The Student Room Group

Car Insurance- Fiat Punto 1.2 for 19 year old male

At the minute Im a temp additional driver on my dads LV policy for a Fiat Punto 1.2 (03). I am looking at quotes for me as a additional driver and quotes are coming back at £2.5k-£3k.
What companies are the cheapest to insure with?
Reply 1
:/ Mate, with the number of car insurance threads we've had lately, surely you could have just clicked on one of those and checked out the responses there?

Admiral/Elephant (they're the same company) seem to be pretty good for young people atm.
Reply 2
Original post by FXX
:/ Mate, with the number of car insurance threads we've had lately, surely you could have just clicked on one of those and checked out the responses there?

Admiral/Elephant (they're the same company) seem to be pretty good for young people atm.

Insure myself fully comp? or get my dad to be main driver and i be an additional driver?
Reply 3
Original post by Zizou10
Insure myself fully comp? or get my dad to be main driver and i be an additional driver?

Depends...is it your car? Who drives it the most? If you drive it the most then you should be the main driver and vice versa.

Tesco are quite cheap. So are admiral and elephant.
But seriously if you can, dont have a fiat punto. I had one untill a couple of months ago and it was a nightmare- nothing but trouble. Breaking down, having to catch the bus etc were a regular occurance.
Reply 5
Shame I've just got quoted £1457 on a C2 1.6 VTS, also 19 yr old Male. Woop.
Original post by -Matty-
Shame I've just got quoted £1457 on a C2 1.6 VTS, also 19 yr old Male. Woop.

Do you have any NCB?
Reply 7
Original post by Boom Pow
Do you have any NCB?

Only 1 years.

I'm mid way through my 2nd but I've swapped the C2 onto it from Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending