Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alejandro

Oh only just saw this haha! Glad you liked Kent :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:
For some silly reason TSR won't let me multiquote! I was going to say that Kent's course looks fantastic and the year abroad is a huuuuge draw for me! Today I saw we can study in Paris Sorbonne university and Venice, in addition to all the other institutions I knew about, which is just amazing! Don't know how I'll choose between university of California and Paris Sorbonne university when the time comes! Kent also looks like so much fun! The bars and entertainment looks great and they even have a special bus that will take you to the supermarket on Sunday! :awesome:
I love Canterbury! It's such a beautiful and quaint little town.
I still love UEA's atmosphere more but I won't complain when they reject me because Kent seems so great!
I'll stop gushing now!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by RosieRose
Just applied for parkwood flats :awesome: Woo...

:five: Yay! Me too! :teehee:

I couldn't even be bothered to go on the parkwood tour yesterday! I just thought, I've already applied for it, I'm sure it's not inhabitable and it's cheap!
Original post by diamonddust
For some silly reason TSR won't let me multiquote! I was going to say that Kent's course looks fantastic and the year abroad is a huuuuge draw for me! Today I saw we can study in Paris Sorbonne university and Venice, in addition to all the other institutions I knew about, which is just amazing! Don't know how I'll choose between university of California and Paris Sorbonne university when the time comes! Kent also looks like so much fun! The bars and entertainment looks great and they even have a special bus that will take you to the supermarket on Sunday! :awesome:
I still love UEA's atmosphere more but I won't complain when they reject me because Kent seems so great!
I'll stop gushing now!

Haha awwh well I'm really glad ya liked it :biggrin:
The year abroad is a huuuuge draw for me too, actually!
So glad I did apply for it in the end.
And ohhh I really liked the look of Paris & Venice, however I think when the time comes I will just go to America because well.. it's America haha :cool:
(Love the university of California too btw!)
I agree though, UEA's atmosphere is amazing, but as I'm quite sure I won't be going there any longer, I'm just quite happy I do love Kent :smile:!
Let me know if you do end up going Kent!!!!!!!! :smile:
Reply 303
I will be applying for digital arts :smile:
Haha awwh well I'm really glad ya liked it :biggrin:
The year abroad is a huuuuge draw for me too, actually!
So glad I did apply for it in the end.
And ohhh I really liked the look of Paris & Venice, however I think when the time comes I will just go to America because well.. it's America haha :cool:
(Love the university of California too btw!)
I agree though, UEA's atmosphere is amazing, but as I'm quite sure I won't be going there any longer, I'm just quite happy I do love Kent :smile:!
Let me know if you do end up going Kent!!!!!!!! :smile:

Bits in bold... Haha, you're actually me!
I'll send you a 'OMG I got rejected from UEA, I don't care if Lancaster want higher grades, I'm putting Kent as my firm!' PM! :biggrin:
I feel like emailing UEA and telling them to hurry the hell up (politely!). They're going to reject me so I'd rather they just put me out of my misery! I read my portfolio again and I now think it's total ****! Yay retrospect! :rolleyes::tongue:
Bits in bold... Haha, you're actually me!
I'll send you a 'OMG I got rejected from UEA, I don't care if Lancaster want higher grades, I'm putting Kent as my firm!' PM! :biggrin:
I feel like emailing UEA and telling them to hurry the hell up (politely!). They're going to reject me so I'd rather they just put me out of my misery! I read my portfolio again and I now think it's total ****! Yay retrospect! :rolleyes::tongue:

Ooooh I only just noticed you applied to Lancaster too?!
So did I!
Have you visited it? I only applied there because I heard it's a good university, aaand I really liked the sound of the course! Oh and the fact they accepted general studies so I thought I'd just throw it into the mix and see what happens.
However I've never visited it haha :l so I have no idea what it's like...
Anyway sorry I'm kinda going way off topic in this Kent thread LOL! I guess I'll pm you if anyone gets angry at us! :colondollar:
Ooooh I only just noticed you applied to Lancaster too?!
So did I!
Have you visited it? I only applied there because I heard it's a good university, aaand I really liked the sound of the course! Oh and the fact they accepted general studies so I thought I'd just throw it into the mix and see what happens.
However I've never visited it haha :l so I have no idea what it's like...
Anyway sorry I'm kinda going way off topic in this Kent thread LOL! I guess I'll pm you if anyone gets angry at us! :colondollar:

Shh... maybe no one will notice we're dreadfully off topic! :biggrin:
I haven't visited Lancs either, the train tickets from London --> Lancaster are disgusting! :tongue: But yeah, the course looks great! Though I wished I'd applied for & Practice now. The major/minor thing is pretty special and I like the college system as well. :biggrin:
I'll stop gushing now!

Just to throw this out there... Come to Kent, it's lovely. I'm having the best time here. You'll have an amazing time. The nightlife can't compare to somewhere like London, but I'm still enjoying every night out - either at a bar or a club or whatever. And there are so many bars and all of them have different events on too in the week, like comedy events and karaoke and things so it's difficult to get bored!

Just about the Asda bus, it is quicker to walk but it's the furthest supermarket as well, so you might be better off going to another supermarket rather than that one - although the cheap bus fare is a plus.

I changed my course from the English and American one last March but still do a lot of similar modules, and four of my flatmates are doing it anyway, and all enjoying it.

If you have any questions about life at Kent, studying at Kent or anything else, just let me know :smile:
Original post by beffnee
Just to throw this out there... Come to Kent, it's lovely. I'm having the best time here. You'll have an amazing time. The nightlife can't compare to somewhere like London, but I'm still enjoying every night out - either at a bar or a club or whatever. And there are so many bars and all of them have different events on too in the week, like comedy events and karaoke and things so it's difficult to get bored!

