The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whythehellnot
if we are going to get all emotional
If we don't get all emotional, genocide isn't wrong; there's no purely rational reason why shouldn't be painfully killed en masse. :rolleyes:
Once a person dies there body is of no use to anyone.
They are dead.
They have no emotions.
They are not concious.
They cannot feel.
They cannot think.
They cannot consent.
The only people who could be offended by this are living people.
A dead body does not have the same rights as a living person.
Therefore (as much as it sickens me) there is nothing wrong with necrophillia.
Who here wouldnt have a go on Megan Fox once she died (assuming she is still warm). Lol I joke.
Original post by History-Student
ORLY? Do tell.

Indeed.
I'd love to tell, but im afraid i haven't thought of a suitable story that seems remotely true
Reply 43
This is so appropriate to your screen name :rofl:
Reply 44
Well... it'd be pretty cold... and you'd need to bring your own lube.
Body'd be stiff (and not in the good way :wink:) if rigor mortis had set in...
All in all, better when both people are alive methinks.
Reply 45
How is it in any way moral? Can you honestly say that if you found out someone had sex with your dead mother/sister, that you wouldn't mind?
It is very similar to rape.
Reply 46
So I've been thinking, is there anything inherently wrong with necrophilia?

The facts:

1. No one gets hurt (lets assume that no one finds out about it for a while)
2. <ost people wouldn't rationally object against using a sex toy.

IF we are going to get all emotional, that's fine I suppose, but from a rational perspective is there anything morally wrong here? :colone:

what is wrong with you? seriously, what?
YOU
ARE
HAVING
INTERCOURSE
WITH
A
DEAD
BODY.
how on earth can you have the audacity to defend necrophiliacs?

The facts:

IF we are going to get all emotional, that's fine I suppose, but from a rational perspective is there anything morally wrong here? :colone:

It's immoral if you dig up someone else's relatives for your "funtime".
Reply 48
Original post by Netsky
If a bear DOES take a dump in the middle of the forest with nobody around to see it, will anyone catch him performing necrophilia?

If no one is around to see him dumping, it might be suggested that no one will catch him. That doesn't follow though, so I'm going with a definite maybe. :wink:
Reply 49
Original post by qasidb
what is wrong with you? seriously, what?
YOU
ARE
HAVING
INTERCOURSE
WITH
A
DEAD
BODY.
how on earth can you have the audacity to defend necrophiliacs?

Oh get down from your high horse and use your own brain. I can accept that necrophilia isn't to everyone's taste, its not for me either, but it doesn't follow that because it seems gross that it's immoral. It seems more likely to me that the taboo around necrophilia is the main reason people openly reject it as opposed to its blatant immorality. Homosexuality isn't to my taste either and likewise, I don't think it's immoral.

Saying that necrophilia is disrespectful is sort of begging the question (only sort of) +! disrespect doesn't imply immoral. I call the Queen by her first name, which would be disrespectful, that doesn't mean I'm braking any ethical codes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_Yw-JAnuw

David Mitchell's thoughts on necrophilia.

(p.s. is it possible to get it as a video on here, rather than linking to youtube?)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by my9rides
How is it in any way moral? Can you honestly say that if you found out someone had sex with your dead mother/sister, that you wouldn't mind?
It is very similar to rape.

Most people try to make an argument from emotions like you have here. It's a circular argument though and doesn't justify WHY people think that necrophilia is wrong. All your question does is try to point out that it's not acceptable within civilised society. I probably would mind yes. Yet it remains that no one was hurt, in fact from a utilitarian perspective, it was a moral thing to do because the pleasure out weighs the pain.

I'm not convinced it's the same as rape. No consent? sure. Consent is there to avoid emotional trauma though, since there are no emotions, I don't see how it's an issue.
Reply 52

The facts:

Ewww! Yes, it's immoral. They can't consent and, frankly, your sex toys weren't alive at one time- at least I hope they weren't.:eek:
Original post by Bella_Gail
Ewww! Yes, it's immoral. They can't consent and, frankly, your sex toys weren't alive at one time- at least I hope they weren't.:eek:

What if the person consented before they died?
Reply 54
Original post by Something_Ironic
Must you, seriously, must you ask this question?

Is necrophillia immoral?

Is genocide immoral?

I'm not seeing the connection. You're argument is basically yes it is immoral because you compare it to mass murder.

It seems that necrophilia is hurting no one and mass murder is hurting a lot of people.

Care to elaborate further?
Reply 55
Original post by Bella_Gail

This doesn't strike me as significant if I'm honest. The fact is, at the point of intercourse, it's a lifeless piece of meat. Your food might have been alive at one time, doesn't stop us from eating it. Why is using something that was once alive for food okay, but using something that was once alive but now dead for sex not okay?
Reply 56
Oh get down from your high horse and use your own brain. I can accept that necrophilia isn't to everyone's taste, its not for me either, but it doesn't follow that because it seems gross that it's immoral. It seems more likely to me that the taboo around necrophilia is the main reason people openly reject it as opposed to its blatant immorality. Homosexuality isn't to my taste either and likewise, I don't think it's immoral.

Saying that necrophilia is disrespectful is sort of begging the question (only sort of) +! disrespect doesn't imply immoral. I call the Queen by her first name, which would be disrespectful, that doesn't mean I'm braking any ethical codes.

breaking - spelt with an e.
Reply 57
Original post by qasidb
breaking - spelt with an e.

Lol, if that's your only criticism then I nailed you, yeah?
Reply 58
Original post by Mm_Minty
This is so appropriate to your screen name :rofl:

haha :wink: that is is.
Reply 59
putrid sex object is OPs favorite video on the internet..

'Just when you though you had seen everything the internet had to offer.
"The story of a lost, lonely girl, wandering through the halls of an old decrepit house. In her feverish delirium she finds ecstasy."

Latest

Trending

Trending