The Student Room Group

(A LEVELS) How much are you planning to study in the Christmas holidays?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mufas
WTF ....rep down for merry christmas??

People are so neg rep happy! I gave him some positive to make up for it. I think people don't like him for saying he's not going to be spending his entire life revising :P
(edited 13 years ago)
LOTS. I'm quite structured with what i'll be doing during these two weeks, hopefully lots of productive revision. :smile:
Reply 62
I'm probably going to study quite rigorously over the holidays; quite honestly I don't do half the requirement I should for Chemistry since I find it so incredibly tedious and pointless but I suppose I have no choice now!

At the end of the year though, yes - dropped!

Physics and Maths are going well as per; however, I will prioritise Physics over Maths whilst I revise over Christmas since I feel it's a paper in which I am more liable to make mistakes.

Whoop-dee-doo!
Reply 63
If I'll be sleeping 50% of the time, and my social life isn't that active, about 35% of the time. Probably on Christmas day too, not like I have anything better to spend my time doing.
Reply 64
Original post by Blame
Kind of started, mainly focused on my History resit, i really don't want to look at psychology, it hurts my eyes.

Same well minus the history what is it bout psychology it's just like you put time aside start to work and then you just can't ... I'm quite a lazy person but I know that it's not the laziness I just can't seem to absorb the info anyone got any amazing revision tips?
Reply 65
my life ends from monday.....constant revision throughout till the exams....because i have done none so far
going to take breaks on Christmas, boxing day and new years though got to live a little i suspose
Reply 66
Done a bit so far :smile: Will revise quite a bit over Christmas holidays, just not Christmas eve, Christmas day and boxing day. Or monday, we're moving house :-/ Might do some new years eve, might not :-) depends how motivated i feel :smile:
Reply 67
Going to recap Biology/Chemistry neglecting geography and just do C1 mainly .
I'm planning on a couple of hours a day, excluding reading time for my English Lit texts.
I have English Lit and Maths C1 in January - confident about English, not so much about Maths, so I'll be dividing my time accordingly.
Reply 69
I'm planning around 5 hours a day. But im a person that doesn't stick to their words. I told myself yesterday evening 'tomorrow im going to do around 3 hours for each subject'. today ive done around 1 hour for biology and 1/2 hour on maths!
Oh FML... wait i dont have one. anymore.
Reply 70
Original post by LifeIsGood
When's your birthday?

5th of Jan, which is when my school goes back as well.
1-2 hours a day revision for S1, except on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day, plus loads of reading in French/German. Not that that's really work...
I didn't do any proper revision until the week between christmas and new year and then early January. I did a few hours a day.
Reply 73
I'm planning to do as much as possible. With obvious breaks in obvious places. No work on Christmas Day, News Year Eve, etc.

Is anyone else doing Edexcel Religious Ethics A2 paper and know a good place to find revision notes??
Ha, I have all of AS French to resit, one AS History paper that dragged down my A to a B and an A2 Media exam. Going to have a few days to relax because I've been going hardcore at school all this term, but then do school hours of revision (9-4) on weekdays so I can leave my weekends free. Tbh, I'm only going to revise for French and History- because Media is a doss and a half.
Lots like pretty much everyone has said already. Just wanted to share a little tip my AS Mathematics teacher gave us today, use your lesson timetable as your revision timetable. In other words, start revising at say 9am or whenever you start college and say if you had a Chemistry lesson from 9.00-10.15, revise chemistry for that time. Before everyone starts saying they want a lie in, if you work better later on in the day, then start at say 1am or something. Hope this helped :smile:
I'll revise after boxing day, I would have said after christmas, but football is on boxing day. But the most revision I'll probably do is a couple of worksheets(yes I will probably fail because of it), but I just never get round to revising properly, TV or other distractions just distract me too much
I just bought a whiteboard for revision purposes. Going to put it on my wall tomorrow morning, then the whiteboard based revision begins!

Only got three exams, so revision plan is as follows.

Edexcel English L&L.
AS: C. A2: B (predicted)

Read "A Doll's House" 10 times between now and New Years Day
Read "All My Sons" 10 times between now and New Years Day
Complete all activities in the textbook by New Years Day

AQA Psychology A.
AS: A. A2 A (prediction)

Be able to gain 16 out of 25 marks on an essay from memory by New Years Day. 2 hours a day reading, writing notes making mind maps etc, then three essay questions every other day.

AQA Sociology
AS: A. A2 A* (prediction)
Revise, revise, revise.
I want to be able to hit 80% on essays by New Years Day. 2 hours a day reading, writing notes making mind maps etc, then mock papers every other day.

As far as I can tell, my highest offer will be BBB/300 points, so super high grades in Psych and Soc are not essential. English will be the pivotal subject, but I really want A*A*B so I can post my results slip to my old college who kicked me out, with a note attached saying "this is what a competent college can achieve, you ****ers".

I'd still be chuffed if I scraped BBB though :biggrin:
Reply 78
4 hours a day, excluding family gatherings. I;ve got one retake to do, that's about it.
So I planned to do the majority of revision for my 4 exams before christmas, but that...didn't happen. :colondollar: So I then thought I'd do a lot of intense revising this week, but that just didn't work. So I'm going to plan to do some really major revising next week...and we'll see what happens. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest