The Student Room Group

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day?

Hi :smile:

Got mocks coming up!! :s-smilie:

Haven't revised yet! :colondollar:

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day? If so how?

I have 7 subjects to revise for.

What I was thinking of doing was if I did

From 9-2 do 40 minutes of work an hour = 240 minutes
From 3-6 do 30 minutes of work an hour = 120 minutes
From 7-9 do 20 minutes of work an hour = 60 minutes

Which equates to 420 mintutes = 7 hours. Will that work and is the reasnable?

Please help! :smile:

Thanks guys!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by manutd27

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day? If so how???????

Thanks guys!

ofc it is!
for my real A2 june exams i used to revise ages, like 14 hours a day and one day i did 22 hours!!!!
Really. Don't bother. You won't manage it, and you'll feel massively guilty/stressed as a result. I found I end up doing far less work on my "blitz days" than I do when I set my self achievable goals I know I can do.
Reply 3
GCSE's? seriously, you dont need to revise. the whole things a joke. never revised for the mocks, got a mixture of Cs, Ds, Bs, and 1-2 A's.
My actual Gcse's were A*A*A*A*AAAABC, which isnt too bad. Revised some subjects 2 weeks before, some not at all.
It's probably possible; certainly not advisable though! Too much.
Reply 5
Original post by manutd27

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day? If so how???????

Thanks guys!

I used to do 8 hours mon-fri
sat and sun did 4 hours
they're just mocks. You dont need to do that much revsion. You can do about 2 - 3 hours of revision a day during the holidays if you want to. I did all my revsion the night before and I got all As and A*s. If I had done revsion before the mocks (we didn't have time because we kept getting more and more homework) i could have got all A* but when it comes the the real ones I'll make sure I get them then :smile:
Even if you work for 6-10 hours, you'll probably end up achieving just as much as you do when you study for 2-3 hours.

Unless you can manage your time well, avoid distractions and be able to deal with actually learning it, rather than cramming in as much as you can. Ie. I find it a million times better to learn something, then say review it later that day, then the next day so it sticks.

You'll need a lot of pro plus and red bull as well.

Edit: Just seen this is for mocks. No way you need to revise that much. Go over the main points, if that. You probably won't do well, but you have MONTHS to revise and you're much better of learning it slowly but thoroughly. You'll probably have forgotten most of what you do now by June anyway.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
gcse's. LOL.
Reply 9
It is possible, but you might die.
It is quality not quantity that counts. Revising for 6-10 hours a day will just make you resent your work.It is obviously possible but certainly not advisable or even desirable. I got a mixture of A stars and A's back at GCSE by doing a couple of hours work each day.
they are just mocks!! they will show you how much you need to revise for the real ones in june/july
for my real gcse's i did a little bit of history revision (ie i read through a chaprter in the text book) and i did what ever we did in class, but other wise i did sod all, i got A*A*AABBBBCb
don't stress over your gcse's A Levels are yet to come and are much harder.
Reply 12
Considering there are 24 hours in a day, it is certainly possible to revise for 6-10 hours daily.

It would be better to split the time up into small sessions with regular breaks, rather than doing it all in one chunk.
Original post by karateworm
Really. Don't bother. You won't manage it, and you'll feel massively guilty/stressed as a result. I found I end up doing far less work on my "blitz days" than I do when I set my self achievable goals I know I can do.

So, what is that little man in your sig off? :colondollar:
Reply 14
You don't even need to do that many for the real thing...
I have managed six in times of extreme panic and motivation but anything more is just madness my friend, especially for mocks. :yep:
Reply 16
Original post by amohamed146
ofc it is!
for my real A2 june exams i used to revise ages, like 14 hours a day and one day i did 22 hours!!!!

that...is excessive! i didnt revise anywhere neear that amount..
Mock Gcse's are very, very, very important so 16-20hours min a day.
I didn't even revise for my GCSEs (I got A*A*AAAAAAABB, which is shabby by TSR standards, but I think I did okay..), and you're going this hardcore for your mocks? :lolwhut:

Don't bother, do an hour or two a day if you really want- but I'd just relax this Christmas, save the academic rape for A-level.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SophiaKeuning
So, what is that little man in your sig off? :colondollar:

Road to El Dorado - My favourite film ever :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest