The Student Room Group

Females, describe PMS (and similar) please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheSownRose
You've experienced that often, then?

I'm assuming here, i don't really get punched with hammers all that often :biggrin:

For me (prolly changes from girl to girl) it consists of a constant, heavy ache, combined with a feeling of heavy, gross internal bloodiness and bloatedness, i usually take ma drugz and switch between maintaining crouching positions on sofas/beds and pacing.
I get all depressed and emotional about two days before my period starts. Which is really annoying for someone who is generally pretty well balanced and tries not to give in to the whole teenage angst stereotype.

Then, when I actually have my period, I get bad cramps, headaches, am tired, bloated, constantly starving and feel dizzy when I stand up. But I'll stop whining now. It was worse when I was younger, I'm pretty used to it now and I know ways of making myself feel better.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
I get it pretty mildly and am on the pill so haven't had a period in forever (:biggrin:).
Usually get stomach and back ache and for the week before an increased tendency to get pissed off or start crying over absolutely nothing?

A friend of mine gets such bad symptoms that she has to stay in bed and dose herself up with panadol just to get through the day... :erm:

It's nastyyyyyy :yep:
:frown:
Original post by Roocky
OP is not content with this description though :frown:

and just harass him, look very woe-began, that may help.

unfortuanatly i seem to get female doctors and the ones who have never had PMS so they give me the
"its not that bad dear, you are over reacting, face" :/
Reply 24
I get really bad headaches a couple of days before. I hate them :frown: Not PMS though (don't really know what that is but just thought I'd put this in as similar)
In spite of being a woman myself, I don't know how it feels because I don't get any added complications ... but would like to understand what my female friends are complaining about. However, it just seems sort of indelicate and awkward to actually ask people I know.

So, girls/women of TSR who experience things like PMS, do you fancy telling a complete stranger what it feels like? If you have anything you can compare it to as well (for example, do cramps feel like sciatica?), that would be great.

Thank you. :hat2:

Very painful, very emotional, its not nice, i used to have days off school cos i was in so much pain. It's not nice, you are so lucky.
Reply 26
Mine tends not to be angry or snappy, just five days of wallowing in self pity and constantly thinking about suicide. HOORAY.

I only suffer from extreme pain on very rare occasions.
Reply 27
I don't really get cramps that much, I just get bloated, get an increased appetite and am very irritable!
Reply 28
Ok, so lots of people are saying cramps but not really giving more details...

I don't know if anyone else has sciatica, but it's like a throbbing pain at the bottom of your back that makes one side of your buttocks and one leg/foot numb, with occasional pins and needles - is that similar at all? How about a slipped disc, can anyone compare cramps to that?

I've suffered from sciatica. I always found that to be more of a sharp, nerve pain.

When I get PMS, I always think it feels a bit like after you've done too much exercise, like loads more sit ups than you can handle. And you get that horrible achey pain in your stomach that makes you feel sick.
Mine only lasts for one or two days, but for those couple of days I cant stand for longer than 10 minutes bc of the pain.

I get headaches, I get moody, I get bitchy.

****ing sucks.
Pains are a bit like when you pull any other muscle and have cramps, with that strength of pain but with the sickliness and strength of an abdominal pain. Luckily these days I don't have any PMS symptoms
Reply 30
I don't get my pains in my stomach so much (although I do get horrible digestive problems for the week... lovely...). Instead, I get this crippling ache in my upper thighs, like I've overworked my muscles but sharper. Does anyone else experience this, or am I just weird?
Reply 31
Lol it's exaggerated pain.
Original post by Yawn11
Lol it's exaggerated pain.

No uterus - no opinion.
Reply 33
A balloon made of fire being pumped up to breaking point inside your abdomen, then suddenly it bursts and knives come flying out to stab your ovaries repeatedly.
Reply 34
All I know is that you stay well AWAY from woman when they have it.
In spite of being a woman myself, I don't know how it feels because I don't get any added complications ... but would like to understand what my female friends are complaining about. However, it just seems sort of indelicate and awkward to actually ask people I know.

So, girls/women of TSR who experience things like PMS, do you fancy telling a complete stranger what it feels like? If you have anything you can compare it to as well (for example, do cramps feel like sciatica?), that would be great.

Thank you. :hat2:

Depends how bad you get your periods etc, I have polycystic ovary syndrome so mine are a lot worse. Get really extreme pain in my back and stomach so much so sometimes that I can't move out of bed//off my back. I also get really bad legs, really bad headaches and excessive moodswings, never angry, just always extremely happy or sad.
Reply 36
The pain is more like an ongoing pulled muscle pain rather than being punched.
If you would imagine pulling your shoulder muscles, but place that at the bottom of your abdomen and add the intense but dull ache around it of a generic stomach ache that might come from indigestion or similar.

I never got them often, but once or twice I did. Now I'm on the pill it's all fab. :P
Original post by Huskaris
1) Play football Manager
2) Get fired from managing your favourite team
3) Halve this
4) Square root that
5) PMS.

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

D:
Well it varies from person to person however this is how I feel when I have it: stomach cramps, backache, headache, I snap out at someone (usually my poor Mum or when I was in a relationship, it was my boyfriend) and then go really quiet and moody for a couple of days. I eat loads of chocolate too :s
Reply 39
Original post by DesignFreak
Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

D:

Was it a positive or a negative? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending