The Student Room Group

How to redeem our friendship?

So during first term, I mistook this guys friendliness for something more... and I found out rather badly that he's not really interested in me. Most of our friends know and at the last party, the atmosphere felt pretty awkward around us. What can I do go back to how it was before and show him that I can be only friends if that's what he wants. I'd really still want him as a friend because he's a great guy!
Original post by fruity009
So during first term, I mistook this guys friendliness for something more... and I found out rather badly that he's not really interested in me. Most of our friends know and at the last party, the atmosphere felt pretty awkward around us. What can I do go back to how it was before and show him that I can be only friends if that's what he wants. I'd really still want him as a friend because he's a great guy!

''Hey I know things have been really awkward between us since I misunderstood the situation last term but I'm over it so any chance we can put it behind us ? It's clearly effecting the atmosphere for the rest of our friends''
Reply 2
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
''Hey I know things have been really awkward between us since I misunderstood the situation last term but I'm over it so any chance we can put it behind us ? It's clearly effecting the atmosphere for the rest of our friends''

I think from his view it would rather seem like I was overinitiating and the atmosphere's just between us - awkward in an indirect way between our friends. And do you reckon I should tell him this directly though or via text or fb?
I think from his view it would rather seem like I was overinitiating and the atmosphere's just between us - awkward in an indirect way between our friends. And do you reckon I should tell him this directly though or via text or fb?

You and this guy share the same friends. If you just mention that as a reason why things shouldn't be awkward I am sure he will put it behind him. Unless there is something else you are not telling us. I see no reason to create awkwardness because you liked him and he didn't like you back. Everyones been in that situation.
Reply 4
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
You and this guy share the same friends. If you just mention that as a reason why things shouldn't be awkward I am sure he will put it behind him. Unless there is something else you are not telling us. I see no reason to create awkwardness because you liked him and he didn't like you back. Everyones been in that situation.

I'm actually thinking whether i should or shouldn't mention it to him at all... because I haven't openly admitted to him I like him, we both sort of know indirectly :s-smilie:
I'm actually thinking whether i should or shouldn't mention it to him at all... because I haven't openly admitted to him I like him, we both sort of know indirectly :s-smilie:

Well people don't wonder about things they don't want to do.

So I say you do it.

Quick Reply