The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyanne2010
Oh ok! I applied to Trev and got into Trev. So i dont really know. they say that it can change but in reality i am not sure if it does!! do you think you will head for durham next year??

Yeah I'm pretty sure it will be my first choice. I suppose it depends if I get the grades haha, but I'm pretty certain I can do that :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Has anyone been rejected for English or History yet?
Original post by MelissaJayne

Someone I know was rejected for History yesterday, I assume there has been others as well.
Finally! OMg got an offer today for Applied Psychology - even though my predictions were below required grades! Still in shock, but over the moon! :biggrin:
Original post by El_Sid
What were your subjects/GCSE's?

See this is why I'm in shock! My application was very weak apart from, I think, my personal statement. I got AABBCCCCCE at GCSE and BBB at AS, with those predictions. So very shocked, and not very academic A level subjects - Psychology, law and health and social care.
I've just got an offer for Applied Psychology!
Predicted BBB, offered ABB
SO UNEXPECTED buuut im happy xD
My GCSEs probably helped 8-)
Original post by darkestskies
Offer for History (deferred)! Ridiculously, ridiculously pleased. :biggrin:

Congratulations!! Argh - still waiting! D:
Reply 1747
Original post by adam0311
Only the best---Durham. You?

I'll get back to you when I hear from UCL and oxford :wink:
hello potential freshers.
if any of you want any cheap textbooks to save yourselves some cash next year give me a shout. also feel free to inquire about anything about durham.
Original post by I_am_the_eggman
Nope, sorry. Although I would guess its fairly popular. Tbh I think any course at a Uni like Durham is going to be fairly competitive. Unless it's based in Queens Campus.

LAWL bite me. :mfing:
Any more biomedical sciences applicants :smile:?
Damn you i_am_the_eggman, you made me feel less proud of myself :|

lol I had all my offers back within 3 weeks...apart from Durham who made me wait an agonizing 5 days extra :smile:

But now, Business and Management Offer - ABB :biggrin:
Original post by Vijay2010
Damn you i_am_the_eggman, you made me feel less proud of myself :|

lol I had all my offers back within 3 weeks...apart from Durham who made me wait an agonizing 5 days extra :smile:

But now, Business and Management Offer - ABB :biggrin:

Don't feel less less proud, there are plently of subjects at main campus less competitive and respected than your course.... like theology, music, sociology and sport. Gawd I sound like a hatfielder, passing judgement left right and centre. :rolleyes:

And CONGRATS on the offer, Snow or Stevo college?
Original post by beansonfish
Don't feel less less proud, there are plently of subjects at main campus less competitive and respected than your course.... like theology, music, sociology and sport. Gawd I sound like a hatfielder, passing judgement left right and centre. :rolleyes:

And CONGRATS on the offer, Snow or Stevo college?

Stevo of course man :smile: Do you go/ have been offered?
Original post by I_am_the_eggman
Nope, sorry. Although I would guess its fairly popular. Tbh I think any course at a Uni like Durham is going to be fairly competitive. Unless it's based in Queens Campus.

stupid and incorrect post. im sure medicine is really uncompetitive. you dont even study here!
Original post by cpdavis
Any more Maths offers?

At my school, of the 7 people who applied for maths, 5 applied to Durham and all have heard back in the last week or so. 4 were made offers and 1 was unsuccessful. So they're definitely processing applications atm.
Original post by Got the tshirt
How come you don't think you'll make the grades! You've applied to Cambridge haven't you?

Ps Hope your interview went well :smile:

Yeahh, but Advanced Highers are such a massive jump up, I'm struggling a bit, especially with French. And because you can get to uni in Scotland purely on Highers, teachers don't put that much effort into teaching AHs :/ Also, general 6th year apathy and lack of effort, especially knowing I already have a uni place anyway.

Thanks :smile: it went ok, I guess, but I doubt I've got a place out of it.
Original post by MelissaJayne

Conditional place for history - AAA.
Over the moon!!! :smile:
Best of luck
Original post by Vijay2010
Stevo of course man :smile: Do you go/ have been offered?

Ahhh Stevo :smile:, I am in snow, your kinda lucky tho how close you r to lectures. Im alrdy at the uni. Finished my first term :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by pinkpencilcase
Conditional place for history - AAA.
Over the moon!!! :smile:
Best of luck

Well done! What college are you hoping for?

Latest