The Student Room Group

What's the best lie you've ever told?

As in, were you successful in telling the lie and what were you covering up?

:holmes:

Personally, I tell white lies on a regular basis, I've tried to stop...but I really can't...

Scroll to see replies

I put on my cv that I have 3 nipples.
Original post by EmperorMustard

That's nothing, i lied about one of my rivals going bust ! :colone:

R.I.P
Reply 3
Original post by EmperorMustard

Yeah, I put that down as my 'interesting fact'.
Reply 4
this one
Reply 5
Original post by Extricated
That's nothing, i lied about one of my rivals going bust ! :colone:

R.I.P

Oh, I lied about the sort of license my "telecoms" company had. No biggie.
Reply 6
I lied about being in the gang and killed someone with my bare hands

Should have seen the bullying coming
For almost 3 years now, my CV has said I volunteer with Rainbows/Brownies/Guides on a Tuesday night.
So it looks good that I volunteer but I also always had a Tuesday off. I mean I did USE to, but yeah. My mum runs it and it was her idea anyway :p:
Sometime last year we told a new guy that I had a penis, and it was just a very rare syndrome or someting....just ****s&giggles really.

We all promptly forgot about it - and just recently I bumped into him, and in our conversation this lie came up - and he still believed I had a penis! Hahaha almost a year later. c;
Original post by Kimbliboo
Oh, I lied about the sort of license my "telecoms" company had. No biggie.

I have a field of ponies. :biggrin:
Reply 10
i lied about being a virgin so i could take the virginity of this super hot girl and it was so worth it. never saw her again though but i don't really care to be honest. in fact it turns me on thinking how upset she must have been that i lied and exploited her innocence.
I told someone the devil didn't exist : o
"No, we don't need a condom, I'm sterile and immune to all diseases."
"I love you."
Reply 14
That I'm really bad at lying... :p:
I convinced a cast of 40 people that I was perfectly healthy and normal, despite everything falling apart behind the scenes. I was quite impressed with myself :yep:
I've managed to convince every person I've spoken to that I exist.
Original post by suzie101
me and a friend once set up an MSN account for a guy we knew and added the girl that fancied him - talking to her pretending we were him....was funny for a while. Was even funnier monday mornings when she would coming in talking to him about thier conversations and he had no idea.... ah I miss being young...

Did he bang doe?
I've never really told a big terrible lie or anything...just little white lies (either to teachers - about not handing homework in, or to parents - that i've studied/i'm still feeling unwell (so could I stay off for one more day))
Reply 19
Original post by TheSmithsIndeed
As in, were you successful in telling the lie and what were you covering up?

:holmes:

Personally, I tell white lies on a regular basis, I've tried to stop...but I really can't...

I believe this is called compulsive lying disorder OP.

Quick Reply

Latest