Just about the Asda bus, it is quicker to walk but it's the furthest supermarket as well, so you might be better off going to another supermarket rather than that one - although the cheap bus fare is a plus.

I changed my course from the English and American one last March but still do a lot of similar modules, and four of my flatmates are doing it anyway, and all enjoying it.

If you have any questions about life at Kent, studying at Kent or anything else, just let me know :smile:

Interesting :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, why did you change your course?
Shh... maybe no one will notice we're dreadfully off topic! :biggrin:
I haven't visited Lancs either, the train tickets from London --> Lancaster are disgusting! :tongue: But yeah, the course looks great! Though I wished I'd applied for & Practice now. The major/minor thing is pretty special and I like the college system as well. :biggrin:

Ahh yeah I applied for & practice, but i'm sure the other one is also just as good!
If when you decide to come to Kent as your firm pm me straight away!!:colone:
Original post by beffnee
Just to throw this out there... Come to Kent, it's lovely. I'm having the best time here. You'll have an amazing time.

Is Medway good as well? I mean Kent is probably going to be my insurance, but is it good overall (nightlife, course teaching (look at sig.) and people etc.)

Thanks! :smile:
Interesting :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, why did you change your course?

I changed my course purely for the fact that I found the look of the modules a lot more interesting. However, if you like the look of the modules for English and American, you can still take a couple of modules from Comparative as Wild ones. You can't go back the other way though - So I couldn't take Romanticism which I would have liked to have done. You will be limited in the number of other modules you can take though with English and American, as there are more compulsory modules!

Original post by Vijay2010
Is Medway good as well? I mean Kent is probably going to be my insurance, but is it good overall (nightlife, course teaching (look at sig.) and people etc.)

Thanks! :smile:

I'm afraid I don't know that much about Medway. The campus is a considerable way away from Kent - around 30 miles - so I haven't spoken to anyone from there or heard much about it. I would imagine, however, that the nightlife won't be as good since it's not as large a University. I don't understand why the people would be any different, it's just luck of the draw really? And the teaching is probably alright, but again, it's hard to know without speaking to anyone who actually studies there, particularly when you are looking at a completely different degree to the one I am doing. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Original post by beffnee

Thank you! :biggrin: Oh stop making me like Kent even more haha! I'm probably going to bring my bike with me (when I get it! :rolleyes:) so I don't suppose I'll be getting on the Asda bus anyway (especially not when it goes to Asda haha, I don't suppose there's a Sainsburys? :tongue:)
Wow, saw your sig and I am so jealous of your grades! How on Earth do you get an A* in English? :tongue:
Thank you! :biggrin: Oh stop making me like Kent even more haha! I'm probably going to bring my bike with me (when I get it! :rolleyes:) so I don't suppose I'll be getting on the Asda bus anyway (especially not when it goes to Asda haha, I don't suppose there's a Sainsburys? :tongue:)
Wow, saw your sig and I am so jealous of your grades! How on Earth do you get an A* in English? :tongue:

Honestly? I would say a bike would be a bit of a waste! You definitely won't need it around campus and there aren't that many decent places to lock it up in Canterbury! The Asda bus is useful, but you can easily get the number 6X from campus to Asda (via town) anyway. There's also a Sainsbury's, yeah....a bit of a walk down from the uni though, I don't know what buses run past there. Asda has everything though, it's rather large!

Making you like Kent more was my plan :smile:

There is a Sainsburys! It's where my flatmates go shopping because they walk (and I'm lazy so shop at the Tesco in town and get the bus). If you were to walk/cycle to Asda, chances are you would walk past the Sainsburys anyway! Think the Asda bus would pass it too - but the Asda bus we got (probably not the official one as it went through town) goes the long way round!

Haha xD Guess I got lucky! Hit the assessment objectives is about all you can do! Strong, fluid argument and doing what they ask! Do as many practice essays as you can... every single exam essay I had for AS and A2, I had written an almost identical essay for only a couple of weeks before the exam in class. If you look at past essays you can glean what sort of thing they will ask and plan what you would write? Also... Getting a strong coursework mark will put you in good stead!
I <3 Kent, my firm choice atm! English & History :smile:
Reply 316
I just want Kent to accept my application damnit ): I've got an acknowledgement but waiting is so hard! The History course looks good ): I plan on going to the University if they accept me in the new year and have a look at the one I've applied to (I changed my mind at the last minute before I sent my UCAS off, so I've only actually seen 1/5 of my choices :P) but I think I'll be firming Kent hopefully :smile:
Reply 317
:five: Yay! Me too! :teehee:

I couldn't even be bothered to go on the parkwood tour yesterday! I just thought, I've already applied for it, I'm sure it's not inhabitable and it's cheap!

Yeah, lol, I couldn't be bothered either. Hopefully we'll get them :biggrin:
Just applied for accomodation at Tyler Court and Parkwood Flats/Houses. :biggrin:
Original post by RosieRose
Yeah, lol, I couldn't be bothered either. Hopefully we'll get them :biggrin:

:five:
Hope so! :biggrin:
Original post by Alittlenightmusic
Just applied for accomodation at Tyler Court and Parkwood Flats/Houses. :biggrin:

Should have made Parkwood your first choice, we could have had a TSR party! :tongue:
Ignore me... I'm just jealous I didn't pick Tyler lol

Is your username from the Sondheim musical or the Mozart piece? :tongue:

Edit: Oh why don't other universities have such amazing year abroad options? I don't know what I'm going to do if I get rejected from the two universities I'm waiting for (which are incidentally my first choices!). I actually have a feeling if I get rejected from those two, I'll firm Kent. The course looks *that* amazing! Oh I don't know... I just want all my damn decisions so I can decide already! Is anyone else doing crazy from not knowing? :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending