The Student Room Group

Is it true that....

Is it true that universities that have closed for the holidays will not be looking at any UCAS applications?! So I will not receive anything from any uni's until they re-open??!
Original post by Crazee'
Is it true that universities that have closed for the holidays will not be looking at any UCAS applications?! So I will not receive anything from any uni's until they re-open??!

Well if you haven't realised at this moment that it is less than a week to Christmas...:tongue:
Staff definitely won't be in over xmas and new year, they'll all be back in around 10th jan though :smile:
Original post by Boreism

Original post by Boreism
Well if you haven't realised at this moment that it is less than a week to Christmas...:tongue:

Its 10 days, more than a week...

And OP you can't expect them to work 24/7! Just like you are unlikely to get offers at weekends if the application office is shut at weekend. I know it kills waiting (trust me, I heard back from one uni on 31st of March), but you just have to deal with it. Get in the Christmas spirit and put it out of your mind.

EDIT: Some unis do give out offers over this time though, so don't stop checking
(edited 13 years ago)
I sent my application off today, so though I am hoping that they may be able to look at it from tomorrow til about next Thursday, I know it's unlikely :frown:
yeah its probably true.
Original post by Boreism

What world do you live in where a week is more than ten days? :lolwut:
Reply 7
hmm possibley.. but i was thinking they may take some home to look at over the holidays? not sure but i would check anyway :smile:!
Reply 8
I got an offer and an interview notice today, it's not over yet!
Original post by stargirll

Original post by stargirll
hmm possibley.. but i was thinking they may take some home to look at over the holidays? not sure but i would check anyway :smile:!

Would you use your holiday from work to do work? :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by wheelyjoe
I got an offer and an interview notice today, it's not over yet!

aw thats great! Congrats :-)
Reply 11
Original post by Crazee'

Tbh some unis don't make offers till March, and Christmas holidays aren't that long, I'm sure you'll survive till then :wink: Although I do understand that an offer as a Christmas present would be nice...
Original post by Lusine

Original post by Lusine
Tbh some unis don't make offers till March, and Christmas holidays aren't that long, I'm sure you'll survive till then :wink: Although I do understand that an offer as a Christmas present would be nice...

My brother got a rejection on Christmas Eve...kinda makes you wish that some unis DIDN'T give out offers/rejections over the holidays...
Reply 13
Original post by Crazee'

Last year, I got my Imperial College offer on the 26th of Dec :biggrin:

So you never know, the game is always on :wink:
Well, I've decided not to check anyway over Christmas, just in case I get a rejection and makes me all down :'( So yeah, maybe look at it that way, if it's bad you would rather not know over Christmas! Plus, it could then make you feel less motivated to revise for Jan!
Reply 15
Original post by Crazee'
aw thats great! Congrats :-)

Thanks!"

It's been a good day!
Reply 16
Original post by StudyHard_LiveBetter
I sent my application off today, so though I am hoping that they may be able to look at it from tomorrow til about next Thursday, I know it's unlikely :frown:

Same boat my friend :smile: Here's hoping
Original post by TheSownRose
What world do you live in where a week is more than ten days? :lolwut:

Well I was meant to say that but my mind is all over the place, leave me alone! :eviltongue:
Original post by burial
Same boat my friend :smile: Here's hoping

well, nearly 24 hours later and still not processed! It's not looking good is it? :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by studyhard_livebetter
well, nearly 24 hours later and still not processed! It's not looking good is it? :rolleyes: :d

edinburgh has received my application!!! :d there is still hope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending