The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hi guys,
all of mine are 5yr courses for undergraduate

Glasgow: interview on 2nd Feb
Durham: acknowledged
Aberdeen: acknowledged
Leeds: acknowledged

My Glasgow interview was originally for the 25th of Jan but i have exams the day before and after so travelling was an issue.

Good luck x
1st rejection via track from Dundee. pants!
Reply 122
Original post by sweetchilli
1st rejection via track from Dundee. pants!

Sorry to hear that :frown: Three left though!
Original post by DexterM
Sorry to hear that :frown: Three left though!

Thanks. I know and interview for Glasgow in Feb (1st choice). Expecting rejection from Newcastle on account of UKCAT so realistically 2 left but still in the game! :smile:
Reply 124
Original post by DexterM

Original post by DexterM
Aye, I've applied for Leicester 4 year too, just wondering why they're asking for more info from the poster. I haven't been asked for anything yet :frown: I wondered if perhaps the poster had an unusual job role and they needed more clarification.

Cheers though :smile:

sorry, been away for a week so didn't see all the replies! I'm a physiotherapist, so I don't think that qualifies as an unusual job role! i've only been a physio for 4 months tho, so while that means I'll have a full year's experience by the time the course starts, maybe they want a reference to prove I'm doing ok? Also I had two years out between school and university so I think maybe they wanted to make sure I didn't spend it bumming around!

I heard from Leicester and they've offered me an interview in January. Apparently there's a written bit lasting half an hour but they don't say what it's about
hello everyone, never posted before so i thought i'd let people know my situation:
applied to:
barts (GEM) - acknowledged
warwick (GEM)acknowledged
Bristol (5 yr) acknowledged
UEA (5yr) interview 13/1

good luck everyone!
Reply 126
Original post by red_bull

I heard from Leicester and they've offered me an interview in January. Apparently there's a written bit lasting half an hour but they don't say what it's about

Don't worry about it, it was very straightforward and wasn't a very specific subject at all, everyone wrote completely different things. They also said that for all they know candidates haven't necessarily written they're own personal statements, but they're not sure what the written exercise is going to show or how they're going to use it yet.

But honestly, don't worry about it at all.
Like so many have written above, I'm finally coming out of the woodwork too! I've been following this thread with interest since the day before my Imperial interview, and figured it was time to stop being such a lurker...

I'm applying to 4 year courses, and this is the state of play currently:
Barts: acknowledged
Imperial: interviewed 1/12/10
King's: interview 11/1/11
Oxford: rejected (bugger)

UKCAT: 755 average (can't remember the breakdown - I'll find it later if anyone asks me to)

Degree: 2i in Natural Sciences from Cambridge, PhD auditory physiology from Cambridge (just finishing at the moment!)

A's in A level Biology, Chemistry German and Maths

Fingers crossed we all hear from Barts soon. At least chances are we'll have heard from Imperial and King's by early February. I was really gutted about Oxford...that was definitely my first choice. Ah well. As wise people have mentioned above...I only need one offer!
Nottingham are giving out GAMSAT related rejections. And I'm down to one :frown:
Reply 129
Original post by apotoftea
Nottingham are giving out GAMSAT related rejections. And I'm down to one :frown:

:frown: Have faith, your last choice can easily come in :wink: Theres always next year, I know it's not what you want to hear, but life is never fair. We all know.
Reply 130
Hiya. New to this too...

Warwick 4yr - acknowledged
Swansea 4yr - acknowledged
Imperial 4yr - interview 7/12/10
HYMS 5yr - interview 8/12/10

Good luck to everyone
Reply 131
Still havent heard anything from St George's... slightly concerned, email saying 'these things take time' from SGUL doesnt help
Reply 132
Still heard nothing but a few acknowledgments. No interviews/offers but at the same time no rejections. Remaining positive-ish.

:poo:
Not sure how to feel, no rejections which is good, but only one acknowledgement from Kings. Surely by this point you would know if you have an interview on January 11?? For the graduate program.
No acknowledgements or any word yet from Leeds, or Edinburgh??... feeling a little low, just wish I knew what was going on.
Original post by sjwinn
Hi guys,
all of mine are 5yr courses for undergraduate

Glasgow: interview on 2nd Feb
Durham: acknowledged
Aberdeen: acknowledged
Leeds: acknowledged

My Glasgow interview was originally for the 25th of Jan but i have exams the day before and after so travelling was an issue.

Good luck x

Hey ... just wondering how Leeds acknowledged??
Original post by Amziana
Still havent heard anything from St George's... slightly concerned, email saying 'these things take time' from SGUL doesnt help

Check your spam folder and give them an email :smile:
Hey everyone! Yet another person who is new to this. I've applied to....

Warwick 4yr - Acknowledged
BSMS 5yr
Soton 5yr - Acknowledged
HYMS 5yr - Interview 08/12/10

Best of luck :smile:
heyy everyone! Seeing as all of you have been through the process of applying for GEM, I was looking for a bit of advice please!
1. Will they look closley at our A level grades?
2. What sort of UKCAT score are they looking for?
3.I am doing Biomedical sciences at Aston uni, and on the side I am doing A level chemistry, will this improve my chances to get in?
4.The only work exp/voluntry work I have is below,: is it enough to impress?
-Travelled to india to work in a hostel of children with cerebral palsy (bless them)
-Worked in boots pharmacy for 2 months as for work exp
-I have worked in a care home for 4 months for work exp
- I have travelled to Africa and worked in a pharamcy there for 2 weeks, also carried out a lot of charity work there
-I am currently an assistant in developing scientific software that are solutions instead of animal testing.
- In my stay at india i worked in a village school where i taught a -level biology to students, who couldnt speak english.

Thanks tons! Any help would be useful!
Reply 138
Name: Ibaad
Offer: AAA
Course: Medicine
University: Oxford. :eek:
college: trinitaaay

MLIB
has anyone heard from sheffield or nottingham yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending