The Student Room Group

What's your BMI?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by a_t
This, mine is 26 with 15% body fat, BMI is completely irrelevant, body fat is what matters

Yeah, I would've done a poll about body fat percentage but it would have required everyone getting out their tape measures or going for a caliper test, so for the sake of TSR it's bmi
21 point something when I checked the other day. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was healthy. I'm borderline weightless. Though, I'm small so that works I guess.
Reply 22
24.42... only about 14% body fat though
Reply 23
18 apparently. Being 6,4 helps.
Original post by m90
What's your age and height if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 18 and 6ft2inch. I'm skinny, I don't look very skinny though, and I never seem to put on weight.
Reply 26
Anyone know how to calculate body fat?

Original post by m90
Why are you unhappy? Sounds like a good BMI to me

Wrong sign... supposed to be :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Sawasdee
Anyone know how to calculate body fat?

Wrong sign... supposed to be :smile:

No worries! Body fat percentage is a hard one to do, all the online calculators I've tried aren't very accurate... they basically ask you to measure certain parts of your body, and it does some weird mathematics and uses that and your weight to come up with a percentage. For a more accurate test, you can get a personal trainer to do a caliper test which measures your skinfold, basically you're pinched in different places!
Reply 28
BMI doesn't really mean much.

Reply 29
19.9 or 20.5 as I'm not really sure exactly how tall I am, probably somewhere in between 5'3" and 4".
I'm 5'11.5 with a bmi of 17.2 sometimes less, sometimes a little more. And I still want to lose more weight....I honestly think I might have problems :/
Reply 32

BMI is ridiculous though, it doesn't count for how you carry your weight. For example, I have a very slim torso and arms, but I carry all of my fat on my bottom and thighs, and could definitely do with losing weight there. But when I lose weight my face looks gaunt and my torso looks scrawny, so I can't win really!
15.2 atm
24.9 :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by m90
No worries! Body fat percentage is a hard one to do, all the online calculators I've tried aren't very accurate... they basically ask you to measure certain parts of your body, and it does some weird mathematics and uses that and your weight to come up with a percentage. For a more accurate test, you can get a personal trainer to do a caliper test which measures your skinfold, basically you're pinched in different places!

oh yh I did something like that in GCSEs (seems like ages ago lol).
Urhm... this must be wrong.. it's saying my BMI is 27.3. It's more likely to be 17.3... I'm 5ft2 and just under 7 stone...
Reply 38
21.97, so I'm quite healthy, but it doesn't seem to show because everyone thinks im anorexic
20.8 and I'm 5ft 7

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending