought. hotter people like sex more and like to be more sexy so these kinds of music industries develop which attracts more hot people and they grow, whereas the no to confident/happy people like depressing music and that's how heavy metal/rock music develops.
You may say a lot of racist ****, but I admit you are one fantastic troll
Swop "rock" for "pop......ESPECIALLY boybands" and you'll only be 50 % wrong
Also super fit girls don't like house n dance. I've noticed they're all skinny and shapeless. You've got ****ed up taste
Reply 19
Original post by Hot.Chocolate
HAHAHAHAHA. i love this thread.
i think it's bcs fugly girls try to find a way to hide themselves.. so since rock ( wootttaaa **** music) makes u dress weird n act weird or waeva.. so it's like a camouflage

a way of identifying with a group of people to hide their selves?

Quick Reply

Latest