The Student Room Group

How many hours..

Poll

How many hours of revision do you do per A level subject

Do you spend on revision per A level subject ALL TOGETHER

By revision i mean past papers, writing notes and learning.. or whatever you do

i used to do like a maximum of about 5 hours per subject but this year i need to step it up a bit probably so wanted to see how many the people of TSR do.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone else?
who would ever want to do more than 41 hours :O
Reply 3
Original post by Chantelle0ox
who would ever want to do more than 41 hours :O

mentalist's
Reply 4
When I did A Levels I didn't spread my time equally across my subjects, for example Photography had no written exams so no revision, General Studies I just didn't revise for, but for English Lit I did about 15 hours and Law a bit more because I was rubbish at remembering case studies.
Reply 5
Original post by JKGB
When I did A Levels I didn't spread my time equally across my subjects, for example Photography had no written exams so no revision, General Studies I just didn't revise for, but for English Lit I did about 15 hours and Law a bit more because I was rubbish at remembering case studies.

ah okay thanks :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Kiirk
Is this per month? I picked the 0-10 one. I think I do about 3-4 hours when exam periods kick in. Right now I'm doing about an hour a subject per week.

Surely this should have 0-5 as well?

its just like per exam all together
Reply 7
Original post by Kiirk
I'd be in the 20-30 band then.

I remember when I was doing my AS exams, I told my cousin who was doing GCSE's that I was doing an hour a day for a month.

Apparently she thought I was doing an hour PER subject :frown: She was doing about 6 hours a day for three months before her exams.

Needless to say she got 7 A*'s I didn't...

:eek:
How did she manage to get time for that!
i go to sixth from 5 days a week and work 3 days a week on top of that.

a girl at my school got the best GCSE's in england or something and she was literally locked in her room for MONTHS
Reply 8
Original post by Kiirk
I don't know!

She done Duke of Edinburgh Silver - and also Ten Tours (I think). Now doing Gold award.

She also worked about 8 hours a week too. Whilst also a member of a local drama performance group, which meets every week.

It's ridiculous, I could but I'm too lazy :headfire:

ha sammmeeee!
Reply 9
i'm surprised that most people only do 0-10 :O
I put 41+, because during my A Levels, I did 2hrs per subject per week pure revision at the weekends (which was 8 hours altogether; 4 hours on Sat, 4 hours on Sun.. not much really) which must have added up to a lot over the year. Plus towards exams I did 2-4 hours per night of revision, so I probably did an awful lot altogether D:
Reply 11
Original post by Gemma :)!
I put 41+, because during my A Levels, I did 2hrs per subject per week pure revision at the weekends (which was 8 hours altogether; 4 hours on Sat, 4 hours on Sun.. not much really) which must have added up to a lot over the year. Plus towards exams I did 2-4 hours per night of revision, so I probably did an awful lot altogether D:

ah that seems fair
if you dont mind me asking what grades did you get? :smile:
Original post by Bubbles0ox
ah that seems fair
if you dont mind me asking what grades did you get? :smile:

AAAB.
Reply 13
AAAB.

WOW
well done :biggrin:
WOW
well done :biggrin:

Cheers.
2 of the As were really scraped, though. I'm one of those people who has to work really hard to get good grades.
Reply 15
Over Christmas hols I've got 5 hours a day planned except for about 4 days (including Christmas day)
Reply 16
Original post by hamijack
Over Christmas hols I've got 5 hours a day planned except for about 4 days (including Christmas day)

ah right and how many subjects is that for?
Reply 17
Cheers.
2 of the As were really scraped, though. I'm one of those people who has to work really hard to get good grades.

Same i think, except ive never worked hard till this year :colondollar:
so hopefully ill do well if i put the effort in :smile:
Reply 18
ah right and how many subjects is that for?

Three, Philosophy, Biology and Psychology.
Reply 19
Original post by hamijack
Three, Philosophy, Biology and Psychology.

oh okay thanks :smile:

Quick Reply