The Student Room Group

Julian Assange's nerdy love letters.

My levels of love for Julian Assange have shot through the roof since reading these emails sent by him to a 19-year-old girl he met in a bar while studying as a mature student at the University of Melbourne.

Now, I'm not exactly a world-class lothario, but even I know that if your opening line to a girl is "I found your company and kisses very appealing. I want to explore them further", you've blown it.

Here's how he tried to give the girl his number.

:teehee:
That seems too fake for my liking even if it is for Gawker Media. First of all the stuff in the email seems like a load of crap. What person talks like that even if it is meant to be creepy.

Julian Assange is a controversial figure , People and Governments WILL find a way to smear him. BY ALL MEANS.

But again if true I can tell why he went into Wikileaks seeing as he got that girl's licence plate number
Reply 2
Original post by House of Jonny
That seems too fake for my liking even if it is for Gawker Media. First of all the stuff in the email seems like a load of crap. What person talks like that even if it is meant to be creepy.

Julian Assange is a controversial figure , People and Governments WILL find a way to smear him. BY ALL MEANS.

But again if true I can tell why he went into Wikileaks seeing as he got that girl's licence plate number

I dunno. Don't you think, if they were going to make up lies, they'd paint a portrait of him being something much worse than a socially awkward geek?
Original post by Addzter
I dunno. Don't you think, if they were going to make up lies, they'd paint a portrait of him being something much worse than a socially awkward geek?

Yes but think of it this way. Portraying him as the usual vicious monster blah blah is so predictable people would see through it in an instant. This however I believed it for sec but the I realised that this is probably let on more than it really is. Either this is the start of the smear campaign OR.... That's it.

Remember Rape Case in Sweden and Socially awkward geek who sends such weird messages and stalks/harasses a girl like that. And they alleged the girl to say she wasn't worried at such behaviour she merely considered him to be a "funny bugger".

Besides the message and behaviour pattern is that of which one could say fits with a mentally ill person possibly. I think so anyway.

It's all rubbish. I would LOL so hard at the stupidity but honestly wouldn't be surprised if they used this as evidence against Julian Assange
I love it - and I love his writing style. Ever so slightly like he's taking the piss
Reply 5
Original post by House of Jonny
Yes but think of it this way. Portraying him as the usual vicious monster blah blah is so predictable people would see through it in an instant. This however I believed it for sec but the I realised that this is probably let on more than it really is. Either this is the start of the smear campaign OR.... That's it.

Remember Rape Case in Sweden and Socially awkward geek who sends such weird messages and stalks/harasses a girl like that. And they alleged the girl to say she wasn't worried at such behaviour she merely considered him to be a "funny bugger".

Besides the message and behaviour pattern is that of which one could say fits with a mentally ill person possibly. I think so anyway.

It's all rubbish. I would LOL so hard at the stupidity but honestly wouldn't be surprised if they used this as evidence against Julian Assange

Isn't saying he's a "funny bugger" rubbishing the claims that he's some kind of weird sex criminal/rapist? Also, this is Gawker. They've been very pro-Wikileaks and pro-Assange, so I doubt they'd be persuaded to take part in a smear campaign against him. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be untrue, but I don't think it is.
Original post by Addzter
Isn't saying he's a "funny bugger" rubbishing the claims that he's some kind of weird sex criminal/rapist? Also, this is Gawker. They've been very pro-Wikileaks and pro-Assange, so I doubt they'd be persuaded to take part in a smear campaign against him. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be untrue, but I don't think it is.

True it is all contradictory. You are right about Gawker but something still leads me to think it's all a load of Bull
Reply 7
I suppose we've all been distracted away from the cables themselves.
Reply 8
I've said it before, Julian is actually Jesus. Thus, cool guy he is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending