The Student Room Group

Girls: Would you be pissed off or find it funny? Why isn't she saying anything?

Scroll to see replies

Not to be nasty, but I find it so annoying when people text me or message me saying 'im bored' or something like that. It's just, what's the point in telling me that? Do you think it's an interesting thing to say? I just don't get it!

And I doubt you've ruined the potential relationship. I wouldn't be pissed off (but then I don't really get that either! sorry).
(edited 13 years ago)
Am I the only girl-no, no, person-who wouldn't get too offended by this?

I mean depending on the sort of person you are/what your relationship with her is like, then she can either find it pervy or just laugh it off. If you're a jokey person who usually makes jokes like this I'd probably be spending the 15 minutes coming up with a better joke to crush you!

Text her something else like "sorry, I've been out with the lads and couldn't resist, ha ha" etc. you get the idea!
lol people on here are so boring
I have guys I'm not interested to text me like that. I ignore it. Sorry!

I find it creepy when it's this one particular guy who always tries it. I only reply to his normal 100% friendly texts to give him the idea it's friends only.

HOWEVER, she might really like you and she's thinking of the coolest reply lol.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by KrispyKatieKreme
You're boring and she doesn't give a ****.

Stop texting her pointless things, just like you should stop making pointless threads.

Revise, toss, or do both. Just stfu.

As a member of TSR you probably aren't all that fun either, let's be honest.
Reply 25
Original post by varunjog
I texted this girl I like 'I'm bored'.
She replies 'Find something fun to do!'
I said 'Are you fun?'
And now she hasn't replied for the past 15 minutes. We're good friends so it's not like I hardly know her. I thought this would probably be a fun way of telling her how I feel about her.

I thought it was really funny. If I was her I'd reply it was well timed and you sound really fun.
Original post by Sithius
As a member of TSR you probably aren't all that fun either, let's be honest.

If you attempted a proper conversation, i'd give you a proper reply.

I'd be prepared to meet up people on TSR and go for a drink/clubbing, but if they text me are you fun, when I was probably busy, then yes, i'd just ignore it, personally.

Call that boring if you want, I don't mind. :smile: But if you said like let's go go-karting or winter wonderland ice-skating, I wouldn't have said no.

:yep:
My god, this thread made me laugh so bloody hard!

really, no harm done, she just doesn't want to reply to your pointless text.
Text her again, saying something like, with a simple but non relavent question, just something silly and out there, it's what i'd do. or i'd text
"what you up to later? feel like meeting up? would be cool to hang out, just the two of us... never get time to chat with eachother properly."
she says yes, theres your window of oppourtunity.

Just think properly ><
Reply 28
If you attempted a proper conversation, i'd give you a proper reply.

I'd be prepared to meet up people on TSR and go for a drink/clubbing, but if they text me are you fun, when I was probably busy, then yes, i'd just ignore it, personally.

Call that boring if you want, I don't mind. :smile: But if you said like let's go go-karting or winter wonderland ice-skating, I wouldn't have said no.

:yep:

On the plus side at least he said something. It's better than the absent texter, such as yourself.
I would feel uncomfortable and either not reply at all or send one back asking what you meant by it.
Wow, what an awful way to tell someone you like them! I'd be really offended. It's pretty insulting, especially since you know the girl well.
Original post by insertnamehere
Wow, what an awful way to tell someone you like them! I'd be really offended. It's pretty insulting, especially since you know the girl well.

Why though? If you know someone pretty well you'd take it as a joke and forget about it. if you take everything to heart these days, your doomed.
And if this lads fairly dumb and jokey anyway, it wont make a difference.

Only if its out of the ordinary. Everyone who is posting is acting like he said it to you... think of his situation.

Even so. This is hilarious. ><
Original post by Sithius
On the plus side at least he said something. It's better than the absent texter, such as yourself.

He likes the girl... do you tell girls you like them like that?

What's wrong with the good ol', 'fancy a drink @ 8pm on Thursday'?

:erm:
Reply 33
He likes the girl... do you tell girls you like them like that?

What's wrong with the good ol', 'fancy a drink @ 8pm on Thursday'?

:erm:

Nothing wrong. It's just that this was in the moment and an instinctive reply. I will probably ask her out properly later but atleast she knows how I feel now.
Reply 34
If you're good friends this is an awful way of telling her you like her. Telling a girl you want to do them is not the same as telling them you like them. It's just awkward and a little creepy.
Be grateful she replied back to you in the first place. I ****ing hate it when people tell me that they're bored.
Lol, :facepalm:
Reply 37
See, at least she took your ass seriously. I'm always joking around about how imma sex people up and also fool around practically all the time. Then when I'm being serious they think I'm joking. And OP, seems like you made a lot of threads recently which revolve around you or a topic similar to this one. So why can't you just go up to the girl you really like and ask her the **** out? Worst thing is just "no" as a reply right? So chill, my Indian brah.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
Well I don't know what's going on here, coz I could text about 10 different girls saying "I'm bored" and within seconds I'd have replies saying like "be there in 10" etc. That's actually how I cunningly arranged my first foursome.
Original post by varunjog
I texted this girl I like 'I'm bored'.
She replies 'Find something fun to do!'
I said 'Are you fun?'
And now she hasn't replied for the past 15 minutes. We're good friends so it's not like I hardly know her. I thought this would probably be a fun way of telling her how I feel about her.

Hahaha. I'd laugh & find it funny.

If I was into you I'd play along.
If I wasn't, I'd still reply, but divert your attention.

Quick Reply