The Student Room Group

Told girl i like her and got this response...

"I really like you, but I like you as a friend. You are an awesome guy: incredibly smart and really funny, but for me just a perfect buddy "

Clearly, she does not feel the same way (which is fine!). I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No TSR guy has been in this position. ever. :tongue:
Reply 2
I think being friends is definitely possible; it just takes an extremely long time to get back to how you were. I know that's not much help, but as long as you are both wanting to be friends, there should be no major problems :-]
Reply 3
Original post by Benjita21
"I really like you, but I like you as a friend. You are an awesome guy: incredibly smart and really funny, but for me just a perfect buddy "

Clearly, she does not feel the same way. I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve

dump her. if she asks you why tell her you see her just as a past acquaintance. and that she's a really awesome girl. incredibly smart and really funny., but for me, just a perfect past acquaintance
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
loser
Reply 5
You just need to fight through the awkwardness. It might be awkward for the first few hours or so but if you stick at it you'll get through it. If you think 'oh **** this is awkward' and leave you'll never get over it. Just act like nothing is different.
Reply 6
Do not whatever you do become friends with her if your still interested. It hurts like a b*tch. Just forget about her, once your out of the picture she may be interested on you because you suddenly become more of a challenge. Don't pin your hopes on that though. Move on and don't waste your time.
get over it.
Reply 8
mate, you got rejected. Deal with it. She just wants to use you to bitch to every now and then. Also clearly she's the bigger pussy here because she won't give you a straight answer, have a cup of manthe****up and get on with life, and just stop thinking about said girl
Original post by -Liam-
No TSR guy has been in this position. ever. :tongue:

Yeah because all the chick digg a Vengefull Imperial Overlord of The Student Room
find another girl. its the easiest way to get over her and you will be smug in the bath when her love life goes rubbish.
Original post by Benjita21

Clearly, she does not feel the same way. I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve

Cos being mates is poss.

been in that situation before, ie having to tell the guy we're just mates- and well...we are best mates now.
He still feels the same way towards me, but we've established that it'll never happend, hence friends is good.
Reply 12
Get her out of your life. She thinks you are not good enough for her. You don't need people like that, they will lie to your face and tell you what you want to hear but they won't be sincere about it. Find someone who is.
What a bitch, if you're all those things then you're actually more of a boyfriend material than just a friend. Tell her like some guy said she's a past acquaintance, btw this she lead you on to make you think she may like you too? Cuz if she didn't show any signs then man, learn from this lesson to make your feelings clear like this when its a friendship cuz it will damn mother****ing awkward from now on lol. Good luck! :cool:
Reply 14
Original post by Roxas13
Do not whatever you do become friends with her if your still interested. It hurts like a b*tch. Just forget about her, once your out of the picture she may be interested on you because you suddenly become more of a challenge. Don't pin your hopes on that though. Move on and don't waste your time.

typical girl
Reply 15
Good replies, thanks, i probably will stay as friends but not as close as before. There were definitely signs that she liked me - very clear in fact (e.g. wanting to spend time with me, facebooking me a lot, spending most of her time with me on a night out etc). That "friend" thing is so bloody annoying! Her friends told me she liked me too...
Girls, hey...
Reply 16
Original post by Wilzyy
typical girl

I can't tell whether your being sarcastic or not but from personal experience i can tell you it's possible.
That is so true.
Reply 18
Original post by Paint-a-Picture
get over it.

this is exactly - word for word and punctiation-wise (no capital letter, full stop) - what i was going to write

so do it.
Reply 19
Original post by Roxas13
I can't tell whether your being sarcastic or not but from personal experience i can tell you it's possible.

No,no I agree.
I'm kinda like this too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending