Scroll to see replies

Original post by Huskaris
Was it a positive or a negative? :biggrin:

positive!
Reply 41
Original post by DesignFreak
positive!

Cheers :-)

I've been finding a few more people (so that makes a few in total now) on TSR who have decent senses of humour. :-D
Reply 42
Well I do get cramps/stomach ache - but nothing not endurable that I will let dictate how to spend the day (though lol hot water bottles are my best friend at this point) - the only other thing really would be how sore my boobs tend to get - I always just wear a sports bra around that time cause they just plain ache a lot if I move too fast.

Never had a mood swing I don't think...(well not one I would put down to pms anyway lol)
Although this is a really unflattering description; have you ever had really bad wind/bowel issues? When you double over in absolute agony, as if your colon has been distended and twisted. It feels really similar to that. Or imagine being punched in the stomach in slow motion over the course of 72 hours.

To be honest, it hurts, but it doesn't interfere with your life. I'm sure you've had to go to work or uni despite a really bad headache before? Reportedly it feels the same as the contractions of childbirth.
Original post by screenager2004
Reportedly it feels the same as the contractions of childbirth.

Haha, no.
Original post by jeffercake
Haha, no.

LULZ cause they're they're nothing like each other rite? a contraction of the uterus to expel endometrium - a contraction of the uterus to expel a baby.

I didn't say they hurt the same. I said they were similar in mechanism.
Reply 46
Feeling like rubbish
Depression
Bloated
Diarrhea (and more that would be too nasty to talk about)
I usually become more emotional. I feel it very well on my body

Horrible cramps that can make you throw up. Probably like a milder version of childbirth. Sometimes, the cramps are so stabbing jolts of pain that I almost can't walk.
Sweating, fever etc. Being addicted to pain killers.
Like being punched in the womb, then stabbed with a knife.
Sometimes rolling around on the floor, crying.. Not knowing what to do because of the pain. Hours of torture. I can feel it 1-2 weeks before. It's not always that horrible, when I drug myself down, but it can be pretty horrible a lot of the times. It
completely interferes with my life, and messes up everything. And I'm a heavy bleeder. And seriously, those pain killers cost money! Damn it.

Last year I had a horrible period and swine flu at the same time. That was fun!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47
Depends, like, i started yesterday and felt almost nothing O: i was chuffed
But i have before experienced almost fainting because of it, when I attempted travelling across london in a hot, cramped train carriage.. undergoing the most excruciating pain..
It doesnt feel like 'cramp' at all for me, more like a long dull throbbing of pain.
Reply 48
Although this is a really unflattering description; have you ever had really bad wind/bowel issues? When you double over in absolute agony, as if your colon has been distended and twisted. It feels really similar to that. Or imagine being punched in the stomach in slow motion over the course of 72 hours.

To be honest, it hurts, but it doesn't interfere with your life. I'm sure you've had to go to work or uni despite a really bad headache before? Reportedly it feels the same as the contractions of childbirth.

My headaches are all migraines that temporarily obscure/remove my sight, make me very confused and unable to process word, and sometimes weaken or paralyse the left side of my body - I don't go into uni when I have a bad headache, it's dangerous for me to walk around because I don't really have a clue what I'm doing.
Original post by TheSownRose
My headaches are all migraines that temporarily obscure/remove my sight, make me very confused and unable to process word, and sometimes weaken or paralyse the left side of my body - I don't go into uni when I have a bad headache, it's dangerous for me to walk around because I don't really have a clue what I'm doing.

Awesome.
Reply 50
Awesome.

Awesome? :lolwut: :p:
Original post by TheSownRose

I'm no doctor but if I was to hazard a guess you might have MS. Anyway that kind of paralysis is not normal so go to hospital and get it sorted out :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Mittalmar
I'm no doctor but if I was to hazard a guess you might have MS. Anyway that kind of paralysis is not normal so go to hospital and get it sorted out :smile:

You're right, you are no doctor.

http://headaches.about.com/od/migrainediseas1/a/hemiplegic_mig.htm

1. I was only trying to help :/
2. I know people with MS and the symptoms you described appeared to be similar.
3. You seem to have already diagnosed yourself.
4. See a doctor!
Reply 54
Original post by Mittalmar
1. I was only trying to help :/
2. I know people with MS and the symptoms you described appeared to be similar.
3. You seem to have already diagnosed yourself.
4. See a doctor!

Actually, my doctor diagnosed me...

And I know people that have had a stroke. The symptoms seem similar, but I'm not having a very quick recovery stroke every now and then.
I found it to just be a massive amount of intense, constant pain all over my abdomen and back... the constant aching sort of pain would be sporadically interrupted by sharp stabbing pains if I tried to move. Plus feeling unbelievably exhausted, nauseous, gassy, bowel issues...

Well, this is what they were like when I was 14-18. They naturally eased up a lot after that though. :biggrin: I don't get anything like that kind of pain anymore; a bit of discomfort, an ache at most. I do still get the bowel problems, but then I do have IBS. :p:
I don't get really bad stomach cramps, just a little bit of discomfort, bloated feelings and sometimes feel over-emotional.
Reply 57
I would say tummy and vaginal pain, more easily upset and irritated, find it harder to sleep and increased appetite.
Reply 58
Bloating and water retention, back ache and stomach cramps, sometimes feeling nauseous. Mood swinging all over the place, depression, lots of crying, irritable.
They need to hurry up and invent some sort of consciousness swapping machine so I can experience all of the stuff mentioned here! Haven't read all four pages but whomever appears to portray it as the most painful/discomforting and emotionally taxing I propose swapping for the duration of a menstrual cycle!:biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending