The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welldoesntthissuck
Has anyone heard anything for Philosophy? I'm dying waiting to hear from them :frown: My friend said her friend got a rejection from them and that no news is good news but still...

I applied for Philosophy and got rejected :/ your lucky not hearing anything from them at all tbh
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by welldoesntthissuck
Philosophy. It was my first choice too :frown:

Sorry to hear that - was the same for me, first choice Philosophy :frown:
Original post by SteadyTeddy
Sorry to hear that - was the same for me, first choice Philosophy :frown:

Aw man. That's sucks. Where else have you applied?
Just been rejected for Politics with predicted grades A*A*A* and AAAA at AS all above 90%. Reckon they rejected me on the basis of my GCSEs. Is it really my fault I went to an awful state school? More fool them.

Good luck to everyone else!
Reply 464
Just got rejected from French and German :/
Wow Bristol seemed to have launched themselves into this rejection fest! :eek: And they seem to be rejecting really good candidates too :frown:
Reply 466
Original post by WeStartedNothing
Just been rejected for Politics with predicted grades A*A*A* and AAAA at AS all above 90%. Reckon they rejected me on the basis of my GCSEs. Is it really my fault I went to an awful state school? More fool them.

Good luck to everyone else!

Seriously?!! Oh my goodness, now I'm panicking :s-smilie: Do you mind my asking what your GCSE grades were?
Original post by blackpot
Seriously?!! Oh my goodness, now I'm panicking :s-smilie: Do you mind my asking what your GCSE grades were?

Don't worry about it - you should be fine!

I got 4 A*s, 5 As and 2 Bs. Not the best but well above the standard for my school.

I wish you luck :biggrin:
Has anyone been rejected for psychology at Bristol? They're seriously making this a long wait....
Reply 469
Original post by Chloefitch
Has anyone been rejected for psychology at Bristol? They're seriously making this a long wait....

Nope, still waiting to hear :s-smilie:
Original post by blackpot
Nope, still waiting to hear :s-smilie:

They seem to be taking ages :frown: what are your grades like and where else have you applied?
Reply 471
Original post by Chloefitch
They seem to be taking ages :frown: what are your grades like and where else have you applied?

I know :frown: Cambridge, York, Warwick and Durham. And I haven't heard from ANY of them, I'm getting really worried :s-smilie: 5As at AS, predicted 5A*s.
What about you?
Anyone had an english offer?
I got an offer for History but I did the Access course so I think that probably helped me rather a lot...

Sorry to all those who didn't get in, their loss really.
Reply 474
Original post by atadsuperfluous
I got an offer for History but I did the Access course so I think that probably helped me rather a lot...

Sorry to all those who didn't get in, their loss really.

finally another history offer! hardly anyone else seems to have one :smile: is bristol youre first choice? where else have you applied?
Original post by katieb1
finally another history offer! hardly anyone else seems to have one :smile: is bristol youre first choice? where else have you applied?

I've also applied to Cambridge (haven't heard yet, I'm not expecting to get in so Bristol is my first choice really), Durham (got rejected yesterday.. but wasn't going to go there anyway tehe), Exeter (haven't heard) and UWE (offer but won't be going).
Like I said, Bristol is probably my first choice and... I'm feeling quite excited about that actually :smile:

How about you? What was your offer?

Mine was AAA or AAB and an A in my EPQ.
Anyone had a computer science offer so far? :frown: I haven't heard back from after my interview. It's been more than a week and I can't wait :frown:
Original post by Tracey88
I was wondering whether Bristol sends you anything in the post after they have made you an offer? Because I've had my offer for about a month now and haven't heard anything since.

I got mine about a month ago too and haven't heard anything in the post. I daresay they'll send something when we respond.
Just got an offer of AAB for biology!
Reply 479
Rejected for politics with A* A* A* A predictions, straight As at AS Level all but one over 90% (the one was at 89%) and 10 A*s at GCSE.

Is it because I'm from a state school? Who knows.

Pissed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending