The Student Room Group

Models at uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Charlski
I care as I found one of her comments deeply objectionable. Simples!

Does it effect you in any way? Do you feel your life will now be impacted in the long-term?

Seriously. Who gives a ****
Reply 81
brb making a thread on 'ufo witnesses at uni'
Reply 82
im terribly sorry if i have in some way offended people with an 'arrogant' career choice, in all honesty if that is my biggest flaw then wow.. compared to some of the disgusting things people have said and dispicable generalisations i feel sorry for you! so to anyone who has said something full of their own self importance about models or watever, your comments are laughable xx
Reply 83
Original post by tablelamp
im terribly sorry if i have in some way offended people with an 'arrogant' career choice, in all honesty if that is my biggest flaw then wow.. compared to some of the disgusting things people have said and dispicable generalisations i feel sorry for you! so to anyone who has said something full of their own self importance about models or watever, your comments are laughable xx

But models are not clever enough for uni!
Reply 84
Original post by Kerny
But models are not clever enough for uni!

yeah lilly cole is at cambridge... do you want to keep talking??
Reply 85

No, your career choice isn't arrogant, your manner is.
Ummm well, in a way we are normal but we just have much busier lives you know: shoots, work outs... it gets hectic so i just thought we shud get to know each other before uni :smile:

I find it slightly hilarious you got negged 33 times for that post.

Original post by doubledot
I was a fully paid model, represented by an agency until I decided to quit when I got into university. And as somebody who went through the entire modelling shtick, can I just say that it's really presumptuous of you to think that because we have roll calls, training sessions and shoots, it means we have a harder life. What about those doing hard manual labor? Those who have to work every day on their feet after a long day of classes sometimes, in comparison to our few days a week? A lot easier than sitting in make up for three hours, I personally feel. I'm not trying to be bitchy, but please don't give us a bad name and please rethink what you said.

You're stunning! I'm not jealous... :tongue:

Everyone leave the OP alone!

I'm not a model but I watch America's Next Top Model, if that counts... oh Angelique... :tongue: :rolleyes:

But seriously, I don't see the big deal. Models are just like any other student aren't they? I mean, mature students have a thread, so do reapplicants, why shouldn't models? All have a fairly different set of circumstances.

My sister knows this absolutely gorgeous model and apparently she's really nice and if that wasn't enough, she goes to Leeds and does Japanese! One of my friends got scouted by Storm and she's like 6"2, a red head, not especially striking but normal pretty. She got 3 A*s at A level and got into Oxford to do Biology. So the whole model= stupid argument fails a bit. Some of them happen to be smart AND tall, skinny and pretty. Sucks. :sad:
Reply 87
Original post by Simplicity
Most of the people have got the intelligence of a model in this thread. Why you guys responding to a obvious troll?

Oh yeah because all models are stupid :rolleyes:
Original post by Wanischa
Oh yeah because all models are stupid :rolleyes:

I just said people have the intelligence of a model in this thread. Didn't say models are stupid, you just assumed I did.

Abi24
You hardly do yourself any favours by labelling all models unintelligent.

See above.
Original post by darigan
I'm a food model, I dress up as a sunday roast, puddings, cakes etc. and have shoots done - I even played a stuffed turkey crown in an M&S advert a few months ago.
(thats me on the top right)

A lot of people say "Wouldn't it just be easier for photographers to use actual meals", and the fact is that it just doesn't work, its hard to explain to people that aren't in the industry

:rofl: Actually had to use my inhaler due to this. :rofl2: :lol:
Reply 90
I just said people have the intelligence of a model in this thread. Didn't say models are stupid, you just assumed I did.

See above.

It's what you implied though. :/
Reply 91
Are you the 'model' of a vapid, conceited moron?
Reply 92
This thread is just for people with a common ground to communicate. Having a modelling career does complicate University and as a model then I think your life is going to be busier than the average student! Everyone needs to stop overreacting, to be honest it just makes you look jealous.
I've done glamour modelling :wink: *waits for the hates*
Reply 94
Original post by Profesh
Are you the 'model' of a vapid, conceited moron?

nope i believe that position is only avaliable for obnoxious losers like yourself, have a good christmas wont you x
Reply 95

But the comment "intelligence of a model" alone in relation to this thread implies that models aren't very clever - this thread has been poorly thought out by OP and they haven't done themselves any favours in some of their posts either, but that doesn't mean you can go round implying all models are unintelligent and do nothing purposeful but convert oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Why don't you come and hang round my life for a bit? You'll soon see...i'm juggling an economics degree (not at some crap uni either) with my modelling career and my personal life. I am agency represented but a lot of self promotion and self preservation is needed as well to keep people interested in you and keep clients wanting to book you for work. However, I do also have a life, and I like to leave my extra self confidence in the book with my portfolio and business cards in, so I can be a normal human being.
Original post by darigan
I'm a food model, I dress up as a sunday roast, puddings, cakes etc. and have shoots done - I even played a stuffed turkey crown in an M&S advert a few months ago.
(thats me on the top right)

A lot of people say "Wouldn't it just be easier for photographers to use actual meals", and the fact is that it just doesn't work, its hard to explain to people that aren't in the industry

YES NOW!! :rofl:

Remind me to rep you tomorrow!
Original post by Abi24
But the comment "intelligence of a model" alone in relation to this thread implies that models aren't very clever - this thread has been poorly thought out by OP and they haven't done themselves any favours in some of their posts either, but that doesn't mean you can go round implying all models are unintelligent and do nothing purposeful but convert oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Why don't you come and hang round my life for a bit? You'll soon see...i'm juggling an economics degree (not at some crap uni either) with my modelling career and my personal life. I am agency represented but a lot of self promotion and self preservation is needed as well to keep people interested in you and keep clients wanting to book you for work. However, I do also have a life, and I like to leave my extra self confidence in the book with my portfolio and business cards in, so I can be a normal human being.

I didn't imply anything. On purpose, what purpose do models do, except sell clothes made by children in some sweat shop in India?

You are starting to sound like the OP. You must lead a very busy life. Busier, than the ugly people in this thread.
hi no, i am :smile: its in the name? and not to be rude but i think many of your comments are quite offensive? its just a thread...? there is absolutely no need to become patronising or draw on irrelevant subjects, personally i try not to go out of my way to offend people, if you find this thread offensive simply dont write on it :smile: all the best tablelamps

(for verification that this is tablelamps, please see the name above this post)

xxx

I think that its really annoying when you end sentences that aren't questions with a question mark? And it makes people read it as if you do that annoying thing where you pronounce every sentence with a slightly raised intonation at the end of the sentence?

On another note though, people need to chill out with the whole model-bashing thing. Its a little bit ridiculous; I bet most of the guys who are commenting along the lines of "hurrr durrr models are dumb and shallow" would still jump at the chance to sleep with/get with a lass who has model-like good looks. :smile:
Original post by rachelkeira
I've done glamour modelling :wink: *waits for the hates*

Hm, foolish people who hate on you for that. Chances are, if you're lucky enough to have a figure suitable for glamour modelling, most lads (and a proportion of females!) would love to see you naked/topless anyway...unfortunately its often these people that criticise glamour models too :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending