The Student Room Group

This is real love :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by giantlemon
precisely. i do not have cats and they do seems to be far more self centred. but i know from my dog that animals have emotions, such as being grumpy and sulking after being ignored or told off. he then won't even come when called to make a fuss of. is it possible though that perhaps domesticated animals gain similar human qualities are long periods of time together. i realise that obviously a lot of what we perceive to be human qualities is nonsense, but domesticated animals are so vastly different to their wild counterparts it does not seem such a great leap of the imagination to think that since they are trained according to human ideals that subconsciously they may 'instinctively' do actions according to the odd one. for example after the being grumpy and upset having been ignored, when it would seem more natural to want the attention.

Again be careful, is your dog being grumpy because it is upset that it was ignored, or has your dog learnt to appear grumpy after being ignored or told off, either to protect itself from being told off again, or to avoid being ignored (or even because it knows it will be rewarded after you realise youve ignored it). I know if i have just been punished, i am reluctant to go back to the person who punished me. It may be a simple behavioural explanation for it rather than any emotional explanation. All anmals show obvious emotions e.g. fear, happiness, anger, but its the more complex ones which are difficult to identify. I think any animal can learn to be 'domestic' if brought up in the right environment. Remember the story of the lion from Harrods which was raised as a pet. So possibly all animals posess the same emotions.
Reply 121
Dropped two tears when watching this.
Original post by Lewroll
Again be careful, is your dog being grumpy because it is upset that it was ignored, or has your dog learnt to appear grumpy after being ignored or told off, either to protect itself from being told off again, or to avoid being ignored (or even because it knows it will be rewarded after you realise youve ignored it). I know if i have just been punished, i am reluctant to go back to the person who punished me. It may be a simple behavioural explanation for it rather than any emotional explanation. All anmals show obvious emotions e.g. fear, happiness, anger, but its the more complex ones which are difficult to identify. I think any animal can learn to be 'domestic' if brought up in the right environment. Remember the story of the lion from Harrods which was raised as a pet. So possibly all animals posess the same emotions.

yes.
Turns out I'm not a fan of turkish music.
Also that made me cry, whatdoido?!
Reply 124
Are you for real?
Well, even if you're not, thanks for the four minute laugh watching one cat try to turn another into furniture.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
That cat is doing exactly the same thing when they find somewhere comfy to sit.

Blatantly sitting on the corpse because it's nice and furry. I imagine him saying 'Deal with it'.

This.

Whether the cats were buddies or not, a cat just doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand the concept of breathing, or any of the other sapient mental acrobatics required to get to the point of "Hmmm my mate isn't breathing, best try some CPR".
Original post by Sungirlshines
This video was taken by a man in Antalya, Turkey on the 24th of April 2010. A cat was hit by a car, and her love partner was trying to make her a heart massage and a artificial respiration to make her breath. Meanwhile he doesn't let anyone to come closer than 2 meters and doesn't let the cat alone even for one minute. The man who was recording this video called a veterinar and told him everything that was happnening there on the phone. He couldnt believe that and he came straight after, but it was too late... :frown:

And I'm F* crying here with my mum because when people die on the street nobody's there to help them, but this is just a cat....and he's trying to save his lover's life. This is real love :puppyeyes::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry::cry:

I dont think it's sad at all. All that white cat does is has a little sleep and keeps trampling on him. People are stupid. Animals dont have human emotions.
Very sad indeed.
Reply 128
pwned.
Silly people trying to anthropomorphise an animal. What next, the toaster is jealous of the kettle?
They're cats ffs, it could've made dish of the day at Chan's Restaurant.
Original post by amelia1990
I dont think it's sad at all. All that white cat does is has a little sleep and keeps trampling on him. People are stupid. Animals dont have human emotions.

oh my god...you're such a heartless idiot if you say that animals dont have feelings.
Why would a dog rescue his owner when he colapsed?! the dog couldnt care less and would let his owner die - thats a case i have seen few days ago. So please, GTFO if you think animals have no feelings. I hope God punishes you for that one day.
Reply 132
Why would a dog rescue his owner when he colapsed?! the dog couldnt care less and would let his owner die - thats a case i have seen few days ago

Because the dog is intelligent enough to make the connection between the owner's presence and the providing of food every day. It's not in the dog's interest to 'let his owner die.'
Reply 133
The funny thing is, if there was no music, no one would cry.
The music creates the emotion, otherwise it looks like a cat playing with another cats corpse. only the music creates the atmosphere
oh my god...you're such a heartless idiot if you say that animals dont have feelings.
Why would a dog rescue his owner when he colapsed?! the dog couldnt care less and would let his owner die - thats a case i have seen few days ago .So please, GTFO if you think animals have no feelings. I hope God punishes you for that one day.

Firstly, your post makes no sense.

Secondly, from what i can make out from your senseless rambling, the dog was most likely worried about where his next meal was coming from.

Thirdly, God won't punish me, mainly because there is no such thing as God. If I'm wrong I reckon I've done things good enough to redeem me from not caring about a youtube video where one cat CLEARLY tramples his dead cat friend.

Finally,

So please, GTFO if you think animals have no feelings.

HAHAHAHA
ps

the music over that video is hideous
Original post by amelia1990
ps

the music over that video is hideous

ps

You're an idiot.
It was just it's time, it was just it's time :nopity: :snoozing:
Original post by aJohnsonsun
ps

You're an idiot.

How am I? For saying I don't like the music? Wierd Turkish ballads dont really do it for me, SOZ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending