The Student Room Group

(A LEVELS) How much are you planning to study in the Christmas holidays?

I'm planning on doing some intensive studying from Monday onwards - including studying through Christmas day (well I'm Muslim so I don't celebrate it anyway.)
But anyways, what are you guys planning to do and how are you planning to do it? (Eg putting your social life on hold?)

(Btw, this only refers to those of you who have A level exams in January).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Quite a bit, haven't done any proper revision yet.
Reply 2
well im not doing any revision on christmas day or new years day but the same amount of revision im doing now will be constant till the exams.
Reply 3
Kind of started, mainly focused on my History resit, i really don't want to look at psychology, it hurts my eyes.
Reply 4
Only done slight light revision so far.

Planning to do lots of the holidays:smile:.
However I'm not going to neglect my other subjects just to revise for my exams in Jan (3 of them).
Gonna juggle all my subjects around and revise everything I've learnt so far :cool:
Well I'm working the majority of the first week, but the second week will be spent at the library revising :smile:

[EDIT] Why the neg rep :'(

[EDIT II] Hahahahaaa

[EdIT III] wooo this is my most ever repped post :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Hopefully lots.... But it's so hard to start!
From Saturday - 5 hours per day.
Then the following week - 7 hours per day.
Anything after that - 9+ hours per day.
I don't have any exams, so I have a feeling my presence won't be entirely welcome in this thread... I plan to have a fab time and eat a lot and do absolutely no work...I'm going to do an essay tonight and hopefully two tomorrow so I'm free. Yay :biggrin:

But good luck people who are going to study.
Reply 9
Original post by im so academic

if i could find a smiley that looked shocked, i would use it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Taken difficult subjects so 3-4hours for at least 5/7 days per week :smile:

EDIT: duuuuuude 5 negs? is it THAT sinful giving your opinion of what difficult subjects are?!? Some pissed off Humanities students on this thread...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by qasidb
if i could find a smiley that looked shocked, i would use it.

:eek:

Back on topic, I'll do some of each a day (maybe 4 hours max altogether). I won't go overboard as my exams aren't till the end of January :sexface:
When I did my A Levels, from Dec 23rd to Jan 2nd was strictly revision free! Gotta have fun sometimes, hey!
Too much! I'll probably allow myself a break for Christmas and Boxing day though..

I suppose it's bad that I somehow enjoy revision :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
We'll im going out tomorrow night and after that i'm starting my have-no-life-and-revise-all-day policy untill the exams over, with breaks on christmas day and new years eve ofcourse :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by im so academic

What exam(s) are you doing?
Original post by Cinqueta

Original post by Cinqueta
What exam(s) are you doing?

PM me for more information.
Reply 17
got 5 exams in january

Core 1 - finished revising, done all the past paers - pretty happy with this - might do 1 or 2 past papers the weekend before the exam (exam is monday)

FP1 - starting on monday - gonna work through the whole book again do the past papers and stop there since FP1 is end of janaury

Physics - done a few past papers and there isnt much to revise but nonetheless gonna go over the stuff again and aim for 90+%

CHemsitry - lots of work needed here - all gonna be done in the holidays (2nd week - 4-5 hours per day)

Biology - serious work needed here :frown: (2nd week 5 hours a week doing stuff/past papers )

Hopefully i should be all good with this lot :smile:
Reply 18
Barely any! My job is gonna take up most of my hols then i want the rest to relax haha, Roll on the U's!
Reply 19
Starting tommorrow, then take the weekend off to catch up on Black Ops, Fifa and all the games I've left rotting due to the work overload. Then continue throughout the holidays, hardcore, not on Christmas and New Years day though, obviously.

Quick Reply

Latest