The Student Room Group

Hair clippers that go above grade 8

Does anyone know where I can get one? Or even better, just the extension for my current clippers.

I can't seem to find a set that goes above grade 8. Grade 10 would be sufficient, but 12 would be ideal.

Thanks.
Reply 1
You probs cant find them because they dont exist... How many mm is grade 8 anyways?
Reply 2
Original post by yousif92
You probs cant find them because they dont exist... How many mm is grade 8 anyways?

Grade 8 is one inch (25mm). I like my hair on the top to be around 2 inches.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Teveth
Grade 8 is one inch (25mm). I like my hair on the top to be around 2 inches.

Oh right. See i just take the guard off and buzz the mother... Never tried it with a guard bigger than grade 1.
i can't find any than go above 8 either- i was hoping to buy such an item for my brother, who donesn't like his hair long but thinks #8 is still too short =/

...cut it yourself,free-hand with scissors and a ruler? ;(
Original post by Teveth
Does anyone know where I can get one? Or even better, just the extension for my current clippers.

I can't seem to find a set that goes above grade 8. Grade 10 would be sufficient, but 12 would be ideal.

Thanks.

I own a grade 8 and I used to cut my hair with it. Grade 8 is fantastic if you want to create a standard textured hair cut that doesn't look cropped or shaved in anyway.

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a Grade 12 - that would be too long.

You can get clipper attachments from hairdressing wholesalers, if you went on yell.com and looked up your nearest I'm sure they would sell a clipper attachment to you if you called in advance. They are only supposed to sell to card holders normally.

Alternatively, google Wahl the clipper manufacturer and call their contact number and ask if they could sell them to you online or via the phone.

Regards

Scott
Reply 6
This goes up to grade 12 (41mm):

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4431486.htm

I just bought one, haven't received it yet though!
Reply 7
They go up to grade 12 try this website http://www.wahlstore.co.uk/detail.jsp?rpid=0&rid=0
Reply 8
Clipper guards go up to 12, check on Amazon for Wahl size 12 clipper guards. They used to have longer ones, Remington still does but the guards are made from a thin rubber or plastic which can lead to the hair being cut uneven in patches which looks a bit stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Better late than never but just use your fingers which are about 1 inch thick and do a grade 8 over that. You will end up with about two inches on top then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending