The Student Room Group

My Boyfriend Read My Chatlogs!

Basically, I had a laptop between the years of 2006-2009, which eventually died (I use them far too much!).. it was just sitting under my bed for ages and ages but my boyfriend said that he could probably get me a little bit of cash selling it for parts.

I told him I'd have to delete everything off it, but didn't know how because I couldn't switch it on, to which he replied that he would sort it all out and not to worry.

Anyway, he did some magic thing with the harddrive to revive everything that I had stored on it.. and looked through EVERYTHING. Old chat logs (bear in mind this was YEARS before I even met him), photos, essays etc.

There were also some photos of me on there that I just took on the webcam out of randomness, as you do when you're 15-18, and some of them aren't ones I might have chosen to show him out of free will!!

And as for the chatlogs..

Ex boyfriends!
Ex best friends..
Enemies..
Relatives..
EVERYTHING.

.....This thread is pretty pointless, other than to give you a bit of a laugh if you've had a bad day. I'm mega embarassed!

Scroll to see replies

so what...
So?

If you had nothing to hide, you wouldn't care.

As for exes, no matter what they discussed, he's banging you now, doubt he gives a ****.

If he does, just suck him off 4 times, he'll soon shut up.
Reply 3
haha sounds like my ex
Original post by Abused Tampon
so what...

I'm still a rock star..
Original post by KrispyKatieKreme
So?

As for exes, no matter what they discussed, he's banging you now, doubt he gives a ****.

I think im in love
So?

lol, coz 3 times just wouldn't be enough!
Reply 7
Im shocked someone with such high reputation has created what can only be described as most boring thread of the year.
So?

:sogood: :coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
He read all of them? That must have been boring!
I really don't get the point of this thread...
Reply 11
There is nothing in those chat logs about your EX BF's penis being bigger is there?
Reply 12
why is everyone saying it's not a big deal, i'd be furious, you trusted him and that's a complete invasion of privacy.
Original post by Gemma :)!
I'm still a rock star..

Lol
Original post by reisen
why is everyone saying it's not a big deal, i'd be furious, you trusted him and that's a complete invasion of privacy.

Why are you creating an issue where there isn't one?
Reply 15
Original post by polaroid13
Why are you creating an issue where there isn't one?

How am I creating an issue? i'm just saying how i'd feel in her position, GEEEEEEEZ don't think i'm in the position to create an issue from my living room :rolleyes:
Original post by reisen
How am I creating an issue? i'm just saying how i'd feel in her position, GEEEEEEEZ don't think i'm in the position to create an issue from my living room :rolleyes:

Because it came across to me as if you were trying to provoke those feelings in the OP and questioning (in a judgemental sort of way) why people were feeling the opposite to the way you would feel.
I don't know...I'm just procrastinating and I wanted to be part of something so I said something...:frown:
Reply 17
Original post by polaroid13
Because it came across to me as if you were trying to provoke those feelings in the OP and questioning (in a judgemental sort of way) why people were feeling the opposite to the way you would feel.
I don't know...I'm just procrastinating and I wanted to be part of something so I said something...:frown:

ah right lol, no **** stirring was not my intention :s-smilie:
Two options: a) Confront him, be angry and stuff. Turn it into a silly mess b) Don't care and put your personal integrity aside for a bit.
Reply 19
I don't really see your point if you don't have a problem with it.... He should be more embarrassed than you in my opinion for admitting he spent hours reading all your year old conversations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending