The Student Room Group

My boyfriends friend likes me?!

Im so confused! Im totally in love with my boyfriend, been with him just over two years.
But suddenly his friend comes along, who hes got quite close to, and tells me he really likes me, he told me everything about how he felt about me and it was so sweet. Ive been liking him too though.

I told his friend I wont tell my boyfriend, because I know it'll ruin their friendship. But I still want to be friends with his friend, because we were friends before.

So everythings as normal apart from the fact I know my boyfriends friend likes me.

Anyway, my question is, should I tell my boyfriends friend that I kinda like him too, but I would never leave my boyfriend because I'm in love with him?

Im stuck, because if I dont say anything, and my boyfriend finds out his friend likes me, he'll ask why I never told him from the start.
If I tell my boyfriends friend I like him too, then that can turn very bad too, if my boyfriend was ever to find out what I said.

Sorry about the long question!

Scroll to see replies

Threesome :yes:

It's the only way forward.
I wouldn't tell your boyfriend.. it'll only cause trouble
You have no intention on going for his friend and it sounds like his friend won't do anything to ruin what you two have so mentioning it will only make things awkward and bring trouble.
Besides.. ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Threesome :yes:

It's the only way forward.

If this happens, pics or gtfo :colone:
Original post by Anonymous

Im so confused! Im totally in love with my boyfriend, been with him just over two years.
But suddenly his friend comes along, who hes got quite close to, and tells me he really likes me, he told me everything about how he felt about me and it was so sweet. Ive been liking him too though.

I told his friend I wont tell my boyfriend, because I know it'll ruin their friendship. But I still want to be friends with his friend, because we were friends before.

So everythings as normal apart from the fact I know my boyfriends friend likes me.

Anyway, my question is, should I tell my boyfriends friend that I kinda like him too, but I would never leave my boyfriend because I'm in love with him?

Im stuck, because if I dont say anything, and my boyfriend finds out his friend likes me, he'll ask why I never told him from the start.
If I tell my boyfriends friend I like him too, then that can turn very bad too, if my boyfriend was ever to find out what I said.

OK, who do you want? Your boyfriend or this random other guy?
Original post by im so academic
OK, who do you want? Your boyfriend or this random other guy?

She lusts after the other guy for sexy times, but wants the secure stability her current boyfriend brings to her life.

She wants the best of both worlds and she can't have that.
Reply 6
Original post by Scrappy-coco
If this happens, pics or gtfo :colone:

wouldn't it be quite the sausage fest..
but I guess guys aren't too fussy.

She lusts after the other guy for sexy times, but wants the secure stability her current boyfriend brings to her life.

She wants the best of both worlds and she can't have that.

Well, in that case - love or lust?
Reply 8
If you are deeply in love with your boyfriend you wouldn't start to like his friend. it depends on what you want, if your never going to leave your boyfriend for his mate than you should tell his mate to back off, you telling him you have feelings for him too is just going to make him try harder to get with you and eventually you will fall in the trap of wanting to see your boyfriends friend even more and lying to your boyfriend of 2 years.
don't tell your boyfriend about his mate yet unless things become more intense, you'll just end up ruining there friendship for no reason.
hope it works out for you x

dont "start what you dont intend to finish"...and I sense that you are just trying to "enjoy" the illusive thrill of having another guy like you....

here is my question for you...what do you like about this other guy? His "sweet" words?......How would you feel if your bf was liking someone else? How old are you?.....2 years is a long time and trust me, the grass is not always greener on the other side....

If you are in love with your bf, you shouldnt even tolerate such crap from the other guy? You should have the decency to tell him he is wrong for telling you he likes you, considering he is also friends with your boyfriend...What kind of friend is that?

Young lady, act intelligently... We all have control over our emotions....especially if our emotions and morals are conflicting.....

Friendship is very important to me and I am beginning to wonder what kind of friend this other guy really is.....Concentrate on your relationship, young lady
Reply 10
Am I the only one that would tell my boyfriend? Yes, it would hurt their friendship but lets be honest, the "friend" who told you he likes you is to blame for that. By telling you, he is acknowleging that he wants something to happen beyond the status quo and therefore basically that he wants to steal his friend's girlfriend. What kind of a friend is that?
Why on Earth would you even consider telling this other guy you like him? If you love your boyfriend and want to stay with him, what possible reason could you have for telling this other guy (in fact I can't understand people who say they love their partner and are happy, yet still like other people, but there we go) the only reason I can think of is what someone else said about the thrill of someone else liking you, and you want to keep that up. You don't want him to lose interest so you want him to know you like him to prolong his feelings. Which is a horribly selfish thing to do.

All you can do is tell the other guy politely that there's no chance and then stay away from him until whatever you feel for him has gone. Otherwise you'll hurt your boyfriend bad. His friend shouldn't have told you he liked you, and you shouldn't tell him you do.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by riotgrrl
Am I the only one that would tell my boyfriend? Yes, it would hurt their friendship but lets be honest, the "friend" who told you he likes you is to blame for that. By telling you, he is acknowleging that he wants something to happen beyond the status quo and therefore basically that he wants to steal his friend's girlfriend. What kind of a friend is that?

I'm not so sure :s-smilie:, people do stupid things when emotions are involved and I guess if he doesn't want to take it any further then the boyfriend doesn't need to know

I think it depends on the situation as to whether or not I'd tell my partner, but yes I agree with you, friends shouldn't do that.

That would be a very dickish thing for you to do. "sorry you're alright but meh, not good enough" it would be like cutting his balls off and setting fire to them in front of his face. Not to mention, very out of order on your boyfriend who thinks you love him.
Reply 15
Original post by Scrappy-coco
I'm not so sure :s-smilie:, people do stupid things when emotions are involved and I guess if he doesn't want to take it any further then the boyfriend doesn't need to know

But if he doesn't want to take it further, why would he tell her? He should have just let it be.
But if he doesn't want to take it further, why would he tell her? He should have just let it be.

That's my point :biggrin: he let his emotions get the better of him and did something stupid in telling her
Don't tell the friend you like him too and don't tell your boyfriend his friend likes you or expect fireworks.
tell his friend its never gonna happen, ur not gna leave ur bf for him.

then forget about it and carry on as normal, if he makes a move tell ur bf.
Reply 19
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
I wouldn't tell your boyfriend.. it'll only cause trouble
You have no intention on going for his friend and it sounds like his friend won't do anything to ruin what you two have so mentioning it will only make things awkward and bring trouble.
Besides.. ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

Why does your UCAS say you've applied for 6 courses? o.O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending