The Student Room Group

Girls - what tactics do you use to get a guy to notice you?

Scroll to see replies

Erm, they usually stare if anything i have noticed. Although im still in doubt, GIRLS!! If lets say i walked out of a classroom into the library and the girl was doing her work and she just stopped and stared at me until i had to put my head down, what does that mean lol. I mean i didn't even call her or anything. Thanks. Quote me bitches :wink:
Original post by SpiritedAway
"I REALLY LIKE YOU AND I AM WEARING NO KNICKERS" works :yep:

if by works you mean typing it on a forum on the internet makes someone who is eating a share bag of Doritos (cool original) and drinking water laugh and spray the contents of his mouth at his monitor...then yeah...it works fine....:angry:,,,:biggrin:

Hey you know what these things should be put together and sold as a handy guide to the female psyche!:biggrin:
Original post by snowyowl
Get my tits out.

good answer
Reply 103
Original post by kristinaalovesu
I ignore them and act like im not interested.
Sometimes i make deep eye contact and when i know the guy is interested, that's when i look away and act like he doesn't exist. :rolleyes:
Works all the time for me. :wink:

That would totally cream me....

Shame it never happens.
this thread is hilarious.

but honestly those 'tactics' discussed here will only work if theyre of similar attractiveness. its all about the league table baby. dont expect a 5 to bag a 7 or an 8.
Reply 105
Just a warning, girls...while most guys can understand the signs by our age, it's still friggin' annoying when you're all coy with us...it's cute, but it's sexier when you're more forward
Reply 106
talk to him, ask for a screen name, email or phone number. Talk to him on one of those, then one night sugest hanging out and if hes into you he will accept, you can make plans and move on from their.
Reply 107
A lot of what's mentioned here seems to be variations of looking and smiling. Now, is a girl trying to get a bloke to notice her generally attracted to him?

If this is the case, I must be more attractive than I've always thought, at least to people who don't know me.
Original post by Don John
Interesting. What sort of tactics would you, personally, like to use?

I'd say eye contact is the big thing, and then just seeming actually interested in the person, listening to what they have to say, laughing at their jokes, asking their opinion on things. Also like subtle contact like touching their hand/leg when you laugh or make a point about something...and so on lol hope that helps!
Original post by Pawsies
I'll jump down steps etc to look different to everyone else.

I do this but as sign of happiness more than anything :tongue:
Original post by Sweet_Heart
Haha, hmmm never thought about trying it on a woman before. Doubt it though, women like to be the ones being approached. Worth a try though haha, investigate for me?

Pahaa no, yeah of course women like to be approached, that's how it should be :P !
Original post by Tootles
A lot of what's mentioned here seems to be variations of looking and smiling. Now, is a girl trying to get a bloke to notice her generally attracted to him?

If this is the case, I must be more attractive than I've always thought, at least to people who don't know me.

I concur, I had always thought my mother going 'oh, she looked at you' ten times at the shops was just a way of boosting my ego.
Reply 112
I concur, I had always thought my mother going 'oh, she looked at you' ten times at the shops was just a way of boosting my ego.
Heh heh, my mother doesn't do that, but she does tell me that I'm 'handsome' and whatever every now and again.

But if I am more attractive than I thought I was... then again, I don't want to become too bigheaded, do I? But maybe, if it's true, I can be a little more confident.
Original post by Tootles
Heh heh, my mother doesn't do that, but she does tell me that I'm 'handsome' and whatever every now and again.

But if I am more attractive than I thought I was... then again, I don't want to become too bigheaded, do I? But maybe, if it's true, I can be a little more confident.

That's right, it is. One way to check this is true, if to go walk down the street with a slightly confident swagger, and see how many girls look at you. You'll be surprised at the response.
Reply 114
That's right, it is. One way to check this is true, if to go walk down the street with a slightly confident swagger, and see how many girls look at you. You'll be surprised at the response.

OK, next time I'm in Blackpool I'll give it a shot. I'm a confident walker as it is (inherited from my time as a performer), my only problem is that I have a slightly archaic way of dressing: I like to wear a tweed (-style) jacket.

D'you want me to report back to you? :tongue:
Original post by Tootles
OK, next time I'm in Blackpool I'll give it a shot. I'm a confident walker as it is (inherited from my time as a performer), my only problem is that I have a slightly archaic way of dressing: I like to wear a tweed (-style) jacket.

D'you want me to report back to you? :tongue:

Haha, do it. You can report back if you like.
Reply 116
Haha, do it. You can report back if you like.

Okely-dokely, will do. I need to get my glasses sorted anyway, so I'll be in town on Saturday.

:biggrin:
Original post by Steezy
As it says really. Just curious & think it might help me read people better.

I seem to get bumped into randomly sometimes and then the girl says sorry and just sort of lingers.... Is this a ploy that some of you use? Any others?

I either don't notice any tactics, or no one is ever interested in me :frown:, probs the latter.
Reply 118
Girls playing with their hair must be one in front your face is an obvious one.
Original post by ncsjohn02
this thread is hilarious.

but honestly those 'tactics' discussed here will only work if theyre of similar attractiveness. its all about the league table baby. dont expect a 5 to bag a 7 or an 8.

Because attractiveness isn't subjective or anything :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending