The Student Room Group

Teenage girls rob a blind man, why?!

so i read this article on the bbc
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-12001120

and i thought how can any one do such a thing??? i mean its bad enough robbing anyone of their money regardless but the man is blind! dnt u think he has enough trouble living with his disability already, they haven to make life harder by robbing him of £4000! its not even the fact they are girls because nowadays girls are can be just as rowdy a guys but that is just disgraceful.

what do you guys (and girls) think???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Possibly the most pointless, redundant thread on TSR...

Yes, these incidents happen everywhere you look; why have you brought up this particular example?
Reply 2
BROKEN BRITAIN!1!!!one
because hes an easy target - you dont honestly think that a thief is going to think "oh jeez hes blind cant rob him"

Why do you think muggers attack alone single old people and not attack a group of seven foot blokes armed with bats and blades. Because they go easy targets
Reply 4
Original post by spazman21

Yes, these incidents happen everywhere you look; why have you brought up this particular example?

Where do you live to hear about stories of teenage girls robbing blind men on a daily basis?
Reply 5
Original post by spazman21

What a ****ing retarded thing to say.

By your logic, we must never talk about anything again, because there's always a similar case which happened some place else. Want to talk about Michael Jackson dying? What is the point, some other guy died in Ohio on the same day so it's completely redundant.

By your logic, TSR should really cease to exist, seeing as how near enough every thread on the site is not unique.
Reply 6
Bet he didn't see that coming :awesome:
Reply 7
It happened in my town! haha well if you knew anything about Coventry, you'd know that alot of the population is made out of chavs.
They should all be flogged. Evil bitches :mad:
4000 in his pocket? :lolwut:
Original post by The Cornerstone
4000 in his pocket? :lolwut:

The incident happened not long after the man withdrew the money from the Nationwide in Broadgate, Coventry, on 7 December.
Reply 11
Original post by paula.a
so i read this article on the bbc
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-12001120

and i thought how can any one do such a thing??? i mean its bad enough robbing anyone of their money regardless but the man is blind! dnt u think he has enough trouble living with his disability already, they haven to make life harder by robbing him of £4000! its not even the fact they are girls because nowadays girls are can be just as rowdy a guys but that is just disgraceful.

what do you guys (and girls) think???

My old age pensioner frail aunt was pushed over and had her bag stolen outside her flat in daylight. It didn't even get into the paper.
They picked on him, as another poster said, because he was an easy target and they could get away with it, also because he had a lot of cash on him.
They weren't discriminating against the blind-they'd rob anyone of any race or disability as long as it was easy money for them and they thought they could get away with it.
Now they're caught they'll probably get Ken Clarke type treatment with 20 hours of pretending to do community work and free counselling. They might have to pretend to be sorry too.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by thecdon

Damn you! I saw the thread title and came here with the exact intention of posting that! :biggrin:
Reply 13
I think it's more insulting OP that you believe that this man is somehow more emotionally vulnerable and weak than other 'normal' people simply because of his blindness. I doubt he's any more affected than you and I would be from a mugging. You are treating him like he is a small child.
Original post by WhatamIdoing
The incident happened not long after the man withdrew the money from the Nationwide in Broadgate, Coventry, on 7 December.

It's still dangerous to take out that much, especially from a vulnerable man
Original post by thecdon

hahahahaha
Reply 16
"Like stealing, candy from a baby"

Spoiler

Every single person who is robbed is vulnerable in some way. In this case he was blind, in other cases it will be because they are physically weaker etc. etc.

I don't know what you think about disabled people, but they don't spend their lives moping about their disability.
Coventry... :facepalm:... typical.
A pretty shameful act

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending