The Student Room Group

Why do so many people take MDMA?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by allieee
i hope this is a joke.
my older brother has taken heroin for at least the last ten years, been in prison, rehab, his life is ruined as it that of his family, his daughter, it's not a drug to mess around with because once your on it it's extremely hard (almost impossible) to get off of, it ruins your life and your friends and families.

Of course it was a joke, and before you say I shouldn't joke about it, sorry about your brother, but I don't think humour should be censored, and before you say it isn't funny, humour is subjective.
Original post by ArcaneAnna

Well...actually. In uni the research labs have been doing a bit of work on pills lately...and the current results show that actually, if you stop use your brain reverts back to completely normal function within a space of a few months - year. And after talking to the phd students carrying out the work - they said that there are quite a few, new emerging experiments with the same results.

Also the constant use - you do get acclimatised to them, but I wouldn't agree that it's to the extent you say. We've been taking them for the past 3 years or even more, pretty regularly [the last few months - every weekend]...and they still work well for us.

Thats all really good to know that research is continuing and improving our knowledge and awareness.

My experience is first hand though, of my peers and myself taking pills and MDMA for a number of years (averaging around 5), taking roughly 5-8 pills/week, and all agree there has been some effect that they are still aware of....10 years later. Whether this is out of the ordinary or contrary to some research, its real and factual.

Dont delude yourself you arent doing any damage - think about how mashed up your head can feel sometimes and the kind of sh*t that goes through it...how sometimes your skin feels weird and you get blotches on it....you cant tell me this is not having some effect on your physiology short and long term.

The other point made earlier is that if you are taking pills, generally you are taking other stuff as well - practically everyone that takes pills smokes weed, many moved on to ket, GHB, and in many cases will do coke when they've got the money so all of it adds up and knowing what has what effect gets a bit cloudy as well!

At the end of the day, its all good if you're sensible and seek advise if your not sure. I certainly dont regret anything i've ever done in my life....even though im on the dole now...ONLY JOKING! :smile:
Original post by profoflife
Thats all really good to know that research is continuing and improving our knowledge and awareness.

My experience is first hand though, of my peers and myself taking pills and MDMA for a number of years (averaging around 5), taking roughly 5-8 pills/week, and all agree there has been some effect that they are still aware of....10 years later. Whether this is out of the ordinary or contrary to some research, its real and factual.

Dont delude yourself you arent doing any damage - think about how mashed up your head can feel sometimes and the kind of sh*t that goes through it...how sometimes your skin feels weird and you get blotches on it....you cant tell me this is not having some effect on your physiology short and long term.

The other point made earlier is that if you are taking pills, generally you are taking other stuff as well - practically everyone that takes pills smokes weed, many moved on to ket, GHB, and in many cases will do coke when they've got the money so all of it adds up and knowing what has what effect gets a bit cloudy as well!

At the end of the day, its all good if you're sensible and seek advise if your not sure. I certainly dont regret anything i've ever done in my life....even though im on the dole now...ONLY JOKING! :smile:

Hmmm 5-8 pills a week unfortunately means nothing, could of been any chemical and any dose.

It's true though, while the neurotoxicity of mdma is widely debated, doing to much is likely to result in damage.

I would say once a month is max (half a g max in that one time as well) but to play it safe, 2-3 times a year i would say.

Most the dangers of drugs are over exaggerated, but this doesn't mean they are safe. It's up to the individual to make the choice, as long as it's based on facts, they can make a choice whether the benefits are worth the risks.

I do agree that there is damange, you can tell first hand if you've been at it for a while. And I also agree that if you're taking one drug, you're likely to be taking others - and all that adds up.

But it really isn't as bad as the press and some people make it out to be.

Of course there are dangers no matter what you do, even eating and walking can be so.

On average I'd say I go through 5 pills a week + ket and possibly other substances. Hence I'm sure my body is suffering to a certain degree - especially since the majority of illegaly sold drugs are not pure, hence god knows what else I'm taking along with it.

But I do think that if you use on a irregular basis. So maybe a few times a year - there's hardly any damage that you can cause yourself.

Maybe it's time for me to cut down, although I'm not bored of it...yet.
Reply 184
ahh mdma so good, im trying to get some in new years for london but having trouble finding it :frown:
Reply 185
I have never felt a desire to take this, or any other drug, at any stage of my life - clubbing or otherwise.

Frankly, I find it unbelievable the amount of people on this forum who openly admit they have taken it and then go on to depict their experience as 'awesome' or the 'best of my life.'

In my humble opinion, I regard you all as a bunch of druggies. Go ahead and try and disprove me with your baffle on how the drug works.

As an aside, Profesh my estimations of you have decreased substantially after reading your posts.
Reply 186
Original post by PhilMc
As an aside, Profesh my estimations of you have decreased substantially after reading your posts.

Since my posts were entirely cogent and reasonable, that probably means you're an idiot.
Original post by PhilMc
I have never felt a desire to take this, or any other drug, at any stage of my life - clubbing or otherwise.

