The Student Room Group

"Ah Bless!" is this condescending?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lukejoshjedi
She may or may not, doesn't seem like she's bullying you. If you're a few years younger than her she may just see you as naive and a tad immature, inexperienced (in the job role anyway)

So don't think too much of it, if she starts making you do or say things then you should be like wtf.... then that's just manipulation, she'd be using you for comic relief. Don't fret though

Immature isn't good though :redface: I suppose the best way to find out is to give her things and then if I ever walk past her again and she asks how the job is going then she likes me in a friend way :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Yawn11
:lolwut:!?

As a Nigerian, I'm surprised at your reaction. My Grandma tried to beat the left-handedness out of my uncle as Nigerians are very superstitious about these things.
Original post by Flyingaround
Immature isn't good though :redface: I suppose the best way to find out is to give her things and then if I ever walk past her again and she asks how the job is going then she likes me in a friend way :smile:

Yeah I know, the older you get, being seen as immature by the opposite sex just gets worse : / having friends that girls think are all immature, its like a social killer

Give her things hmm... well not randomly, don't make her think you admire her or something so just be chill with it, get talking to her just casually and it'll sort itself out

What is the age gap anyway? If you are younger than her, by how much?
Original post by sango
As a Nigerian, I'm surprised at your reaction. My Grandma tried to beat the left-handedness out of my uncle as Nigerians are very superstitious about these things.

that's bad, I wonder if that's why there's not alot of left handers in the world, as they say we came from africa years ago, and maybe in genetics they got rid of left handers and now it's like this but i dunno
Original post by sango

what about albinism? I hear in some areas of Africa it's rather unlucky to be one...
Reply 25
Original post by joey11223
what about albinism? I hear in some areas of Africa it's rather unlucky to be one...

That's East Africa. In Nigeria, no one bats an eye lid. May get the odd stare though...
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Yeah I know, the older you get, being seen as immature by the opposite sex just gets worse : / having friends that girls think are all immature, its like a social killer

Give her things hmm... well not randomly, don't make her think you admire her or something so just be chill with it, get talking to her just casually and it'll sort itself out

What is the age gap anyway? If you are younger than her, by how much?

But as long as her opinion of thinking i'm immature is an opinion and not a micky take on me and she's laughing, which I doubt as when I talked to her at the desk, she didnt go an look at her friend and laugh, I always look back :smile: I'm trying to figure what people think you see, like a test :smile:

Erm I don't even know her name lol...I think she might be same age, she's friendly with the young and old people talking to her, and genuine smiles (I'm good at them too on bbc smile fake or not) LOL
Original post by sango
That's East Africa. In Nigeria, no one bats an eye lid. May get the odd stare though...

Ah right, I had no idea about locales to be honest I just remember a few news articles about some small villages where kids with albinism were wanted for their body parts for those traditional mystic medicine things.
Not gonna lie, I hate people who use that vacouos phrase
Reply 29
Original post by sango

Yeah I know, you're right.

My cousin in Nigeria even got forced to change from being left handed - right, totally destroyed a beautiful hand writing he had (he said).

And youngest brother (5) is the first left handed in my immediate family, mum wasn't too pleased at first, but she's slowly becoming modernised.

I'm trying to be both handed myself :colonhash: increase my chances of world domination.
Original post by Flyingaround
Yeah! Definitly, I was having a think while peering over lol, should I get her something instead of yabbing, and I thought maybe give her jelly babies and say "Look left handed jelly babies" hehe, but I thought that might look like I'm taking the p*ss even though it's just as a joke :smile:
I wanna be serious and nice :smile:

Don't do that, you'll come off much too keen, to the point of weirding her out. Just be cool, don't force yourself onto her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending