The Student Room Group

Why do white Europeans marry Thai women?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by WarmEye
I've got a friend and his father married a Thai woman he met in a bar in Bangkok. Just wondering why so many people do it, surely theres no love between both of them...?

Why not?

Edit: Why the hell should an American care about who a European has a relationship with?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Maybe he enjoys taking her from behind, and stroking the adams apple to feel they have penetrated the full length of the womans body :biggrin:
Reply 22
Because they are slim sexy and nice. They get to come to the UK, everybodys happy.
Reply 23
Every Woman bar White Women seem to treat Men better, like Kings in some Countries and i don't mean against their Will.
Original post by WarmEye
I've got a friend and his father married a Thai woman he met in a bar in Bangkok. Just wondering why so many people do it, surely theres no love between both of them...?

Lol the question isn't why do white europeans marry thai women, it's why do thai women marry white europeans XD
Reply 25
Original post by No Man

Edit: Why the hell should an American care about who a European has a relationship with?

Why the hell should a European care about who a European has a relationship with? It's not really anyone else's business regardless of nationality.
Original post by WarmEye

I do not know why you think there are no loves between them. If you want the answer why don't you ask your friend's dad why he marries to a Thai woman. I doubt you will fine many people on TSR who can actually give you an answer without any kind of generalisation. For god's sake, some of them have never even been to Thailand!

Original post by Fuzzed_Out
Because we want sex and they want visas.

(I haven't had any relationships with a Thai woman thus far and do not plan to)

I do not really care whether you plan to have a relationship with a Thai woman or not cos that is your choice. However, why do you assume that all Thai women want visa and the European man who marry to them wants sex? Why people can be so ignorant to the idea that love and having a life partner needs to be there to make a relationship. It is true that some Thai women marry to an English guy for a better quality of life in this country. But to be honest, you will want someone who you can have a stable and peaceful life with. I personally want to marry to a guy who can take care of me - he must have a good future and must be someone who you can rely on. So what is the problem?

Original post by Elwyn
I thought it was just desperate old men who buy Thai Brides out of a catalouge, the men get a gorgeous young wife and the wife gets permission to live a better life here in the UK living off his money.

Can you really buy someone off catalogue? I have never seen any, although I know that some Thai women set up a relationship for another Thai woman and an English guy - which I really do not like and I am so ashamed of it. An old man that I have seen to marry to an Asian woman are mostly one that had previously had a terrible relationship with his previous wife.

He might be old and a Thai woman are probably marrying to him just so that she can get to live in the UK, but it is a win-win situation so why not? The guy will get to have a partner and does not have to live alone at the age of 60 when all his grandchildren and kids have gone out having their own family.

Original post by Yawn11
They're so much cheaper than getting a girlfriend here. And they don't talk back.

You are underestimating us. How dare you to turn around and say that we are cheap and don't talk back? To be fair, it is harder to get with a Thai girl than to get with a European woman. :P If you are on about prostitution then I would say yeah cos they sell sex but the OP asks about Thai women not prostitutes? O rare you just assuming that all Thai women are prostitutes that is why you think we are cheap? (Tbh, you pay expensively to get prostitute to go sleep with you anyway, unlike 'some' girls you can have a one night stand with for 'free' around clubs in Europe. So, which one is actually more expensive?)

Adn hey, we do talk back. Your second point is a fail. If you insist in saying that we don't talk back, then you surely never met someone like me and my mum. So yea, do not generalise. :smile:

Original post by Einheri
Generally the kind of man who takes a Thai bride couldn't get a white woman.

I get the feeling that your comment implies that Thai women are the last resort. :s-smilie: But I am sure you dont mean and are not saying that. All women are different. Asian women, due to their culture and tradition, they are more likely to treat the men as the leader of the house. Whereas English women, especially those highly educated, tend to try to have the power themselves in a relationship. I am not generalising, not all for them are but as far as I know and have seen, it is like that.

This is just a Thai tradition that is always there no matter how modernised the world is right now. :P The white guy that go for Asian women are probably ones that want to experience different kind of relationship with different girl.

Original post by channy
Because they have tight $%^&*#s.

Excuse me, I do find that very offensive. Although I would in a way try to believe it is a compliment. How do you know it anyway? Have you been looking under skirt of all Thai girls?

What is wrong with ''having tight $%^&*#s '' anyway? It is a good thing, although I would not imagine a young English guy would decide to get married with a woman for the sake of their p*ssy size. :P Will you?

Original post by House of Jonny
Because everybody likes a woman with a swizzlestick
Oi Oi Lady Boy!!!

Original post by bufferz
Maybe he enjoys taking her from behind, and stroking the adams apple to feel they have penetrated the full length of the womans body :biggrin:

Right, the OP asks about 'women' not lady boys. Anyway, what is so funny about lady boys? They are just gays who transform themselves to be a girl cos they are ashamed of having a guy's body and want to be able to comfortably act like female! Most lady boys are quite pretty anyway.

I am Thai and I am not saying that the generalisation of 'Thai girls are cheap, want sex, money, visa' are not true. It is true in some extent, but you should not completely generalise it. It also depends on where you go in Thailand. If you go appreciate the cultures - visiting temples etc. you would experience something completely different.

My boyfriend is white and he had been in relationships with few white women - so the generalisation of 'white guys get thai women cos they cant get white women' are proven to be misleading. He told me that there is something different in Asian - they way they act, they way they talk and how they treat the man are different - both in a good and bad way. Of course, you will find sh*t ones, but there are girls like that everywhere.

Anyway, it is not just Thai women, there are other Asian women who do things like this as well you know. It really pisses me off when people tend to always say Thai women are this and that... Do not generalise if you never actually talk to ALL of them.

It also pisses me of when the Thai women who fit with the generalisation keep doing ****ty things - and someone like me has to put up with it when people generalise Thai girls in front of me.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I am not saying English or European women are bad. Never think of that. I am just saying that having a relationship because they want to try something different is not a problem - well, I don't see anything wrong with it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by street.lovin'
I do not know why you think there are no loves between them. If you want the answer why don't you ask your friend's dad why he marries to a Thai woman. I doubt you will fine many people on TSR who can actually give you an answer without any kind of generalisation. For god's sake, some of them have never even been to Thailand!

I do not really care whether you plan to have a relationship with a Thai woman or not cos that is your choice. However, why do you assume that all Thai women want visa and the European man who marry to them wants sex? Why people can be so ignorant to the idea that love and having a life partner needs to be there to make a relationship. It is true that some Thai women marry to an English guy for a better quality of life in this country. But to be honest, you will want someone who you can have a stable and peaceful life with. I personally want to marry to a guy who can take care of me - he must have a good future and must be someone who you can rely on. So what is the problem?

Can you really buy someone off catalogue? I have never seen any, although I know that some Thai women set up a relationship for another Thai woman and an English guy - which I really do not like and I am so ashamed of it. An old man that I have seen to marry to an Asian woman are mostly one that had previously had a terrible relationship with his previous wife.

He might be old and a Thai woman are probably marrying to him just so that she can get to live in the UK, but it is a win-win situation so why not? The guy will get to have a partner and does not have to live alone at the age of 60 when all his grandchildren and kids have gone out having their own family.

You are underestimating us. How dare you to turn around and say that we are cheap and don't talk back? To be fair, it is harder to get with a Thai girl than to get with a European woman. :P If you are on about prostitution then I would say yeah cos they sell sex but the OP asks about Thai women not prostitutes? O rare you just assuming that all Thai women are prostitutes that is why you think we are cheap? (Tbh, you pay expensively to get prostitute to go sleep with you anyway, unlike 'some' girls you can have a one night stand with for 'free' around clubs in Europe. So, which one is actually more expensive?)

