The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Only just discovered this thread...my HTC desire lags so much! :frown: I may factory reset, does anyone know of any good back-up methods?

Original post by G8D
Titanium Backup.

Needs root access though doesn't it?
Reply 2802
Original post by wizard710
Needs root access though doesn't it?

Since when were you in Sheffield? :curious:
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Since when were you in Sheffield? :curious:

Start of term :smile:
Just want a honest opionion please. What is the better phone Samsung Galaxy Portal or the HTC Legend? My Assisant manager at work has got the Galaxy Portal and keeps banging on about how its better then my Legend
Reply 2805
I'm ordering my Nexus S tomorrow. :biggrin:
Reply 2806
Original post by wizard710
Start of term :smile:

Oh well hai! :hi:

How you finding it so far?

Btw anyone used the new market yet? It's quite an improvement....
Reply 2807
Original post by G8D
I don't have it yet, but it does look pretty swish.

It's a lot smoother and cooler, looks ace. I'm loving it!
Original post by TheCasual
Just want a honest opionion please. What is the better phone Samsung Galaxy Portal or the HTC Legend? My Assisant manager at work has got the Galaxy Portal and keeps banging on about how its better then my Legend

200Mhz higher clock speed on the Samsung, but 2.2 is available on the Legend and JIT will more than make up for it in that respect. Those aside, they're generally pretty similar, though the Legend has a much better screen, camera and lens, and far better build quality.

I'd definitely say the Legend.
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Oh well hai! :hi:

How you finding it so far?

Btw anyone used the new market yet? It's quite an improvement....

It's awesome and I was about to ask where is the market as I still haven't found it :smile:
Anyone notice the blatant Android/Sprint product placement in Fringe this week? They've done that twice now and they showed something similar to FaceTime. What was it?
Original post by G8D
Sprint have been running with video calling since they released the Evo 4G, so it was probably a Sprint specific app.

(they even created front facing video chat APIs before Android officially got them in 2.2)

Cool, didnt know that. I like video calling, thumbs up from me.

That segment felt like a commercial. Kinda like the bit in Wallstreet 2 where he asked for a Heinekken and they zoom in on the Heinekken brand name. It's bloody annoying but I guess with people Sky+ing stuff you gotta squeeze the ads in to the actual programmes now.
I think video calling is the most useless thing ever. It didn't take off nearly 7 years ago and it won't now. Glad my phone doesn't have it.

Original post by G8D
Video chatting is becoming more and more 'normal' these days.
What with things like Skype and Tinychat (12 people on cam at once) video chatting has become less of an "OMG paedo!" topic.

Plus with it now using data it costs a lot less than it used to. I would use it if I had it, then again I'm a great advocator for video chat as a whole.

The problem is you'd have to know exactly who was on your contacts that had a video phone, you'd also have to be somewhere quiet and alone, no one wants to video call on the bus. So the best place is at home where you'd have a laptop with skype. I think video calling is awesome just not useful on phones.
Original post by yoyo462001
I think video calling is the most useless thing ever. It didn't take off nearly 7 years ago and it won't now. Glad my phone doesn't have it.

I think the only reason it didn't take off was that not enough people had a camera enabled phone! Now that potentially all mobile phones will have the capability, it will take off, especially with Apple phones being so popular.
It's not something that could ever replace normal calling, but it's nice once in a while or to catch up with distant friends/relatives.

Personally, I love it. I can keep in touch with my nephews and nieces hundreds of miles away. I borrow my brothers iPhone 4 just for this. My next phone almost has to have this feature.

It's MUCH more convenient over web cam services that require a computer and laptop. Nothing beats having it on a small mobile phone that sits in your pocket.
(edited 13 years ago)
You Android people have WordFeud which looks awesome! :hmpf:

Have any of you tried it, is it good?
I play Wordup to kill time, it's basically Boggle. Not tried WordFeud. WIthout checking it was a crossword type game I think? I don't like crosswords but it's free so suppose could try it out.
Original post by silent ninja
I play Wordup to kill time, it's basically Boggle. Not tried WordFeud. WIthout checking it was a crossword type game I think? I don't like crosswords but it's free so suppose could try it out.

It's scrabble as far as I know.

Just checked, it is: http://wordfeud.com/
Reply 2818
Original post by The Stig
You Android people have WordFeud which looks awesome! :hmpf:

Have any of you tried it, is it good?

It's good and rather addictive, if I actually got a signal in my room at uni I would play it a lot.
Original post by The Stig
It's scrabble as far as I know.

Just checked, it is: http://wordfeud.com/

Sounds good, I could play Scrabble all day.

Latest

Trending

Trending