The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

BEd at Chester

Hey,
I've applied for Chester's Primary BEd and just got an interview for the 15th December. Anyone know what kinda thing they're looking for in the presentation and what kind of questions they ask?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,
I have an interview for Primary BEd at Chester too except my interview is on the 8th of December. Is Chester your first choice? x
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
yeah chesters my #1 at the minute, but i really loved gloustershire too. i dont know, i'll see where i get offers for i guess :smile: how about you?
Reply 3
Hey, i also have an interview at Chester on the 8th of December! Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lissshannon
yeah chesters my #1 at the minute, but i really loved gloustershire too. i dont know, i'll see where i get offers for i guess :smile: how about you?

Yeah I think its my first choice too :smile: but I really like Edge Hill too. x
Reply 5
Original post by flynn_bury
Hey, i also have an interview at Chester on the 8th of December! Where else have you applied? :smile:

Hey! Ahh I'm getting quite nervous now for it. I've applied to Bangor, Edge Hill, Gloucestershire and LJMU how about you?
Have you done much preparation for the interview? What are you doing your presentation on? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by EmilyD3
Hey! Ahh I'm getting quite nervous now for it. I've applied to Bangor, Edge Hill, Gloucestershire and LJMU how about you?
Have you done much preparation for the interview? What are you doing your presentation on? :smile:

Hey, yeahh im nervous but it shouldn't be too bad! I've applied to bangor too, hull, sunderland and huddersfield.

Think im gonna do my presentation on 'lessons should be interesting and enjoyable'. You??

Have you had an interviews/ offers yet?
Reply 7
I've applied to Chester (it's my #1 choice) but not heard back yet... let us know how your interviews go!
Reply 8

what kind of stuff did they ask?
Reply 9
erm, just why i wanted to be a teacher, asked about things in my personal statement - mostly about experience with children, anything in the news worth mentioning etc.

Don't worry! It wasn't that bad, you'll be fine!
Reply 10
Original post by Mr. Gilbert
I've applied to Chester (it's my #1 choice) but not heard back yet... let us know how your interviews go!

I can't decide if Chester is my #1 choice or Hull.
Have you had your interview yet?
I had mine last week, I think it went well - I hope! haha.
I got an unsuccessful back from Chester but my college have helped me review this decision and it was to do with me not specifying I was completing my Science Level 2 GCSE equivalent through my Access course - for some reason Chester thought I was doing it separately! So they said it'll be passed back to admissions and I'll hear back soon hopefully with an interview date.
Reply 12
WOOOO i live in chester, its an ace city, o haven't applied there cos they dont teach physics, but the city is ace!
i have an interview at chester on the 12th january. how have other people's interviews gone? any ideas you can give me for prep? thank you x
Reply 14
Original post by chazzehchaos
i have an interview at chester on the 12th january. how have other people's interviews gone? any ideas you can give me for prep? thank you x

Hey, the interviews aren't that bad! They're quite relaxed really... a good idea is to learn your presentation so that you're not reading off a sheet - They liked that about me.

Make sure you know issues that are going on in education at the moment, for example, the government wanted to scrap the sports partnership with schools, but because it's so popular they havn't done so etc. etc.

Good Luck! :smile:
Hey, the interviews aren't that bad! They're quite relaxed really... a good idea is to learn your presentation so that you're not reading off a sheet - They liked that about me.

Make sure you know issues that are going on in education at the moment, for example, the government wanted to scrap the sports partnership with schools, but because it's so popular they havn't done so etc. etc.

Good Luck! :smile:

thank you :smile: that is exactly how i have been preparing, so glad to know i'm doing the right sort of thing. xx
Reply 16
thank you :smile: that is exactly how i have been preparing, so glad to know i'm doing the right sort of thing. xx

You will be fine then!

Where else have you applied? x
You will be fine then!

Where else have you applied? x

i've also applied at bath-spa (education studies), UEA (education studies), oxford brookes (primary education) and middlesex (primary education). got an offer from bath-spa which is my first choice :smile: and an offer from UEA. and interviews from the rest. how about you? x
Reply 18
Hi, i've applied to chester for primary teaching :smile:
but havent heard anything back yet :frown:
been given 4 other interviews, chester is my last one to reply.
i sent my UCAS off on the 9th november,, what time did other people send theres?
x
Reply 19
i've also applied at bath-spa (education studies), UEA (education studies), oxford brookes (primary education) and middlesex (primary education). got an offer from bath-spa which is my first choice :smile: and an offer from UEA. and interviews from the rest. how about you? x

that sounds good! well done so far haha.

I've applied to Chester, Sunderland, Bangor and Hull to do primary education. Had interviews at Chester, Sunderland and Hull and i got an offer from Bangor! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending