The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Jelliebaby
Sorry about the late reply..i always forget to look on here! but yes i think so :smile: there or newcastle, but i havent actually been to look at that uni before...or heard back from them either so.. :P hehee
what offers do you have?

I've got offers from Leeds, Sheffield, RHUL and Manchester :smile: I think Leeds will be my firm! I love it :biggrin:
Do you have any other offers?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by oe43
I've got offers from Leeds, Sheffield, RHUL and Manchester :smile: I think Leeds will be my firm! I love it :biggrin:
Do you have any other offers?

Woo well done :biggrin: i thought about applying to royal holloway but i didnt :/
yess i have offers from sheffield surrey and swansea :smile:
eee i love it too, are you going to that applicant day thingy? need to send my letter back!
Reply 382
i only got BBB in my ASs and i got an offer for spanish :biggrin: dont worry :smile:

Ah hearing that has made my evening lol :smile: I'm reaaally hoping I get in, I have a fair amount of experience to back me up in my personal statement as I did work experience in a primary and school in france and am working for a spanish newspaper at the mo!
Are you thinking of going to leeds? One of my friends is there doing french and german and loves it :smile:
Original post by livelove
Ah hearing that has made my evening lol :smile: I'm reaaally hoping I get in, I have a fair amount of experience to back me up in my personal statement as I did work experience in a primary and school in france and am working for a spanish newspaper at the mo!
Are you thinking of going to leeds? One of my friends is there doing french and german and loves it :smile:

are you really? thats soo cool :biggrin: i think personal statement is one of the most important things really..seeing as i know 2 people in my class who got rejected for spanish joint honours from leeds, when they have higher grades than me! just goes to show :smile: but yesss i am :biggrin: i want to go now!! haha
Reply 384
Yeah I know a girl who's had an interview for oxford to do french yet leeds rejected her!? That made me incredibly worried haha.
I stayed up there in halls in october and really liked it :smile:, really hope I get in! And y'never know if I do then we'll probably end up in the same lectures lol.
Reply 385
Physics with Astro :smile:
I've applied to do french and spanish though I only got BBB in my A2s last year (I missed As by 3 marks in all of them, how pissed is that!?).. doubt I'll get in, but y'never know!
Has anyone got offers from Leeds for languages yet?

I got an offer for Japanese and Economics!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Yeah I know a girl who's had an interview for oxford to do french yet leeds rejected her!? That made me incredibly worried haha.
I stayed up there in halls in october and really liked it :smile:, really hope I get in! And y'never know if I do then we'll probably end up in the same lectures lol.

I suppose it just depends what the university is looking for at the end of the day :smile:
yesss defo, i need to get the grades tho which is the difficult part!
Original post by Vekeh
Your grades are more than enough, but as far as I can tell Leeds put a lot of emphasis on your personal statement (I think they want to see critical analysis and engagement or something along those lines) so an offer will probably depend on that. Don't freak out if you see people on here getting rejections with better grades than you - I got the same AS grades and have an offer :smile: Looking at my emails, my acknowlegdement took ten days to come through, have you only recently sent your app?

My college finally sent my application at the start of last week. Thing is the course is so competitive that I hope they don't make me get AAA at A2 because, although A*AA is what I am predicted, the chances of me actually getting that are quite slim. English is a big step up at A2 I've noticed so I'm battling to get that A. I've recieved acknowledgements from Manchester, Reading and Edinburgh. But I only really want to go to Leeds. What are you applying to do?
Reply 389
Original post by AlastairJoseph
My college finally sent my application at the start of last week. Thing is the course is so competitive that I hope they don't make me get AAA at A2 because, although A*AA is what I am predicted, the chances of me actually getting that are quite slim. English is a big step up at A2 I've noticed so I'm battling to get that A. I've recieved acknowledgements from Manchester, Reading and Edinburgh. But I only really want to go to Leeds. What are you applying to do?

Oh, I've applied for English too, that's why I replied to you! :tongue: Having seen other people on here with offers, all of them have been asking for AAB (I've never heard of them going higher). I think a lot of people pick Leeds purely because they have a very strong department and are "only" (in comparison to other top departments) asking for AAB, which is why it's so over-subscribed. I reeeally like the look of the huge range of options :coma:
Reply 390
Woo well done :biggrin: i thought about applying to royal holloway but i didnt :/
yess i have offers from sheffield surrey and swansea :smile:
eee i love it too, are you going to that applicant day thingy? need to send my letter back!

Congrats on your offers! :biggrin:

Yeah i'm going on January 26th :smile: but i also need to send my letter back :smile: Are you going on jan 26th too?
Reply 391
Original post by Vekeh
YES :biggrin:

Congratulation. A tiny bit jealous. :cool:
Original post by oe43
Congrats on your offers! :biggrin:

Yeah i'm going on January 26th :smile: but i also need to send my letter back :smile: Are you going on jan 26th too?

Thank you :smile: Yes January 26th! I cant wait :smile: I'll be so nervous though, not good in those situations :P
Reply 393
Thank you :smile: Yes January 26th! I cant wait :smile: I'll be so nervous though, not good in those situations :P

Yeah i'm the same i'll be very nervous! Everyone is in the same boat really though so it should be fine :biggrin: It will be good to meet some other people doing the course :biggrin:

Original post by oe43
Yeah i'm the same i'll be very nervous! Everyone is in the same boat really though so it should be fine :biggrin: It will be good to meet some other people doing the course :biggrin:

Hey, Im going on the 26th too :smile:
What courses have you applied for?
Original post by oe43

definitely :smile: theres seems to be like no one doing straight spanish :P do you have far to travel?
Original post by jeffercake
Hey, Im going on the 26th too :smile:
What courses have you applied for?

I have applied for Spanish :smile: woohoo :biggrin:
I have applied for Spanish :smile: woohoo :biggrin:

Ah, is it not a joint honours course then? Maybe we are doing different open afternoons, mine is run by the Joint Honours Arts and Social Science dept. For English and History :smile:
Original post by jeffercake
Ah, is it not a joint honours course then? Maybe we are doing different open afternoons, mine is run by the Joint Honours Arts and Social Science dept. For English and History :smile:

No, just single honours :smile: Mine is the Languages, Linguistics and Cultures...i think :P
No acknowledgement from Leeds. I got a conditional offer within two weeks of submission for V100 History AAA.

Latest