The Student Room Group

worst type of bully - physical, verbal or passive aggressive

Scroll to see replies

Depennds how the person who is being bullied takes it.
Reply 61
Original post by screenager2004
Everyone is going to pick the one they've experienced. But there's no way in hell that Passive aggressive bullying is worse than physical bullying.
Being ignored sucks, but I'd much prefer that to being stabbed, burnt, beaten and raped.

I would disagree. I've experienced them all lol, and I'd much rather be hit than subjected to verbal, emotional, and manipulation.

Once you've been attacked, it hurts and then it goes. The scars of passive aggressive bullying cannot be seen, and they hurt much, much more. They circle around your head, mess with your thoughts, and can lead to a mental braekdown. I developed severe depression, anxiety, paranoia, and emotional instability because of it. So please, don't downplay the dangers of that.
Reply 62
Original post by Teveth
So you have an issue with people calling you posh, but you don't have a problem with calling people common and chavs?

Interesting.

Obviously I said that in retaliation.

Also, 'posh' people aren't harming anyone. Common chavs are. Bullying, committing crimes, ruining others' educations, need I go on?
Original post by .Ali.
I would disagree. I've experienced them all lol, and I'd much rather be hit than subjected to verbal, emotional, and manipulation.

Once you've been attacked, it hurts and then it goes. The scars of passive aggressive bullying cannot be seen, and they hurt much, much more. They circle around your head, mess with your thoughts, and can lead to a mental braekdown. I developed severe depression, anxiety, paranoia, and emotional instability because of it. So please, don't downplay the dangers of that.

I'm not downplaying it, I just have a sense of perspective. I suffered depression for four years due to passive aggressive bullying, got excluded, put into isolation from other students etc: still grateful that I was never raped or burnt though!!!
Reply 64
Definitely the passive-aggressive ones. They're the hardest to implicate, making the victim feel like they're trapped. The physical ones and the verbal ones: at least you can respond to that kind of treatment without making yourself look like you're in the wrong.
Reply 65
Original post by screenager2004
I'm not downplaying it, I just have a sense of perspective. I suffered depression for four years due to passive aggressive bullying, got excluded, put into isolation from other students etc: still grateful that I was never raped or burnt though!!!

I see what you mean, but I still don't think anything's as bad as emotional bullying. :unsure:
Original post by .Ali.
I see what you mean, but I still don't think anything's as bad as emotional bullying. :unsure:

I fundementally disagree. Lots of things are much worse than emotional bullying. Take cancer, famine Sexual abuse, institutionalised racism and war for example.
Reply 67
Original post by .Ali.
Obviously I said that in retaliation.

Also, 'posh' people aren't harming anyone. Common chavs are. Bullying, committing crimes, ruining others' educations, need I go on?

Whilst you might not have been bullied by "posh" people it seems pretty silly to claim (as you appear to) that all bullying is done by chavs. "Posh" people can also bully people, and being ostracised for being the poor kid at a posh school is no more pleasant than vice versa.
(edited 13 years ago)
It has to be physical, although name calling etc can be hurtful it is not intimmidating in the same way physical is. The thought of someone being to scared to leave the house in fear is horrendous whereas you are not actually going to be scared of getting called names.

Passive isn't bullying in my opinion, you are not bullying someone by exclution, silent treatment etc. If you think someones a prick then you are not going to be nice to them and that is fair enough. For bullying I think you have be approching the person who is getting bullied with the intent of being nasty to them. I don't like people and I just make it clear I don't like them and they get the message, it would only become bullying if I then went after them and started insulting them on a regular basis when they didn't want me to speak to them.
Original post by .Ali.
It's not, but if they call me things, they should expect me to retaliate! :tongue:

but they dont ttack you here do they?
Reply 70
Original post by Sternumator
It has to be physical, although name calling etc can be hurtful it is not intimmidating in the same way physical is. The thought of someone being to scared to leave the house in fear is horrendous whereas you are not actually going to be scared of getting called names.

Passive isn't bullying in my opinion, you are not bullying someone by exclution, silent treatment etc. If you think someones a prick then you are not going to be nice to them and that is fair enough. For bullying I think you have be approching the person who is getting bullied with the intent of being nasty to them. I don't like people and I just make it clear I don't like them and they get the message, it would only become bullying if I then went after them and started insulting them on a regular basis when they didn't want me to speak to them.

Passive is awful, its worse if your stuck to the person like they are in your group of friends, in your class or any other reason you need to be around them. Passive is just for little bitchs who cant do physical. How is passive not nasty? you think if your stuck to the them in the way I said you want to speak to them
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71

TSR kids need to let the bullying memories go. It happened, it's gonna continue to happen - life goes on.

Even I had my share at start of secondary school, I just never took it and in the end it paid off - with popularity.

I bet the bullies can't even remeber your name, so no need to dwell.

I'm sure I called a few kids names, it's just immaturity at it's worst.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by .Ali.

Emotional bullying, after the damage is done, leads to an incredibly strong persona though, abilities to sympathise with people on a much deeper level, understand situations in greater detail etc. Or that was the case with me.

But then again, I can imagine it works both ways, where it leaves some to be timid and nervous people.

Have you found any of your long lost bullies on Facebook? It's a lovely experience.
Original post by DOA
Passive is awful, its worse if your stuck to the person like they are in your group of friends, in your class or any other reason you need to be around them. Passive is just for little bitchs who cant do physical. How is passive not nasty? you think if your stuck to the them in the way I said you want to speak to them

If you don't like someone your perfectly entiled to tell them to piss off, not invite them to things, ignore them, it is not bullying. Bullying is definatly an active thing because if all the person has to do is not approach the 'bully' for it all to stop, then if they get bullied they are bringing it on themselves. If you are getting passively bullied then just go and talk to the next person, how people say this is worse than getting beaten up is beyond me.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but it's the names that really hurt me.
Original post by .Ali.
Both forms of passive agressive bullying. I've experienced all four, constantly for three years, because some stupid common pricks thought I spoke like a "posh ****". You've got to love chavs eh...

Each time I read your comments, I think you are a posh ****.
Reply 76
I've only ever been subject to the first three, but passive agressive B does sound like the worse. However, physical can sometimes be devastating when it's extreme (i.e. rape).
Reply 77
Either of the passive agressive ones tbh, Broken bones/bruises etc heal but the hurt of having your friends turn against you and the maliciousness that gets said doesn't and is something that most victims of bullying have to cope with years after bullying stops.

Edit: I have to agree with what's been said by the above poster as well.
Reply 78
Original post by Sternumator
If you don't like someone your perfectly entiled to tell them to piss off, not invite them to things, ignore them, it is not bullying. Bullying is definatly an active thing because if all the person has to do is not approach the 'bully' for it all to stop, then if they get bullied they are bringing it on themselves. If you are getting passively bullied then just go and talk to the next person, how people say this is worse than getting beaten up is beyond me.

but you ignored the most important part if my post, If you are forced to be around them. The not invite thing is fine to say their birthday but its not fine when they start trying to get you uninvited from event which neither of you has any more rights than the other to go. Mine was in my group of friends so if I got away from him I lost my friends so how would you deal with that?
Well my mates going through passive agressive A and I sorted it out for him.If I hadn't stopped that sh*t it wouldve lost him all his mates.It a nasty buisness

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending