The Student Room Group

Faking references?

Yes or not?
Reply 1
no
Reply 2
It's for a cleaning job in a bar. :smile:
How would you do that? Do you not have to provide contact details and then they contact them?
Just be honest! I can't imagine you needing references from the Archbishop of Canterbury for a cleaning job, to be honest. Just use a tutor or something, who'll say you're committed and trustworthy.
Reply 4
Original post by alibobs
no

It's for a cleaning job in a bar, Aliboobs. :wink: What do you think? I need a job.
Reply 5
Original post by Gemma :)!
How would you do that? Do you not have to provide contact details and then they contact them?
Just be honest! I can't imagine you needing references from the Archbishop of Canterbury for a cleaning job, to be honest. Just use a tutor or something, who'll say you're committed and trustworthy.

I rather doubt it :cool:
Reply 6
Original post by manthew

Getting negged is a wonderful thing, isn't it? :colone:
Original post by manthew

Why?
Reply 8
Original post by SoulfulBoy

It is when it comes from somebody with zero rep power like yourself.

Faking references is pointless, especially for something like a bar cleaning job - if I was employing somebody to clean a bar, I don't think I'd be too bothered about a reference, as all I'd want is for them to turn up on time.

If you did it, you'd need to put down a professional address, not somebody's home address; likewise with the email and phone number, otherwise it'll look dodgy. It's more hassle than it's worth, and tbh, if you have referees who are willing to give you a reference, it's socially-unacceptable to make it bad, so providing it says you're punctual, it'll be fine.
Reply 9

but some one posved me back on :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by manthew
but some one posved me back on :wink:

:colone:
Reply 11
Just stick in a random friend's mobile number and you're good to go why not?
Reply 12
It's for a cleaning job in a bar. :smile:

Surely you know someone who can give you a genuine reference and vouch for your suitability to work as a cleaner. Surely.:rolleyes:
Reply 13
Original post by Howard
Surely you know someone who can give you a genuine reference and vouch for your suitability to work as a cleaner. Surely.:rolleyes:

Many vaginas would do that for me, I don't know about the OP. I can crush your rolled eyes with my steel-like pen:colondollar:
:smile:
Reply 14
It's for a cleaning job in a bar, Aliboobs. :wink: What do you think? I need a job.

Wow references for a cleaning job!?
I still say no, just get someone to do it legitimately, can't be that hard!
Reply 15
Just ask like, a friend's mum to do it or something.
Reply 16
Original post by CatieW
Just ask like, a friend's mum to do it or something.

If I were the OP, I would want a nice girl like you to be my reference. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Landoner
If I were the OP, I would want a nice girl like you to be my reference. :smile:

:rolleyes: You are not the OP...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending