The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

The heavy snow which was forecast for sat has now become light snow... which will tomorrow change to sleet... then on sat change to sunny spells :tongue:

I pay little attention to the measurements, but on saturday its predicting double the amount of snow found on a similar prediction before the last bout of snow... which turned out to be a considerable amount :sogood:

Snow for this saturday has been pretty consistent in the forecasts since last weekend.... just the amount is going to greatly vary
Reply 662
Did anyone else open their curtains to snow this morning?

I woke to over 3 inches and its been snowing non stop all morning - forecast says its not meant to stop until tomorrow...... Beginning to wonder if Im going to make it home for Christmas, otherwise its me and the hamster with a can of soup.....:redface:
Not a single flake here...:frown:
Reply 664
My school is closed :wink:
had some brief blizzard here in brum and there a slight layer of snow but not much im sorry to day.
Original post by perrytheplatypus

Same here. And I hope it stays like this.
Reply 667
Ah it is odd...my parents havent had any either and they're only about 30/35 mile away...

Original post by perrytheplatypus

That cat in your sig is soo cute...:smile:
A lickle bit, but I'm hoping it goes away...:frown:
I got stranded in London last night because of the snow in my town.
There probabaly wasn't even half a centimetre of it.
Reply 670
There is loads of snow in South Wales. :smile: But I already broke up from school anyway. I hope I can go out on Monday though. Have fun in the snow everyone. :P
Had a light dusting last night. Only settled on the grass. Nothing like the 6 inches we had 3 weeks ago. Hope it stays this way. Need to get to London tomorrow morning and to Devon Sunday Evening.

I've been informed by my mother and several of my friends statuses that there was actually snow in my home town, which is like the rarest thing ever!!

Anyone know about London or Jersy?
Original post by suzie101

I woke to over 3 inches and its been non stop all morning

:giggle:
I did. Total blizzard outside this morning. It was epic. Stopped now though. Even got a snowday, which was a shock since my school is the kind to be open even in the apocalypse. :lol: And since I wasn't expecting to be off today I left all my stuff at school! 2 weeks ago the school thought nothing of sending us to school in a blizzard, but when I actually need to be at school they close it?! Whyyyy?
Reply 674
meh, good foot of snow in scotland over the last 2 weeks, so excitements gone =(...now im down south in london anyway and there's gonna be barely any.
I've heard it may last for a few weeks...im hoping ill still be able to drive back to edinburgh
Reply 675
I have to admit it looked pretty awesome outside this morning - unfortunatly a fifth gritter went down my road and runined it...now my road is a lovely thick brown slush which has now started spreading onto the pavement....Id rather walk on snow than slush any day....
Its finally stopped snowing now and there is now brilliant sunshine - Whats going on?

Original post by The Stig
:giggle:

I knew someone would comment on that haha
Original post by Loz17
Anyone know about London or Jersy?

No snow in London yet, expected to snow soon though, just really really cold right now
We had a short flurry just a while ago here in Brizzle, not enough to cover the ground though.
Reply 678
Obviously Wales is the place to be today for snow - it sucks though Im not getting out of any thing because of the snow, likewise everyone I know is at work so I cant even go out in it.....I dont want to look like some wierdo going out to play in the park with kids....
Woke up to some snow - it seems to have stopped snowing though and I hope it stays that way... Thankfully I got home from Edinburgh on Monday so not going to get stranded anywhere... but yeah, after the past couple of weeks we had in Scotland I'm pretty fed up with it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending