The Student Room Group

Guess these people's ethnicities

I have to write a research paper for English. My thesis is that Americans are more easily able to identify a stranger's ethnic culture just by looking at the person. I need to prove it or disprove it though, so here are five pictures of people. I did this same thing with some americans and I am going to compare the data. PLEASE DON' T JUST BULL**** ME!!! thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The first girl looks South Indian/Bangladeshi..No clue about the rest of them though..
Reply 2
Original post by Allie-23
I have to write a research paper for English. My thesis is that Americans are more easily able to identify a stranger's ethnic culture just by looking at the person. I need to prove it or disprove it though, so here are five pictures of people. I did this same thing with some americans and I am going to compare the data. PLEASE DON' T JUST BULL**** ME!!! thanks.

the third pic is two people of the same ethnicity.
the second one is tricky. She is 50% one ethnicity and 50% another. The people i will post in the pic below are sisters and are also 50/50.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
by guessing

1 Indian/Sri Lankan
2 Central European:s-smilie:
2 Turkish:s-smilie:
2 East European:s-smilie:
:s-smilie:
Reply 4
First looks south asian and the fourth looks weird
Reply 5
Why do they need to approve the posts?
Reply 6
Foreign?
On a serious note, I have no idea...
>.<
Reply 7
Original post by phill232
by guessing

1 Indian/Sri Lankan
2 Central European:s-smilie:
2 Turkish:s-smilie:
2 East European:s-smilie:
:s-smilie:

Are all those three guesses for the second picture?
Reply 8
i'll give the answers once I have enough data
1) Indian or Sri Lankan
2) Eastern European
3)Mediteranian or from the middle east
4) European idk where though
5) Singapore or something?
Reply 10
Original post by asdfg0987
Why do they need to approve the posts?

it's really annoying me . . .
it's really annoying me . . .

It helps us to catch spam and to vet what gets posted here. The Media and Research Opportunities forum could otherwise be quite easily misused. :smile:
1)indian/sri lankan
2)polish and russian/ukrainian
3)french
4)english
5)taiwanese and filipino

meh, i'm not good at this.
Reply 13
I reposted under "International affairs" so that it wouldn't have to be moderated

I reposted under &quot;International affairs&quot; so that it wouldn't have to be moderated

Please don't do this :no:
Reply 15
Original post by Illusionary
Please don't do this :no:

y not? haha

y not? haha

We don't want duplicate threads on the forum, and this forum (Media and Research Ops) is where the thread belongs. International Affairs is a place for more 'serious'/in-depth debate and discussion.
2nd girl is hot.
Reply 18
Original post by Illusionary
We don't want duplicate threads on the forum, and this forum (Media and Research Ops) is where the thread belongs. International Affairs is a place for more 'serious'/in-depth debate and discussion.

blehh
Reply 19
1) Indian / Sri-Lankan
2) Swedish / Norway / Denmark
3) Not sure :s-smilie: American?
4) Spanish and ?

As you can see I'm not very good :tongue: Out of interest why do you think Americans are able to spot diff races better? Because they're less xenophobic? More central geographically so have a more diverse culture? Sounds interesting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending