Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by walesisthebest
Just got an offer of AAB for biology!

Well Done!!!
When did you hear from them? and do you mind me asking what your grades are like?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
Well Done!!!
When did you hear from them? and do you mind me asking what your grades are like?

Just now! Check your inbox!

I got 6A*'s and 4A's at gcse and 5A's and a B at AS. Predicted A*A*A*A*.

What about you?
Just now! Check your inbox!

I got 6A*'s and 4A's at gcse and 5A's and a B at AS. Predicted A*A*A*A*.

What about you?

No Offer :frown: Ah well, you are the first person I've seen with a Biology offer from Bristol!

I got 8A*, 2A and a B at GCSE and AAAA at AS and am predicted A*A*A*
Where else did you apply?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 483
Original post by G_Adler
Rejected for politics with A* A* A* A predictions, straight As at AS Level all but one over 90% (the one was at 89%) and 10 A*s at GCSE.

Is it because I'm from a state school? Who knows.

Pissed.

Good grief! They're mad!
No Offer :frown: Ah well, you are the first person I've seen with a Biology offer from Bristol!

I got 8A*, 2A and a B at GCSE and AAAA at AS and am predicted A*A*A*
Where else did you apply?

I've applied to Oxford, Imperial, Warwick and Cardiff as well as Bristol. You?
I've applied to Oxford, Imperial, Warwick and Cardiff as well as Bristol. You?

I applied to Oxford, Durham, Warwick and York as well as Bristol :biggrin:
How did you find the interview at Oxford?

I had the first interviews of the day at both colleges. My first interview went abysmally! Not only were the interviewers cold and rude, I found the whole process very unnerving, I certainly didn't enjoy it! I thought the questions were very hard and was given no encouragement only cold looks. There was no talk of my reading, interests or anything. I certainly performed very badly.

My second interview went much better, I certainly wasn't nervous and I found the interviewers much more encouraging and I feel I performed a lot better.

Don't think I got in! How did yours go?
I had the first interviews of the day at both colleges. My first interview went abysmally! Not only were the interviewers cold and rude, I found the whole process very unnerving, I certainly didn't enjoy it! I thought the questions were very hard and was given no encouragement only cold looks. There was no talk of my reading, interests or anything. I certainly performed very badly.

My second interview went much better, I certainly wasn't nervous and I found the interviewers much more encouraging and I feel I performed a lot better.

Don't think I got in! How did yours go?

Well I think my first one went quite well, I came out feeling really positive, but then you can never really tell! My second one was awful, everything I said was torn apart! I know what you mean about being unnerving, I got out my second one and I felt so drained. I'm not expecting an offer either tbh, though you never know, we could be surprised!
Just got my offer for MChem through UCAS - AAB including Chemistry and Maths. It was my last offer from my non-Cambridge unis . . .
If anyone could give me any feedback I would really appreciate it.
I have an offer from manchester for History but got rejected from UCL yesterday. I havent heard anything from Bristol and wonder if this means I am going to be rejected in January :frown:
My predicted grades for A2 are A A A and my gcses werent amazing :frown:
I'm really worried I'm going to get no more offers :frown:
Reply 490
Original post by Scarlett1992
If anyone could give me any feedback I would really appreciate it.
I have an offer from manchester for History but got rejected from UCL yesterday. I havent heard anything from Bristol and wonder if this means I am going to be rejected in January :frown:
My predicted grades for A2 are A A A and my gcses werent amazing :frown:
I'm really worried I'm going to get no more offers :frown:

With a subject as popular as History, I would expect Bristol are holding back almost all applications until after the deadline, so not hearing from them isn't much of an indication either way. Sorry to hear about your rejection, but the best thing you can do now is forget about UCAS (most Universities are on their Christmas breaks now, so you're probably not going to hear much else until January anyway) and enjoy Christmas and New Year! :smile:
Reply 491
Original post by atadsuperfluous

How about you? What was your offer?

Mine was AAA or AAB and an A in my EPQ.

Well done! My offer was AAA :smile: Which is what i was expecting, so im happy! Good luck on your Cambridge application :smile:
Original post by katieb1
Well done! My offer was AAA :smile: Which is what i was expecting, so im happy! Good luck on your Cambridge application :smile:

Congratulations and thank you! I'm pretty sure I'm going to Bristol though :smile:
Bristol is my only choice that I havent heard from yet. Come on Bristol, you know you want me!

You applied for four of the same universities as I have.

How is your UCAS going?
Reply 495

You have practically the same unis as me too :smile:
I applied to Cambridge, Durham, Warwick, York and Bristol :smile:
What subject are you doing?
Original post by KingMessi
You applied for four of the same universities as I have.

How is your UCAS going?

Original post by blackpot
You have practically the same unis as me too :smile:
I applied to Cambridge, Durham, Warwick, York and Bristol :smile:
What subject are you doing?

Hey! I've applied for Biology :biggrin:
I have offers from York and Warwick. Nothing from Bristol or Durham and waiting on Oxford reply to my interview (expecting the rejection!)

How're your UCAS's going?
What have you applied for and where?
Reply 497
Anyone here applying for Biology? Have you got an offer/what was it?
(:
Reply 498
Hey! I've applied for Biology :biggrin:
I have offers from York and Warwick. Nothing from Bristol or Durham and waiting on Oxford reply to my interview (expecting the rejection!)

How're your UCAS's going?
What have you applied for and where?

Oh, I'm psychology :smile:
I haven't had any offers yet :s-smilie: Starting to worry. But on the positive side-no rejections either!!
I though you knew about Oxford already? Throught Oxford make really quick decisions? I'm expecting a rejection for Cambridge too! But I won't know for certain 'til January.
Reply 499
Anyone heard anything for philosophy? I've been waiting almost a month and nothing :/ only acknowledgements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending