The Student Room Group

People who cheat when in a relationship

You never know how it is going to affect you until it happens to you. Love is the most powerful emotion we have as human beings, wars, have been waged over it, love lost is devastating, and is a form of torture when used in the manipulative hands of those that would wield it as a weapon. To be in love with someone, is to be open and vulnerable in a way no other emotion or intellectual sensibility demands, so when the betrayal occurs, it hits at the very core of ones existence, indeed the very core of our central nervous system.

The Ventral tegmentum, in which the seratonergic ganglion's of the Love response are centered in the brain, becomes hyperactive in cases where love is lost or unrequited, and the innervations with other areas of the brain, to do with pain, loss, depression and eating, are also seriously effected as they feed the intensity of the feelings of the person suffering the loss. Love is not to be played with, it deserves respect, sadly in our current cultural climate of excessive and convenient libidinous activity, sex has become king and Love seems to have been demoted.

We are no longer suprised by affairs, but its as well to consider, when your monkeying with another monkeys monkey, how it might feel if you were in love, and the same thing had happened to you.

Scroll to see replies

Cool story.

P.S If you're a guy you need to grow some balls.
Reply 2
Yeah. Plus if you cheat on someone, you don't love them. (y)

PS) Neg all you want, it's true. :3
Reply 3
Great thread.

Cheating in a relationship is how you get Gonorrhea. Which is how you get caught out.
Reply 4
Talking from experience?
Reply 5
bit overdramatic imo
I've never been cheated on (nor have I ever cheated) but I can imagine it being really painful.

I'm not sure how I would react, I think I would be overcome with extreme anger initially and it will turn into sorrow. Needless to say, I'd have broken up with them soon after finding out.
Reply 7
Original post by Cicerao
Yeah. Plus if you cheat on someone, you don't love them. (y)

PS) Neg all you want, it's true. :3

Only it really isn't true. I love the stupid **** people come out with when talking about something as complicated as 'love'.
Reply 8
John Terry, and his brother, couldn't give a **** what heartbreak they caused, in fact it probably made the affair all the more tantalising.
Reply 9
Original post by concubine
Only it really isn't true. I love the stupid **** people come out with when talking about something as complicated as 'love'.

Only dicks who cheat/are liable to cheat think it's not, m'afraid.
A melodramatic philosophical treatise on the ethics of adultery. Only on TSR.
Reply 11
Original post by PapaShmurff
Cool story.

P.S If you're a guy you need to grow some balls.

I don´t think so. I appreciate sensitive men using their brains more than their penis a day. Sex is cool when you are young but you can´t do it the whole day. cool rebels may be atrracting as they are seen as the bad boys pulling girls. but what lasts 20 to 30 years later of that coolness and sexual thing?

I was cheates once. I tried to believe and trust in him. We tried to re-built our relationship but there wasa nothing to save after trust and honesty has gone. you can´t rebuilt respect. there are unmarked borders which can´t be fixed after crossing them. I would never ever cheat on a person I love. If I would feel like changing something I would talk to my partner. I do have the balls to tell a partner what I really think and where the problem is. I would feel like a slut to cheat in another person. One should finish the relationship in consens with the partner not by sending an sms or something like that.

Boredom is not a motive for cheating. one should work on everything or try to involve another person in one´s sexual life maybe before ending a relationship. I would not do that but it is an alternative to figure out if there are no feelings left for the partner.
Reply 12
Girl I live with got cheated on and is still with her boyfriend (he got the girl pregnant).

So yeah, it can't be that painful if she forgave him for it. I imagine actually that the love means you are able to forgive someone for such an act of betrayal. Perhaps it lessens the blow in some respects.
Original post by woodgate39
You never know how it is going to affect you until it happens to you. Love is the most powerful emotion we have as human beings, wars, have been waged over it, love lost is devastating, and is a form of torture when used in the manipulative hands of those that would wield it as a weapon. To be in love with someone, is to be open and vulnerable in a way no other emotion or intellectual sensibility demands, so when the betrayal occurs, it hits at the very core of ones existence, indeed the very core of our central nervous system.

The Ventral tegmentum, in which the seratonergic ganglion's of the Love response are centered in the brain, becomes hyperactive in cases where love is lost or unrequited, and the innervations with other areas of the brain, to do with pain, loss, depression and eating, are also seriously effected as they feed the intensity of the feelings of the person suffering the loss. Love is not to be played with, it deserves respect, sadly in our current cultural climate of excessive and convenient libidinous activity, sex has become king and Love seems to have been demoted.

We are no longer suprised by affairs, but its as well to consider, when your monkeying with another monkeys monkey, how it might feel if you were in love, and the same thing had happened to you.

Positive rep for you my friend. You just summed up all my muddled thoughts up beautifully :biggrin:.

This is why I don't want to get into a relationship because I know how it will end :frown:
Reply 14
Nothing is worse than cheating. My ex did it, not actually, but...when she started cheating she wanted to finish our relationships as the same moment. So, I always say, never touch a person, which still has a relationship. Breaking other relationship always hurt somebody, and do it ****ing very hard!!!
Reply 15
People who cheat, also known as: cunthammers.
Wow. That is a really beautiful and poetic way of describing it.
Reply 17
Original post by Cicerao
Only dicks who cheat/are liable to cheat think it's not, m'afraid.

Sorry, but I disagree...It's a lot, lot more complicated than that. I'm not condoning it in any way, shape or form and seeing how infidelity has basically torn my family apart, I resent the implication that by thinking this I am somehow more likely to cheat :s-smilie:

And yes, I agree you OP; it's a horrible thing and I could NEVER do that to anyone, nor be with anyone who was in a relationship.
Reply 18
Original post by purplesky
Sorry, but I disagree...It's a lot, lot more complicated than that. I'm not condoning it in any way, shape or form and seeing how infidelity has basically torn my family apart, I resent the implication that by thinking this I am somehow more likely to cheat :s-smilie:

And yes, I agree you OP; it's a horrible thing and I could NEVER do that to anyone, nor be with anyone who was in a relationship.

You believe you can love somebody, truly LOVE somebody and break their trust and their heart and throw away everything for some sex with someone else? Yeah, that sounds like love to me for sure.

And yes, you are more likely to cheat if you believe you can "love" someone and cheat. I don't really care if you resent that.
Original post by Glennith
People who cheat, also known as: cunthammers.

Haha... I'd refer to them as thunder*****.

My ex (gf of 6 years) cheated on me then left me for this guy (a new friend to us both) after 3 weeks of being in uni. My advise lads.... 'Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen'. I was the nicest guy to her... and she ****ed off.

Really want some girls to object to me... I need some reassurance that you're not all like that. I'm literally depressed... almost suicidal (pathetic, I know).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending