The Student Room Group

Birmingham Mathmateical Economics & Statistics

Applied for straight Economics at Birmingham, but I'm more inclined to do the MES course. Therefore, I e-mailed the admissions tutor who said I would not meet the entry requirements for MES.

As far as I was aware the MES entry requirements were AAB (A in maths) which I meet.

Can anyone confirm this? and advise me about what to do next?
Yea if the admission tutor said you didn't meet the requirements then I probably wouldn't apply.
Reply 2
I've already applied for straight economics, and e-mailed her about changing course. She then told me I would not meet the entry requirements (AAB A in maths), but as far as I am aware I meet those comfortably predicted (A*AA). I want to know why I don't meet the entry requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by joeh37
I've already applied for straight economics, and e-mailed her about changing course. She then told me I would not meet the entry requirements (AAB A in maths), but as far as I am aware I meet those comfortably predicted (A*AA). I want to know why I don't meet the entry requirements.

Then e-mail her exactly this?
Reply 4
This isn't good aha, I am only predicted AAA and have applied for straight economics at birmingham maybee they require higher predicted grades now?
Reply 5
Original post by Wezzler
This isn't good aha, I am only predicted AAA and have applied for straight economics at birmingham maybee they require higher predicted grades now?

yeah i think they might have gone from AAB to A*A*A*A*A* in one year, your right.
Reply 6
Original post by pow!
yeah i think they might have gone from AAB to A*A*A*A*A* in one year, your right.

jokes, well maybee they want one A* prediction, after all, the only people with offers so far or most of them have at least one A* prediction but then they are applying oxbridge and unlikely to go to bham.
Reply 7
Original post by Wezzler
jokes, well maybee they want one A* prediction, after all, the only people with offers so far or most of them have at least one A* prediction but then they are applying oxbridge and unlikely to go to bham.

their offer is AAB and it's on their website, stop making moronic suggestions.
Reply 8
I emailed her about a week ago, and haven't had a response, I want to know why, but don't want to appear pushy...
Reply 9
Original post by joeh37
Applied for straight Economics at Birmingham, but I'm more inclined to do the MES course. Therefore, I e-mailed the admissions tutor who said I would not meet the entry requirements for MES.

As far as I was aware the MES entry requirements were AAB (A in maths) which I meet.

Can anyone confirm this? and advise me about what to do next?

It may not be your A-Levels; it could be your GCSEs.
Reply 10
6A* 5A 1B ( including A* maths and english)
The website, prospectus or her explanation gives no indication of GCSE results, and even so I would hope mine are more than adequate.
i would email again if i were you, i am currently on this course as a first year and my predictions for A2 were lower than yours and my Gcse's were lower...

Quick Reply