Frankly, I find it unbelievable the amount of people on this forum who openly admit they have taken it and then go on to depict their experience as 'awesome' or the 'best of my life.'

In my humble opinion, I regard you all as a bunch of druggies. Go ahead and try and disprove me with your baffle on how the drug works.

You sound like a virgin saying ' I hate sex, it's jukky and nasty and painfully unpleasant'.

Don't diss it, till you've tried it.

And only because we're recreational users doesn't make us druggies.
That's like saying if a person has a glass or two of wine at the weekend is an alcoholic. Theres dependency and then theres just enjoyment.
Original post by mobo250
ahh mdma so good, im trying to get some in new years for london but having trouble finding it :frown:

Trouble finding it in london?!?! You for real?
It's plentyful down there like...
Original post by mobo250

No way, you can get anything and everything here...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 190
Argh... my boyfriend took it at a party once... then stupidly tried getting to sleep whilst he was probably at the peak of its effects. He was so jittery, he kept grinding his teeth, his heartbeat was crazily fast, he kept telling me stories about his childhood and getting really sentimental about it and towards me... so that kept me up the whole night... the only upside was it gave him super energy which...erm... made sex, amazing.
Original post by Spetznaaz

Original post by Spetznaaz
Hmmm 5-8 pills a week unfortunately means nothing, could of been any chemical and any dose.

It's true though, while the neurotoxicity of mdma is widely debated, doing to much is likely to result in damage.

I would say once a month is max (half a g max in that one time as well) but to play it safe, 2-3 times a year i would say.

Most the dangers of drugs are over exaggerated, but this doesn't mean they are safe. It's up to the individual to make the choice, as long as it's based on facts, they can make a choice whether the benefits are worth the risks.

Agreed, there was always differences in what you were taking...but overall, when i was doing pills, if you double-dropped, you would be f***ed for a very long time!

Someone said earlier that the pills they had were so crap they tripple-dropped....they must have been asprin because 10-15 years ago you would be on the floor convulsing if you did that.

But I do think that if you use on a irregular basis. So maybe a few times a year - there's hardly any damage that you can cause yourself.

Maybe it's time for me to cut down, although I'm not bored of it...yet.

Totally agree. Irregular use of anything is near on harmless. Once you get in to the habit it can be very difficult to shake.

I had bitter-sweet luck which got me off pills and haluconagins - i smashed my head open quite badly and was strongly advised by the medical profession to avoid them. So i stopped taking pills...i still smoked lots of weed, and had coke occassionally though. No issues.

However, when ever i went out, it felt so strange being in club and not buzzing, i was not used to it and the experience just isnt the same...plus i would get like recalled memories and i would catch myself grinding my teeth and my eyes rolling in the head and all sorts.....you get used to it eventually though....but of course its never the same :smile:
Original post by PhilMc

Original post by PhilMc

You ignorant tw*t. You have absolutly no right to judge people on a matter that you have no experience or understanding of.

If you dont agree fine...thats up to you....but dont judge others on it...and calling people druggies???? Wake up....over 50% of people 16-21 have tried something in their life....its called LIVING! So everyone is a druggie in your eyes!
Reply 194
over 50% ? you mean caffeine?
it's actually over 50% of 15-19 year olds have tried any illigeal substance in the UK.
Cheaper, safer (if pure) and better than alcohol, also they're all probably rahs. I've barely found anyone who does drugs of any sort at uni, myself.
Original post by Arekkusu

Original post by Arekkusu
Cheaper, safer (if pure) and better than alcohol, also they're all probably rahs. I've barely found anyone who does drugs of any sort at uni, myself.

Go to a club that is about music and not about drinking and you'll find at least 70% of their faces.
Reply 198
You sound like a virgin saying ' I hate sex, it's jukky and nasty and painfully unpleasant'.

Don't diss it, till you've tried it.

And only because we're recreational users doesn't make us druggies.
That's like saying if a person has a glass or two of wine at the weekend is an alcoholic. Theres dependency and then theres just enjoyment.

I am no virgin, love.

Your analogy leaves a lot to be desired. Sex is perfectly legal and natural

As for 'Don't diss it, till you've tried it' - Don't worry I lead a perfectly happy life and don't need any drugs to attempt to make a ****ty life seem okay for a while.
Reply 199
You ignorant tw*t. You have absolutly no right to judge people on a matter that you have no experience or understanding of.

Actually, I do.

Wake up....over 50% of people 16-21 have tried something in their life!

Meaningless statistics with no source.

...its called LIVING! So everyone is a druggie in your eyes!

Yes, I'm sure that's what they call it. What's baffling is that you quote your 'over 50%' statistic and then conclude that I therefore think that 'everyone' is a druggie. What school did you go to where they taught you that 50% is everyone?

Maybe it's the drugs messing with your head, son. Who's the ignorant **** now?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending