The Student Room Group

Closest friend forgets you and flirts with your younger sister

Hey guys & girls!

Well i knew a guy who is 4 years elder than me. He had sort of become my closest friend as i shared my thoughts with him & ask for his advice where necessary. But now the scenaario is as such i don't send messages to him though he did send a few messages requesting an apology after that twice. I did not respond to that cause he hadn't asked or aware of what i felt and just asking forgiveness on anything that he thought i felt was wrong what stupid person would do that ! :angry:

Now i know he has been with my younger sister chatting all the time due to which he never has time to chat to me! He is flirting with my sister from whom he is 6 years elder?!?! :angry: He shares everything with her and not me. :frown: Now a days i don't know even if he has finished his university or not, is doing internship or not or even what is he upto now adays i have no clue about that. He has started to ignore me and involve her in all the matters recently.

I feel hatred towards my sister and him because he was the first guy i had ever disclosed my issues to usually related to my education or life. Was hoping to share even more or help him when in need but after his this act i feel that what ever i have done for him was just a waste and that i shouldn't have done but whatsdone is done cann't take that back! :frown:

Guys i felt too close to him and now he has cut me back from his life and neither does he asks about me! Its just him and my sister chatting when ever they feel like! To clear out one thing i am not in love with him or something but feel betrayed cause suddenly the girl who initiated the chat with him for her first time is left behind and has started flirting with her younger sister who held no position in this matter and she defends him too!

What shall be done in this circumstances i think i should never speak to him again, neither share my feelings with him nor my sister ever again! But then i remember the good times we had but then the times am going through now :'( :frown: Am i exaggerating about all this ?? :confused: might have not portrayed perfectly the scenario.

Thanks for any advice or support. :redface:
Lad?
If this guy seems to be making no effort with you anymore, there is nothing you can really do to win him back. Could it be that you have feelings for him? This might make his friendship with your sister a bigger thing in your mind than it really is. If he just drops the friendship, maybe he is not worth it anyway. I'm sorry to paint him in a bad light, but it might be that he sees your sister as being more naive and impressionable than you, and therefore... easier?
I think you're just going to have to accept that sometimes, people we open up to can throw it back in our face. It hurts, but it happens to everyone. Maybe be a little more discerning about who you open up to next time.
Reply 3
Original post by KrispyKatieKreme
Lad?

Are you asking whether i am a guy or a girl ! well am a girl! :smile:
either confront him about it
or confront your sister
or get another male friend
or get another male friend and make the initial dude jealous
or ignore him, and move on in your life

:smile: its not the end of the world
Mmm, there must be some sort of feelings toward this guy because you wouldn't dedicate 5 quite detailed paragraphs, about how betrayed you feel;/
Look,
friends come and go,
and maybe he's foudn something in common with your sister and can relate to her more? ;/
don't be angry at your sis. srly, don't.
it's not her fault.
and it's not the guys fault.
maybe you should start a convo up with this guy saying 'what's happened to us' blah blah
maybe you'll spark up your old freindshiip? o;
Reply 6
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
If this guy seems to be making no effort with you anymore, there is nothing you can really do to win him back. Could it be that you have feelings for him? This might make his friendship with your sister a bigger thing in your mind than it really is. If he just drops the friendship, maybe he is not worth it anyway. I'm sorry to paint him in a bad light, but it might be that he sees your sister as being more naive and impressionable than you, and therefore... easier?
I think you're just going to have to accept that sometimes, people we open up to can throw it back in our face. It hurts, but it happens to everyone. Maybe be a little more discerning about who you open up to next time.

Well i think you are right!People do throw back at you. I think i am going to leave him let him be happy at what he is doing! He wasn't worth my friendship that has been proved by him. Should i give him another chance if he begs me? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by TheSadReaper
either confront him about it
or confront your sister
or get another male friend
or get another male friend and make the initial dude jealous

will do that seriously ...
Reply 8