Adn hey, we do talk back. Your second point is a fail. If you insist in saying that we don't talk back, then you surely never met someone like me and my mum. So yea, do not generalise. :smile:

I get the feeling that your comment implies that Thai women are the last resort. :s-smilie: But I am sure you dont mean and are not saying that. All women are different. Asian women, due to their culture and tradition, they are more likely to treat the men as the leader of the house. Whereas English women, especially those highly educated, tend to try to have the power themselves in a relationship. I am not generalising, not all for them are but as far as I know and have seen, it is like that.

This is just a Thai tradition that is always there no matter how modernised the world is right now. :P The white guy that go for Asian women are probably ones that want to experience different kind of relationship with different girl.

Excuse me, I do find that very offensive. Although I would in a way try to believe it is a compliment. How do you know it anyway? Have you been looking under skirt of all Thai girls?

What is wrong with ''having tight $%^&*#s '' anyway? It is a good thing, although I would not imagine a young English guy would decide to get married with a woman for the sake of their p*ssy size. :P Will you?

Right, the OP asks about 'women' not lady boys. Anyway, what is so funny about lady boys? They are just gays who transform themselves to be a girl cos they are ashamed of having a guy's body and want to be able to comfortably act like female! Most lady boys are quite pretty anyway.

I am Thai and I am not saying that the generalisation of 'Thai girls are cheap, want sex, money, visa' are not true. It is true in some extent, but you should not completely generalise it. It also depends on where you go in Thailand. If you go appreciate the cultures - visiting temples etc. you would experience something completely different.

My boyfriend is white and he had been in relationships with few white women - so the generalisation of 'white guys get thai women cos they cant get white women' are proven to be misleading. He told me that there is something different in Asian - they way they act, they way they talk and how they treat the man are different - both in a good and bad way. Of course, you will find sh*t ones, but there are girls like that everywhere.

Anyway, it is not just Thai women, there are other Asian women who do things like this as well you know. It really pisses me off when people tend to always say Thai women are this and that... Do not generalise if you never actually talk to ALL of them.

It also pisses me of when the Thai women who fit with the generalisation keep doing ****ty things - and someone like me has to put up with it when people generalise Thai girls in front of me.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I am not saying English or European women are bad. Never think of that. I am just saying that having a relationship because they want to try something different is not a problem - well, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Oh no. you got me wrong I dont think anything is wrong with lady boys and what not. I was just making a joke. no not all women in thailand are lady boys. I know that.
Because they love you long time.
Reply 29
Original post by Psyk
Why the hell should a European care about who a European has a relationship with? It's not really anyone else's business regardless of nationality.

I know, but it seems more weird that an American cares.
Original post by WarmEye

lol because she loves him long time...:biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Einheri

Are you suggesting that white women are superior to Thai women then? **** off mate.
Reply 32
Original post by street.lovin'

See this why I'll just buy a thai woman.

She would've asked for permission before quoting me.

Spoiler

Reply 33
Because they're for sale and they're cheap.
Original post by WarmEye

I wanted to reply: "What makes you think that?" But after reading: "I think my body radiates with handsomeness and awesomeness with the power of 1,000 suns"

And

"A girlfriend is really just an overpriced hooker with which there is no guarantee of pleasure"

You don't deserve it.:rolleyes:
Original post by Fuzzed_Out
Because we want sex and they want visas.

(I haven't had any relationships with a Thai woman thus far and do not plan to)

Does it mean that you are asexual?:rolleyes:
Original post by Yawn11
They're so much cheaper than getting a girlfriend here. And they don't talk back.

Cheaper? :eek: You need some dick in your mouth!!:rolleyes:
Reply 37
Original post by Einheri

Lol - don't quite a few white men specifically LEAVE their white female partners in order to have funtime with Thai women?

Maybe a substantial number of white men find Thai women incredibly hot and sexy and don't really find white women very attractive?

Disclaimer: I did say 'maybe' - I haven't looked into it, so please don't neg rep me to oblivion.

(Creeps away before an army of enraged middle-aged European females burn him)
Reply 38
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Cheaper? :eek: You need some dick in your mouth!!:rolleyes:

I'm not gay soz.
Original post by Yawn11
I'm not gay soz.

That's exactly the reason you need one in your mouth. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending