The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Mod edit: interview details removed. Please see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=537&a=612
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 501
Mod edit: interview details removed. Please see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=537&a=612
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 502

AND DONE.. and just in time, as the program I'm going to watch has just started..

Hope it helped....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 503
Original post by Braddd

AND DONE.. and just in time, as the program I'm going to watch has just started..

Hope it helped....

Thanks mate!! :thumbsup:
(edited 13 years ago)
The latest official document I can find on Scottish health issues is from 2006.

Lets hope that's still relevant, or I'm going to look a right tit in the interview.
Original post by AuldYin
I got an email inviting me to interview today with a 672.5 ukcat you may be interested to hear! But glasgow is my first choice. Im 3 for 3 on my applications so just hope at least one translates to an offer. Whats your first choice? I visited dundee for the first time today, the hospital seems great but the city is a ghost town when you re used to ed or glasgow :-(

Congrats on Newcastle interview. Hmm, I doubt they will have lowered it enough for me to get one with my 660. Glasgow is my first choice and haven't heard from the other 3 yet. Aberdeen is 2nd given my other half works offshore. I live near Falkirk now but all friends and family are here and rely on grandparents to look after my son 2 days per week whilst at uni and 3 days at nursery. Can't see how could afford full-time nursery place especially with only one income if had to move away but needs must I suppose. Just hoping I can convert the interview to an offer. What's your other choice? Did you only apply for 3? :smile:
Reply 506
Hello guys,

I have an interview at Glasgow on 2nd Feb, how is everyone else doing with the application process? I'm sooo nervous but im glad the waiting games over :smile:
Many congratulations :smile: Did they email you or notify you by post:confused:
Reply 508
Original post by sweetchilli
Congrats on Newcastle interview. Hmm, I doubt they will have lowered it enough for me to get one with my 660. Glasgow is my first choice and haven't heard from the other 3 yet. Aberdeen is 2nd given my other half works offshore. I live near Falkirk now but all friends and family are here and rely on grandparents to look after my son 2 days per week whilst at uni and 3 days at nursery. Can't see how could afford full-time nursery place especially with only one income if had to move away but needs must I suppose. Just hoping I can convert the interview to an offer. What's your other choice? Did you only apply for 3? :smile:

Haha I hope we both get into Glasgow then we'll get along great :smile:

My kids go to school in Edinburgh and I'm divorced so had to apply to "commuteable" universities. I wasn't able to apply to Edinburgh according to their admissions staff as I didn't do all my highers in 5th year (despite having multiple degrees). Have applied to Glasgow, Newcastle and Dundee (interviews 02/12, 19/01 and 10/01 respectively)

My other half doesn't live in Scotland (so I also totally rely on my mum for childcare) but he's just had an interview for a great position in Dundee so fingers crossed!!!
Reply 509
Why were my posts deleted..? These were hints given to me about my Glasgow application... not the ACTUAL questions. It's not like I stole them or anything. They were given to me by my head-teacher because the preparation day was cancelled... :mad:
Original post by AuldYin
Haha I hope we both get into Glasgow then we'll get along great :smile:

My kids go to school in Edinburgh and I'm divorced so had to apply to "commuteable" universities. I wasn't able to apply to Edinburgh according to their admissions staff as I didn't do all my highers in 5th year (despite having multiple degrees). Have applied to Glasgow, Newcastle and Dundee (interviews 02/12, 19/01 and 10/01 respectively)

My other half doesn't live in Scotland (so I also totally rely on my mum for childcare) but he's just had an interview for a great position in Dundee so fingers crossed!!!

Me too! I've just had a rejection from Dundee via track - not even an interview - pants. Edinburgh was the same for me. My highers were just not good enough grades back in 1985 even though I have 2 degrees, a postgrad and nearly a 3rd degree! WTF! Did you not think of applying to St. Andrews? I did initially apply but then was told on 14th Oct that it would be an automatic rejection as my chem quals were not recent enough so quickly changed to Newcastle.
Are you really going to commute to Newcastle from Edinburgh? How is that doable? I wish you all the best and hope we get into Glasgow and we can properly meet and have a good old chinwag - Lol... :biggrin:
Me too! I've just had a rejection from Dundee via track - not even an interview - pants. Edinburgh was the same for me. My highers were just not good enough grades back in 1985 even though I have 2 degrees, a postgrad and nearly a 3rd degree! WTF! Did you not think of applying to St. Andrews? I did initially apply but then was told on 14th Oct that it would be an automatic rejection as my chem quals were not recent enough so quickly changed to Newcastle.
Are you really going to commute to Newcastle from Edinburgh? How is that doable? I wish you all the best and hope we get into Glasgow and we can properly meet and have a good old chinwag - Lol... :biggrin:

If you don't mind me asking, what time did u receive ur track email about Dundee?
Strange how Dundee are rejecting people before handing out all of their interviews.
:confused:
Original post by garlicbreadman
If you don't mind me asking, what time did u receive ur track email about Dundee?
Strange how Dundee are rejecting people before handing out all of their interviews.
:confused:

I just checked my email at 9pm and had the ucas email which was sent at 16:56. :s-smilie:
I just checked my email at 9pm and had the ucas email which was sent at 16:56. :s-smilie:

If you don't mind me asking, what were your old higher grades? I can't believe you got rejected from Dundee even though you've got two degrees. This definitely does not fill me with confidence :frown:
Original post by Andrew Mooney
If you don't mind me asking, what were your old higher grades? I can't believe you got rejected from Dundee even though you've got two degrees. This definitely does not fill me with confidence :frown:

BBCC - crap even back then! :rolleyes:
BBCC - crap even back then! :rolleyes:

Didn't stop you from getting two degrees though, and also a third I believe? :wink: I hope you get into Glasgow, best of luck :smile:
Reply 516
Do you have to know the 12 themes of the curriculum for the interview??

I know they ask a lot about the course but...:s-smilie:
Reply 517
Original post by laurencebaker1
17. 6 days to go. :O

GL for tomorrow. Uni will be empty as everyones left pretty much, but don't let it put you off. Sure you'll do well :smile:
Reply 518
Original post by haleem
Do you have to know the 12 themes of the curriculum for the interview??

I know they ask a lot about the course but...:s-smilie:

Doubtful, but it wouldn't hurt. Maybe learn like 2/3 just incase?
Scrap that, I don't know what they are so I wouldn't stress about it.
Reply 519
Original post by lekky
Doubtful, but it wouldn't hurt. Maybe learn like 2/3 just incase?
Scrap that, I don't know what they are so I wouldn't stress about it.

Yeah lol...there are quite a few.

Also, could you please explain this integrated core business to me.

On the first page of the booklet they have sent, they say there are three main components of the curriculum. The integrated core, SSC's and vocational studies.

Then on the second page they say that there are five main components of the curriculum. Core knowledge (years 1-3), vocational studies and clinical skills, years 4&5, SSC's and Electives....soooooo there is no mention of the integrated core this time round, but i'm guessing they have split it up into two further components -> core knowledge (year 1-3) and years 4&5. Is that right??

Also, would you say that the curriculum consists of 5 components rather than 3. The booklet is a bit confusing...

Sorry if that makes no sense :s-smilie: :emo:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest