The Student Room Group

How long should you leave it, after no reponse, before following your app up to them?

Title's probably a bit unclear. it's been about a month since i sent my UCAS off now, and have had acknowledgements from all unis but leeds. I know some of you will probably say 'not all departments send acknowledgements' but i know for a fact that other applicants of the same course have received acknowledgements.
I'm predicted AAA and got that at AS, and the entry requirements were AAA-ABB, and have offers from 3 other unis so far too. my application wasn't exactly weak. Wondering whether i should write to the department enquiring about the status of my application? or would this just annoy them?

Scroll to see replies

Give them over Christmas, so early January, then maybe phone just to make sure they have received it. As you say, if a uni/department never sends acknowledgements it's not a worry ... but if they have to others, you might just want to make sure your application hasn't been lost in cyber-space. :p:
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
Give them over Christmas, so early January, then maybe phone just to make sure they have received it. As you say, if a uni/department never sends acknowledgements it's not a worry ... but if they have to others, you might just want to make sure your application hasn't been lost in cyber-space. :p:

How come your always posting on these university threads?

And op^^ that is some sound advice I'd say.:rolleyes:
Original post by Converse

And op^^ that is some sound advice I'd say.:rolleyes:

Because I'm around, have the time and, sometimes, I like to think I can give good advice. :wink:

Maybe she just likes being helpful. Fortunately the advice she gives is consistently good. :smile:

Don't really have anything to add to it, to be honest.
Because I'm around, have the time and, sometimes, I like to think I can give good advice. :wink:

Well said! :biggrin:
Reply 6

Just hope your around when I need help with my late application:tongue:

Original post by Potally_Tissed
Maybe she just likes being helpful. Fortunately the advice she gives is consistently good. :smile:

I wasn't scrutinising her, if that's what you think.:biggrin: Infact, she seems to be more helpful then most of the TSR helpers to be honest.

P.S That wasn't a sly dig.
Original post by Potally_Tissed

Don't really have anything to add to it, to be honest.

Thank you. :smile:

Original post by StudyHard_LiveBetter
Well said! :biggrin:

Thanks. :smile:

Just hope your around when I need help with my late application:tongue:

I wasn't scrutinising her, if that's what you think.:biggrin: Infact, she seems to be more helpful then most of the TSR helpers to be honest.

P.S That wasn't a sly dig.

How late are we projecting here? :wink:

And again, thanks ... although I now feel very embarrassed, lots of people on TSR are good for advice. :colondollar:
Reply 8

How late are we projecting here? :wink:

Christmas/new year.:smile:
Reply 9
I got an offer from Teesside about 8 hours after I sent my UCAS off.

The problem was, it means waiting for other universities feels like I'm slowly drilling out my eyes now.

And I don't want to go to Teesside :frown:
Christmas/new year.:smile:

Oh, that's not so bad - people have done applications in very short times. I know someone who went from "No, don't want to go to uni" to, on October 15th, "I think I'll apply to Cambridge." :facepalm:
Original post by Xhotas

The problem was, it means waiting for other universities feels like I'm slowly drilling out my eyes now.

Who are you waiting on?

And off topic: You're in Peterborough? I was just up there today (well, yesterday now ... but only just)!
Reply 12
Oh, that's not so bad - people have done applications in very short times. I know someone who went from "No, don't want to go to uni" to, on October 15th, "I think I'll apply to Cambridge." :facepalm:

Oh no, I've always known I wanted to go, just left it to the last minute:s-smilie:
I'm "Anonymous-" by the way.
Anyway, I shall stop hijacking this thread and go to bed. Peace.
Reply 13
TheSownRose
Who are you waiting on?

And off topic: You're in Peterborough? I was just up there today (well, yesterday now ... but only just)

Waiting for Essex, Hull, Leicester and Kent so far, got an acknowledgement from all but Essex. Applying for BA History :smile:

And yes I do haha. Were you looking at part of Anglia Ruskin then I take it? Or just visiting friends or family? I hardly imagine someone would come up here for the nightlife :wink: It's awful!
Original post by Xhotas
Christ that was fast. :s-smilie:

Motto of the story - Only apply to places you would go to. I would regard applying to all highs 'in relative' ability to you grades if you liked them for example. And if you got rejected then its not the end of the world. You work at your A levels. You do superbly in them. You get your grade. You reapply. You get in. Hurrah :h:
Reply 15
Original post by Stricof
Christ that was fast. :s-smilie:

Motto of the story - Only apply to places you would go to. I would regard applying to all highs 'in relative' ability to you grades if you liked them for example. And if you got rejected then its not the end of the world. You work at your A levels. You do superbly in them. You get your grade. You reapply. You get in. Hurrah :h:

I only applied since I was being picky about the modules available haha, Teesside had a few I wouldn't mind doing if worse comes to worse, especially considering they're only asking for 260 UCAS points and a B in History from 4 A Levels, so that's hardly going to be hard :P I could bunk my A Levels and still get into University :rolleyes:
Original post by Xhotas
Waiting for Essex, Hull, Leicester and Kent so far, got an acknowledgement from all but Essex. Applying for BA History :smile:

And yes I do haha. Were you looking at part of Anglia Ruskin then I take it? Or just visiting friends or family? I hardly imagine someone would come up here for the nightlife :wink: It's awful!

Ah well, good luck. :smile:

And no, I was Christmas shopping (although I do also have family there) - already go to ARU, but in Cambridge and after twelve weeks of going there every day, I got bored of it. So, decided to go to Peterborough for a change of scenery.

Am I sensing unhappiness with Peterborough..?
Xhotas
I could bunk my A Levels and still get into University :rolleyes:
Don't jinx yourself. :tongue:
A history applicant, eh? :yy:
Reply 18
Original post by Stricof
Don't jinx yourself. :tongue:
A history applicant, eh? :yy:

Well I only need a B and 160 UCAS points from 3 other A Levels! :P it's pretty tempting :wink:

And indeed :smile: Having a quick stalk of your profile I see your a history student yourself :wink:
Reply 19
TheSwonRose
Ah well, good luck.

And no, I was Christmas shopping (although I do also have family there) - already go to ARU, but in Cambridge and after twelve weeks of going there every day, I got bored of it. So, decided to go to Peterborough for a change of scenery.

Am I sensing unhappiness with Peterborough..?

Ah I see (: What you studying there?

And it's alright but there isn't a lot to do really. I only turned 18 mid-November and I'm already bored haha. A good few pubs around but the clubs are awful.

Can't complain about student nights at Edwards though, 4 beers £5 and Jagerbombs £2.10 :wink: I think :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending