The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by MelissaJayne
If I get an offer then yeah, it sure would be. Just makes it all the worse though! Is it yours?

Well I've applied to Cambridge, so I s'pose that should be my first choice. But I know I'm going to be rejected from there, and Durham comes after that :smile: But now I'm really scared I'm going to be rejected from Durham too :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by cynthialf
That's awesome, congratulations! :smile:

Thank you! :smile: I was really shocked - I thought I'd get a rejection as they seem to hate deferred applications, but I suppose it meant they could deal with my application separately... I hope you get an offer too!!
Original post by darkestskies
Thank you! :smile: I was really shocked - I thought I'd get a rejection as they seem to hate deferred applications, but I suppose it meant they could deal with my application separately... I hope you get an offer too!!

Me too! I'm going to be the stereotypical Oxbridge reject if I end up firming Durham but oh well :smile:

I suppose it just meant that your application was good enough to definitely get a place any year :smile: Although I suppose they're going to be much keener on deferred entry offers this year with the expected fall in applicants due to the tuition fees...
Reply 1723
For any of you wondering about Politics (L200) offers
I got mine today (AAA) and I have no idea why I've got one so early, my application got sent off 3 weeks ago, and my grades aren't excpetional! Has anybody else got an offer for politics today?
Reply 1724
I've applied for Spanish but my application's still with the department. Apparently they're notorious for waiting until the last minute with languages! Still holding out hope though. Anyone else heard anything for languages?
Original post by blackpot
Well I've applied to Cambridge, so I s'pose that should be my first choice. But I know I'm going to be rejected from there, and Durham comes after that :smile: But now I'm really scared I'm going to be rejected from Durham too :frown:

Don't be scared of rejection. Your obviously a very intelligent person to be applying to either of those institutions. And with enough brains, you can go to any Uni and aslong as you work hard - you'll get a great degree! But, I do know that fear of rejection. It's the principle with me more than anything. Fingers crossed for you. :smile:
Reply 1726
I've just received the hard copy letter from the Hatfield today. xD Sweet
Original post by manthew
I've just received the hard copy letter from the Hatfield today. xD Sweet

Hatfield, eh? :angry:
Reply 1728
Original post by adam0311
Hatfield, eh? :angry:

Aye, that'd be true.... Hahahas where are you firming?
Reply 1729
Original post by Rocks:)
Exactly the same happened to me! I got my letter off St.Cuthberts a week after AES changed. Was really really down about it at first but Cuths looks nice :smile: nice to know I'm not the only one who's been moved!

So if AES changes under useful links does that mean you will probably get that college? my useful links simply said "colleges" yesterday and now it contains a link to University college above colleges!! Does this mean i might get university or could it go somewhere else after that?!!!
Original post by Keckers
Yeah, general engineering :smile:

I applied for Collingwood and that's the campus code on my offer, but I think it's still subject to change?

Oh ok! I applied to Trev and got into Trev. So i dont really know. they say that it can change but in reality i am not sure if it does!! do you think you will head for durham next year??
Reply 1731
French, I made an open college application so I've yet to find out about that.
Original post by manthew
Aye, that'd be true.... Hahahas where are you firming?

Only the best---Durham. You?
Reply 1733
Just checked AES and it states:

"QRV0 Combined Honours in Arts - ft
Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details"

Originally made an open app, but then submitted written request to change to St Chad's specifically. "Useful Links" has not changed.

Called the Int'l Office and asked about College and they said they were not able to tell me which College until after that College has reviewed the application.

Anxious!!!! and Excited.
Reply 1734
Hey guys I didn't want to start a new thread cos I thought my q would be relevant enough to fit in here. According to the AES Durham received my application 9th December (sent 7th I think) so it says my app has been received by the uni but not by the psychology department. Should I be concerned at all or is this normal that they haven't sent my app to the dep yet?

thankyou
Original post by LondonGirl22
Yeah, it means you'll definitely get an offer from Durham although not neccessarily from your first choice college - you've got to wait for them to write to you to confirm which college you're at. Congratulations on your offer!! :biggrin:

Thanks! Congrats on your offer (and college).

I got the offer (AAA for engineering) on Tuesday and one for Warwick (AAB) for good measure :biggrin:

Didn't go on an open day so looking forward to the post offer day so I can have a look around.
Reply 1736
Original post by Limeey
Hey guys I didn't want to start a new thread cos I thought my q would be relevant enough to fit in here. According to the AES Durham received my application 9th December (sent 7th I think) so it says my app has been received by the uni but not by the psychology department. Should I be concerned at all or is this normal that they haven't sent my app to the dep yet?

thankyou

it's normal :smile:
Original post by Eruwyr
For any of you wondering about Politics (L200) offers
I got mine today (AAA) and I have no idea why I've got one so early, my application got sent off 3 weeks ago, and my grades aren't excpetional! Has anybody else got an offer for politics today?

Just be happy:biggrin:
Original post by catrinaribena
I put in an open application for geography and got my offer today. I really don't think I can manage the grades though :frown:

How come you don't think you'll make the grades! You've applied to Cambridge haven't you?

Ps Hope your interview went well :smile:
Any more Maths offers?

Latest