The Student Room Group

Which university would be good for Media?

Hey,
I've already applied to my unis and got two offers which I'm quite excited about! All this time I've been thinking Lincoln is the university I want to go to, and I absolutely adore the degree they offer- I think it's my favourite one by far and I love the city...
I've also applied to the universities of
York, East Anglia, Nottingham Trent and Birmingham City
Which university do you think would provide the best uni experience/media experience and benefit me in the future??

Also, use this thread if you like to tell me how your university applications are going, particularly those applying to Media, I'd like to know how you are all doing.
TSR in general's answer: none of them, media sucks, end of thread.

Better advice: York is probably the most 'prestigious', but if Lincoln is the uni you like the most, then that is the best uni for you. :smile:
Original post by spanishdude9
Hey,
I've already applied to my unis and got two offers which I'm quite excited about! All this time I've been thinking Lincoln is the university I want to go to, and I absolutely adore the degree they offer- I think it's my favourite one by far and I love the city...
I've also applied to the universities of
York, East Anglia, Nottingham Trent and Birmingham City
Which university do you think would provide the best uni experience/media experience and benefit me in the future??

Also, use this thread if you like to tell me how your university applications are going, particularly those applying to Media, I'd like to know how you are all doing.

I study in the Media department of my college and know of a lot of people who have gone to Lincoln and love it. I'd suggest that you firstly decided on what course is most suited your needs/wants and then look at the area. Lincoln is a town rather than a city, so it of course has less jobs and nightlife than say, Birmingham or Nottingham. You just have to think about what you want from your university experience.

I looked at Lincoln for Criminology and I thought that the town had a very nice 'safe' feel to it, which you might not find in a large city. I thought that the university building was very nice and I've heard that the facilities are very good. If you can, attend the UCAS days at all of your offers and ask all questions you have :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank u for the advice, it's actually really good stuff you've said- yeah, I've got 4 conditionals at the moment and sometimes I wish they would decide for me where to go!! haha I'm so undecisive haha- but yeah, I'll keep thinking about my choices and well done with your applications :smile:
Reply 4
Thames valley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending