The Student Room Group

I'm gonna miss him over the holidays :-(

ANON/DELETE-Related to another thread

WARNING: LOONNNGGG POST! (Sorry!)

Basically, there's this guy I had my eye on since the beginning of the course. After a month or so after that I noticed him staring at me in a lecture. So I stared back (as you do) but he wasn't looking away and neither was I. We only see eachother once a week in two lectures.

During the break after the first lecture of the day, I seen him when I came out of the lift and he seen me and was still staring. I didn't understand why this was, or if it was just my imagination, because I liked him from the beginning and never thought he would like me too!

Anyways, in the second lecture, I caught him looking around then he seen me and was staring again! So I came to the conclusion, that he likes me, what do you think?! And if he did wouldn't he do something about it? I'm a really shy girl and have never had a boyfriend before but have had a few crushes. I took a bold step once and asked this guy out and got rejected. I do not want to make the same mistake again!

I was ill for a few weeks and didn't go to the lectures. So this week, seeing as though its the last week, I decided to take the initiative and try to sit closer to him and strike up a conversation. This failed miserably because he only attended one of the two lectures and I only thought of doing this after the first lecture had ended because he seemed to rush out when normally he is the last one to leave! Now i'm not going to see him until the New Year!

Anyways, I need your help! What do you think I should do? Does he like me or does he have a really bad staring problem? Why doesn't HE do anything?
Rejection happens, man up and quit waiting for someone else to do the work for you.
Reply 2
Hun, relationships take time to do something about. Have you ever tried talking to someone who looked at you in a public place? If you're from one of the biggest cities, you find that often you don't get a great reaction.
Like on the tube for example: Someone looked at me, and I looked back for a bit. Then I said hi. People usually don't know how to react.

In school or university it's different because you both know people there. And he probably as cautious about being rejected as you are. Plus, he's also not going to want to put himself out to talk to you and then find out you don't have a lot in common.

So accept that something may or may not happen. My advice to shy girls - if you're looking at him a lot, this a strong sign. Outgoing blokes will do something about that. But you have to allow him the chance to find the right opportunity.
Blame only yourself you never approach him. Why should only guys do all the work?:rolleyes:
How about you don't do anything about it, leave it too long and then let another girl get all over him?
Original post by Anonymous
Why doesn't HE do anything?

Why dont YOU do something? Why should he come to you? Youve got a mouth use it and ask him out.
Reply 6
Hey OP, thAT GUY WON;'T EVEN BE THINKING ABOUT YOU OVER cHROSTMAS.
Original post by RELAXED
Hun, relationships take time to do something about. Have you ever tried talking to someone who looked at you in a public place? If you're from one of the biggest cities, you find that often you don't get a great reaction.
Like on the tube for example: Someone looked at me, and I looked back for a bit. Then I said hi. People usually don't know how to react.

Have to say, that depends entirely on the city you live in. In London, yes, people seem to avoid eye contact with strangers at all costs, let alone speak to them. However, in northern cities like Manchester, I've found myself having conversations with complete strangers all the time on buses and in town.

OP, wait til New Year and plan your attack. Sit next to him in your next lecture together, get talking, swap names/numbers etc. Simples.
Reply 8
If you are the girl in my QM lecture, I love you too. Lets marry and f*ck.

If not. Sorry.
:biggrin:
If you actually talked to him you might have known at least why he were staring at you, if you happen to see him, actually say hi next time, it's not rocket science.
Reply 10
Thanks guys and no I'm not the girl in your lecture, LOL! But I don't understand why Guys are always asking Girls out. Why can't a Guy ask me out?! If you read my post you'll see that I took the bold step and asked a guy out before. I will not be doing this again! And no I live in Leicester.
Old saying is if you don't ask you don't know, simples
Add him on FB, I think your relationship is ready to take the next step from 'pathological staring' to 'casual conversation'.

Quick Reply