The Student Room Group

Told girl i like her and got this response...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by renjie
loser

Original post by SirRamAlot

:rofl:
Original post by mojojojo17
I think being friends is definitely possible; it just takes an extremely long time to get back to how you were. I know that's not much help, but as long as you are both wanting to be friends, there should be no major problems :-]

Can be possible, sometimes can't.

I lost one of the best friends I ever had because I stupidly fancied her for about 3 years, told her and well, er...didn't work out. She didn't take it well at all.
Reply 22
Original post by Benjita21
"I really like you, but I like you as a friend. You are an awesome guy: incredibly smart and really funny, but for me just a perfect buddy "

Clearly, she does not feel the same way. I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve

move on, plenty more clunge in the sea bro
Reply 23
Original post by ArcaneAnna
Cos being mates is poss.

been in that situation before, ie having to tell the guy we're just mates- and well...we are best mates now.
He still feels the same way towards me, but we've established that it'll never happend, hence friends is good.

why don't you just put out, your torturing the poor guy surely a cheeky bj wouldnt hurt?!
"I really like you, but I like you as a friend. You are an awesome guy: incredibly smart and really funny, but for me just a perfect buddy "

Clearly, she does not feel the same way. I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve

Story of my life OP....i get this or something like this from every single girl i have ever liked

I don't want to ever hear it again!

i'm 21 and not getting anywhere and nothing is changing, its disheartening and makes you feel ugly and worthless as anything

It's also scary to feel i could be in the same boat in 10 years...20 years

I have seen down and outs around here with no women in their lives, in their 40s and it strikes fear into me...it does happen.
Original post by joey h
why don't you just put out, your torturing the poor guy surely a cheeky bj wouldnt hurt?!

Errrr....no.

I'm not gonna get physical with someone just because they like me. It's gotta be mutual.
Reply 26
Become a comically disguised super hero, win her heart by doing dashing acts of goodwill, and THEN reveal your identity and BOOM
Reply 27
The bane of every nerd's life.
Reply 28
Errrr....no.

I'm not gonna get physical with someone just because they like me. It's gotta be mutual.

oh chill out doll, its only a willy- you don't like a sausage but you nosh on that!
Original post by joey h
oh chill out doll, its only a willy- you don't like a sausage but you nosh on that!

Harr-harr-harr.
Reply 30
Original post by 8086
Get her out of your life. She thinks you are not good enough for her. You don't need people like that, they will lie to your face and tell you what you want to hear but they won't be sincere about it. Find someone who is.

What? From what he wrote you cannot possibly come to such a conclusion. She doesn't like him in that way, too bad. At least she was honest and told him instead of leading him on. If they agree to stay friends and he still keeps his hopes up then it's his problem if he can't get over it. If he thinks he's not capable of being just a friends he should just stop hanging out with her. But dissing a girl just because she doesn't like him is utterly immature.
Reply 31
1st lesson, don't tell chicks/guys (if you're gay) (and girls don't tell guys) that you like them. It makes it way too serious early on and puts too much pressure on your friendship/early relationship.

Original post by Wilzyy
typical girl

I would be put off too if someone told me that they liked me in that way. Why make it so definite on something that really takes time to judge.

Original post by Anonymous
That's it! I really couldn't be bothered waiting for you anymore.

Don't bother speaking to me again!

And stop PMing me on Facebook with your problems. I don't care now, and I never actually did care.

Dude, now you're just being immature. Also, this over Student Room? I'm not surprised she didn't go for it.

By the way, it's a bit late now for Anon. EDIT: Okay, well it said you were the thread starter...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Ireth00
What? From what he wrote you cannot possibly come to such a conclusion. She doesn't like him in that way, too bad. At least she was honest and told him instead of leading him on. If they agree to stay friends and he still keeps his hopes up then it's his problem if he can't get over it. If he thinks he's not capable of being just a friends he should just stop hanging out with her. But dissing a girl just because she doesn't like him is utterly immature.

Agree entirely. She was very clear and did not lead me at all. I just wish the answer had been different. Time to move on. I have not dissed her, we will remain friends.
Reply 33
Original post by Breedlove
1st lesson, don't tell chicks/guys (if you're gay) (and girls don't tell guys) that you like them. It makes it way too serious early on and puts too much pressure on your friendship/early relationship.

I would be put off too if someone told me that they liked me in that way. Why make it so definite on something that really takes time to judge.

Depends how it was said. Obviously people tell people they like them so that something can begin to develop. However if it was said in a really needy/demanding way= very offputting.
Reply 34

To be honest? If she really said these very words, it sounds like she PRACTISED this reply in the HOPE that she could use it on you.

If so, she is really shallow, immature and into personal drama. Note: she might still be a nice girl and a good friend; nobody is perfect.

But don't run after her.
Reply 35
Original post by llys
To be honest? If she really said these very words, it sounds like she PRACTISED this reply in the HOPE that she could use it on you.

If so, she is really shallow, immature and into personal drama. Note: she might still be a nice girl and a good friend; nobody is perfect.

But don't run after her.

Cheers. Those were her words. I don't really understand why this makes her shallow or immature though...
Reply 36
Errrr....no.

typical feminist
Reply 37
Original post by Wilzyy
Depends how it was said. Obviously people tell people they like them so that something can begin to develop. However if it was said in a really needy/demanding way= very offputting.

Not at all, people can just flirt and build a relationship easily without ever openly saying that they like them. Actions speak loud than words whilst regaining a sense of unsureness and mystery that is required to keep a relationship going. Otherwise there is no interest, the battle has been decided before it has begun.

Speak volumes with actions, words can often be meaningless or too definite and it is clear that TS is nowhere near a stage where any sort of definition is needed.
Reply 38
Original post by Breedlove
Not at all, people can just flirt and build a relationship easily without ever openly saying that they like them. Actions speak loud than words whilst regaining a sense of unsureness and mystery that is required to keep a relationship going. Otherwise there is no interest, the battle has been decided before it has begun.

Speak volumes with actions, words can often be meaningless or too definite and it is clear that TS is nowhere near a stage where any sort of definition is needed.

Thinking about my past relationships, I think you may be right. Not saying 'I like you' out loud made the flirting and stuff much more exciting...
Reply 39
Agree entirely. She was very clear and did not lead me at all. I just wish the answer had been different. Time to move on. I have not dissed her, we will remain friends.

No, the guy I quoted (and some other people) did. I am really sorry this happened to you, but there are only two choices really - you either try to get over it and remain friends (won't lie, it will be hard, but it can be done) or stop seeing her, at least for a while. However, you're the only one who knows whether you even still want her in your life and whether you can get over it or not.

I am in a similar situation, my closest friend of 4 years wants to take it further and he is great, incredibly intelligent, caring, loving, independent, and very handsome. He is a perfect guy really, if I could choose who I wanted to fall in love with it would be him, but unfortunately emotions cannot be chosen.. I agree that saying stuff like ''you're a really great guy but I don't like you in that way'' can be heartbreaking, even fake, but it can also be true. If you think your friendship is sincere you should maybe try to keep your relationship that way, if it doesn't work out you can still walk away later. I hope it works out for you, I really do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending